Can't see any promising signs | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Can't see any promising signs

It's very hard to gauge how the teams stack up from pre-season games.......but particularly games like the Port one where there were so many early injuries......whilst players all want to compete once they're out on the ground, the desire for the contest starts to dissipate pretty quickly in a meaningless pre-season game once the injury toll starts to mount up. Astbury looked ok, Deledio got a run and didn't pull up sore....Hampson still can't take a mark to save himself.......Menedue coming along nicely.....Apart from that, nothing much else to see....

Sintiger said:
Year after year it's the same where fans and pundits alike draw conclusions from practice matches yet history proves that drawing any conclusions from them is basically a waste of time.

dead set mate... this thread is surely a p!sstake, right? if not, I fear for the intelligence of RFC supporters ::)

next up, everyone will judge our entire season on whether or not we flog Carlton in round 1.

Have to love a positive coach.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2016-03-14/hardwick-remains-upbeat

To get a chance at finals redemption we need a load of these things to happen.

Cotch to return to his best form.

Lids to play 20 ish games

Jack and rance and Miles and Houli not to slide.(most confident of this being the case)

Dusty to become one of the most influential mids in the game.

Need to go up another level...

Tyrone, sheds, Flossy, B Ellis, KMac, Lennon, Conca (injury makes him a virtual right off.)

Need to become best 22...

C Ellis, Xanadu.

Must succeed at the role's targeted...

Yarran, Townsend (or moore.)

Must be Overtaken...

Chaplin.

Conca gone, that would give us 18 very valuable players with a fantastic best 7. But the chance of all of that happening is slim. Maybe not promising signs, but reason to hope.

Some one jumping out of the box and taking the comp by surprise wouldn't hurt either.

ninjahaha said:
To get a chance at finals redemption we need a load of these things to happen.
Cotch to return to his best form.
Lids to play 20 ish games
Jack and rance and Miles and Houli not to slide.(most confident of this being the case)
Dusty to become one of the most influential mids in the game.
Tyrone, sheds, Flossy, B Ellis, KMac, Lennon, Conca (injury makes him a virtual right off.)
Need to become best 22
C Ellis, Xanadu.
Must succeed at the role's targeted
Yarran, Townsend (or moore.)
Must be Overtaken
Chaplin.
Conca gone, that would give us 18 very valuable players with a fantastic best 7. But the chance of all of that happening is slim. Maybe not promising signs, but reason to hope.
Some one jumping out of the box and taking the comp by surprise wouldn't hurt either.

No mention of the biggest issue...? Maric and his (non-existant) cohorts.

Midsy said:
No mention of the biggest issue...? Maric and his (non-existant) cohorts.

Yeah, its a massive issue, but I don't see an answer other than making do with what we have and making the most of it.

evo said:
also too many spaces

I have old man eyes, I find uninterrupted line after line sentence after sentence really hard to read. If I do I assume many of the other ole farts here do as well. I know you usually need to keep a post to a couple of lines for it to be read by the majority. But sometimes when you have something to say, you just gotta post a essay. So my theory is at least some of my little short statements will get read. Hwnce, Short point. Lots of space, sentence lots of space. You gotta have a theory anyway. Thats mine. Se how this solid block just dosn't make you want to read any of it. Well apart from the fact I wrote it being the most obvious reason not to read it. Well anyway EVO, hopefully this solid block meets your stylistic requirements. However Im guessing that you didn't make it this far into this pointless solid block of world wasting that Im writing to try make a point. A point that know one will bother to read cause a)Its from me. B) its is a solid slab of letters. Cheers.

ninjahaha said:

Need to become best 22...

C Ellis, Xanadu.

The improvement has got to come from this group. Otherwise we don't improve at all.

Agree!

Menadue, Lennon , CEllis, if Rioli can crack if for some games, and any number of others recruited by the club the last 2-3 years.

The crop of players mentioned by others plus Griff, if Hampson can keep on the park and help Maric for at least 6-12 games, Astbury can stay injury free etc!

There are big ifs there.

With players going down plus quite a number with injury concerns on them that the second tier players will have to improve another at least 5-10 % for the Tigers to even stay in the 8 and be competitive otherwise it's going to be a difficult and somewhat trying year.

We can't too many others going down as our depth will be tested.

We may see a few really stake a claim for a spot,heck we may even unearth someone!

We might even go backwards to forwards!!!!

Barring injuries, the most important improvement needs to come from Griff & Vickery - both in their roles as 2nd KF and support ruck. If both were to realise some of their talent and make significant improvement in their contributions we will get Top 4 IMO.

Ghost of Punt Road said:
Well in good news there is almost zero hype about Richmond. Might take a little pressure off.
Spot on Ghost. Been thinking that for a few weeks. Very little in the media. I'm happy with that.

Then we smash Carlton, and they'll start to take a proper look at us.

sometimes you have to scratch your head at the negative media bullcrap. we have 2-3 injury concerns and its like the world is about to end... while the haters are already we are saying we're stuffed. its only round 1 this week FFS.