Can't see any promising signs | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Can't see any promising signs

Also we apparently will be playing our A grade mids Martin, Deledio and Edwards more forward this year and replacing them with C and D graders in the midfield. That sounds like an idea?

Inside mid Conca with questionable disposal. Well outlet man for defence obviously.

Chaplin? forward of course.

Rethink on Chappy or not enough forward nouse. OK lets add Chol as our preferred third tall.

Three quarters of NAB 3 should top us up nicely. OK fellas lets pack up and head off home!

I think the chip, slow game is a direct decision to cope with less rotations. Ie keep the players fresher for longer by doing less in games.

I'd like it if we had two styles, and the players were smart enough to read the flow of the game and alternate between them.

lamb22 said:
Also we apparently will be playing our A grade mids Martin, Deledio and Edwards more forward this year and replacing them with C and D graders in the midfield. That sounds like an idea?

Inside mid Conca with questionable disposal. Well outlet man for defence obviously.

Chaplin? forward of course.

Rethink on Chappy or not enough forward nouse. OK lets add Chol as our preferred third tall.

Three quarters of NAB 3 should top us up nicely. OK fellas lets pack up and head off home!
If conca gets back he will not be our defensive go to player. This was nab cup. Batchelor will play his normal role here sure he doesn't match up perfectly every week but the back line always looks a solid unit when he is there.
We will be fine. Sit back and enjoy it sports fans.

The serious stuff starts soon enough.

I thought our forward line looked good in the first half when Jack, Vickery and Chol lined up together. They were getting good separation from each other and the PA defence was looking very nervous. Unfortunately, once the injuries kicked in, this combination had to go by the wayside.

I'm starting to think that both Rioli and Chol will line up against the Blues. Chol is not quite ready but he has earned a game or two, based on what I have seen. Rioli will be a star.

TOT70 said:
The serious stuff starts soon enough.

I thought our forward line looked good in the first half when Jack, Vickery and Chol lined up together. They were getting good separation from each other and the PA defence was looking very nervous. Unfortunately, once the injuries kicked in, this combination had to go by the wayside.

I'm starting to think that both Rioli and Chol will line up against the Blues. Chol is not quite ready but he has earned a game or two, based on what I have seen. Rioli will be a star.

Agree on Daniel, he is an impressive young player, disagree on Mabs, he is miles off @ present & no way will play Rd 1

taztiger4 said:
Agree on Daniel, he is an impressive young player, disagree on Mabs, he is miles off @ present & no way will play Rd 1
Griffiths will play instead of Chol.

In the first half when we had a full contingent of players I was dismayed at our structure and ball movement - there was little or no cohesion.

Players seemed to be going through the motions, not really knowing what to do, when they had the ball rather than a definite set structure to kick too. It also showed how much we rely on Miles in the guts.

Give credit where it is due when we didn't have the ball we were very willing at the Port player who did have it. Maybe a little polish in our tackling skills is needed but the Tiger players did not shirk the issue.

Watching the ball movement in the other games I am concerned we will be one of the slowest ball moving teams in the comp.

From what I have seen I'm not so sure we are playing top 8 footy let alone top 4 footy.

Smoking Aces said:
Griffiths will play instead of Chol.

McBean should be ahead of both.

Old mate Griffiths continuing to get a golden ticket. Has done zero in the preseason off the back of a shocking final off the back off another injury prone low touch year.

SCOOP said:
McBean should be ahead of both.

Old mate Griffiths continuing to get a golden ticket. Has done zero in the preseason off the back of a shocking final off the back off another injury prone low touch year.

Yer, I just can't work it out. He breaks a bone in his hand last year, then has big Sandilands slam him in the head.

All to get his golden ticket ... for what though...?

Is it for chumps like you to slag him off?

That's a right rip-off.

leon said:
Yer, I just can't work it out. He breaks a bone in his hand last year, then has big Sandilands slam him in the head.

All to get his golden ticket ... for what though...?

Is it for chumps like you to slag him off?

That's a right rip-off.

Ha! I look forward to watching Mr Almost in 2016.

SCOOP said:
Ha! I look forward to watching Mr Almost in 2016.

Fine, enjoy the abuse like the rest of his knockers. Griffiths certainly has his challenges to face this year. I believe he can prove you wrong, but not confident due to his wretched luck with injury.

In the meantime, enjoy slagging players off for being injured. Dimma's choice to bring him back from long injury break for the EF, whether ready or not after no match practice, and might have been proved successful but his kicking for goal was poor.

But to heap it on because of injuries, well just be proud of your keyboard heroics.

leon said:
In the meantime, enjoy slagging players off for being injured. Dimma's choice to bring him back from long injury break for the EF, whether ready or not after no match practice, and might have been proved successful but his kicking for goal was poor.

So it wasn't successful.

But it almost was. Again.

SCOOP said:
So it wasn't successful.

But it almost was. Again.

No everyone's a winner every time like you, with your own 'golden ticket' to be a keyboard warrior ... almost.

I don’t have one but Mr Griffiths clearly does.

Only way to explain how he walks back into the side every time. :rofl