Changes for West Coast | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for West Coast

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Reckon last year the Eagles were set up for a loss because they were consistently going in tall, and it was a slightly damp evening. This year they seem to have more running power. Wouldn't be risking a player returning from injury unless top class. Agree with no change.

They're playing surprisingly good football this year with plenty of talent coming back into the side.
Will be another very big test for us no doubt.

They will have Darling back, unless he reinjures this weekend

If we hadn't had the bye, I'd agree with the Menadue change; with the week's refresher, he should be ok to go, so no change for me at this point, no point rewarding magoos' mediocrity

Carter said:
the funny thing is Lloyd would greatly benefit from our current structure.

could easily see him jagging multiples with his front and square work.

very hard to drop anyone from the freo team though.
Sorry Carts, but Lloyd is a limited footballer. I gave him the benefit of the doubt earlier in the year but has proven to be a good VFL player at best.

You want front and square work? - Get Shorty.

Smoking Aces said:
Sorry Carts, but Lloyd is a limited footballer. I gave him the benefit of the doubt earlier in the year but has proven to be a good VFL player at best.

Yep good call Aces.

Agree on Lloyds limitations, just feel that he would be optimal right now.

But if Short is ready, I certainly wouldn't object to more young talent getting a debut.

I go into every home game against an interstate opponent thinking we should win, regardless of their quality.

No different with the Eagles. They are playing well, but if we are to have a big 2nd half of the year and make finals and perhaps push further, this is simply a game we must win.

Smoking Aces said:

Lloyd may prove me wrong, but I've always thought that he's a good VFL player and that's about as far as it goes. Short is a better option long term, but he's still a rookie at this stage.

The WCE team versus Essendon has been named.
If they keep that squad for the game against us:

Naitanui v Maric in the ruck
Kennedy sinclair Darling v chaplin grimes and Rance

And Schofield and McGovern to keep up with Jack and griffiths

I'm not sure if they will bring in another tall defender to handle Vickery.

Rather stick with Ellis or Menadue than Lloyd but i think one or both will need to go back to the twos at some stage
Remember Ellis had no pre season so gently gently with him :eek:

It will be interesting at the selection table next week. The long range forecast looks very average with a lot of precipitation leading up to game day.

smokin joe said:
Rather stick with Ellis or Menadue than Lloyd but i think one or both will need to go back to the twos at some stage
Remember Ellis had no pre season so gently gently with him :eek:

Cory boy boy just had almost 2 weeks off . Let the kid play !!!

scottyturnerscurse said:
Out: Menadue (to get a full game in the twos)
In: Lloyd

Couldn't he play in the VFL this week or do we have a bye there as well?