Changes for West Coast | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for West Coast

turk-d-tiger said:
Wet Coke v Richmond

Its all about the midfield

Benny Cousins Cup?

This is a must win for us. I know that's stating the obvious, but WC will be competing with us for posi 4-8 I reckon... and it's the type of game we've tended to drop in the past when looking good. 15 day break for us vs 6 days for them should help along with their lack of talls down back.

OUT Menadue IN Newman is my feeling.

No change. We've held up more than adequately without Newy's 'leadership' or whatever he's supposed to offer these days.

No change. I actually reckon this should be a game we win comfortably, not a thrashing but a comfortable 5 goal win.

The media pump up WC so much.

I would really hate to see Menadue dropped for Newman, Specially for the west Coast game as we need run rather than experience against the eagles

We are nowhere near a top 4 team and shouldnt get our hopes up too high, Happy just to make finals this year and Footscray,Melbourne,Roo's,Cats games have shown we still have a long way to go and short another 2-3 good players.

I would love to see Todd Elton in the side this week to replace Chaplin but know that will never happen

Elton - Darling
Rance - Kennedy
Grimes - Le Cras
Batchelor - Cripps
Vlastuin - Hill
Houli - Masten

Grigg - Gaff
McIntosh - Elliot-Yeo

Priddis is the player we need to keep an eye on as he can really hurt us

Should win this one.

Dont rate the Eagles, particularly away from home.

Need to go 3-1 at worst in the next 4 games.

Eagles talls Nic Nac & Sinclair are giving hand signals at centre , around the ground ball ups & boundary throw ins to Priddiss & Co indicating as to where they are going to tap it. Hope our coaching staff noticed that in the Eagles game against the Dunners.

Tigaman said:
Eagles talls Nic Nac & Sinclair are giving hand signals at centre , around the ground ball ups & boundary throw ins to Priddiss & Co indicating as to where they are going to tap it. Hope our coaching staff noticed that in the Eagles game against the Dunners.

Yeah Nic Nat points one way then hits it the opposite direction.

Got to watch for the double reverse trick..

turk-d-tiger said:
I would really hate to see Menadue dropped for Newman, Specially for the west Coast game as we need run rather than experience against the eagles

We are nowhere near a top 4 team and shouldnt get our hopes up too high, Happy just to make finals this year and Footscray,Melbourne,Roo's,Cats games have shown we still have a long way to go and short another 2-3 good players.

I would love to see Todd Elton in the side this week to replace Chaplin but know that will never happen

Elton - Darling
Rance - Kennedy
Grimes - Le Cras
Batchelor - Cripps
Vlastuin - Hill
Houli - Masten

Grigg - Gaff
McIntosh - Elliot-Yeo

Priddis is the player we need to keep an eye on as he can really hurt us

Grigg v Gaff! Both will end wearing white boots - boundary line chalk

Merveille said:
Got to watch for the double reverse trick..

Sounds like we better bring in agent 86 Maxwell Smart as our consultant this week.

Merveille said:
Speaking of Max - no.2 just, from no.3

http://youtu.be/Te_zQxcRVvM

I was too young to appreciate that show, but it explains why my old man used to watch it with me.

Barbara Feldon was gorgeous.

I reckon Newman will come in for Menadue. There is nothing wrong with giving kids 3-4 games , and when they can't get a touch drop them down to the twos to get a bit of the footy. that is what the cats did years ago with the midfield, gave the future guns all about four games on a rotating basis.

Not as confident as I was against Freo.

We've just had a Sydney Round 23 type of win and a week's break. While 6-day breaks are harder on the body, you also don't have time to get complacent, so mentally you're usually as sharp as you can be. I've found this mental effect to be true in other fields, and I would be hesitant to say we've got a definitive advantage because of the 15-day break.

The break came at a good time by the sounds of their reaction after the Freo game (hinting at niggles emerging), so the timing has been good. But mentally have we dealt with the Freo win better than we dealt with the Sydney win last year? On talent and physical condition, we should win.

First 10 min tells us what tiger outfit has come out. A very solid month, we cant win every game but we need to keep racking up the 4pts if we want a chance at finals. Been a VERY long time since we really have come out and played a blinder on a Friday night at the G, in front of the faithful. v Nth Melb 20 years ago??? When we kicked something like 9 or 10 goals in the 1st??

2 HUGE friday games in a row. WC and Swans.