Can't see any promising signs | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Can't see any promising signs

For goodness sake people.

Its Nab 3, we started well but once Edwards was injured dont you think the other players went into their shells not wanting the same to happen to them?

Hardwicks whole gameplan went completely out the window and it was just a matter of making sure no other key players got injured, full stop.

Richmond cannot play good footy at Etihad plain and simple, that place is our kryptonite.

Tonight will all be forgotten when we are 6 and 2 in round 8!

GEDS1 said:
Vlastuin was outstanding, Houli was good along with Townsend and grimes.

Wish I could agree, but Grimes is a battler and was repeatedly found out tonight, again.
No left foot. So turns back into trouble.
And has not the skill or reaction time to extricate - rather he passes on the pressure to team mates under the pump.
Was a fan early in his career but has not gone on with it.
Townsend's endevour is admirable but once again a battler.
Moore is an introverted battler like his Eastern Ranges mate
Brandon Ellis has lost his way.
Kamdyn is having second year blues in his fourth year.
The contrast between our blue collar non target hitting battlers miskicked static sideways chips and Ports skilled and direct quick ball movement was profound. And incredibly sh!thouse to watch.
With three more years to come.
And people wonder why Hardwick has his critics?!

tigerjoe said:

Its Nab 3, we started well but once Edwards was injured dont you think the other players went into their shells not wanting the same to happen to them?

Hardwicks whole gameplan went completely out the window and it was just a matter of making sure no other key players got injured, full stop.

Richmond cannot play good footy at Etihad plain and simple, that place is our kryptonite.

Tonight will all be forgotten when we are 6 and 2 in round 8!

With all due respect Joe some of those excuses are the worst i have ever read on PRE.

tigerjoe said:

If we are only able to play good footy on selected grounds then we will never win another premiership,

Everyone is overreacting, its the NAB Challenge, no one cares about it!

We will be just fine, get a confidence booster against the blues then go on to smash the pies in round 2.

I also think that the players went into their shells after titch and grigg both went off injured.

Everyone.... Calm down.

Really horrible preparation.

Why does a rookie like Chol get three FULL games when he clearly is years off it.

What's the deal with Chaplin or brainfarts like Conca back.

Not one tall forward bar Jack has stood up and Beanie has missed ALL 3 prep games.

I actually missed Batch today.

Lots of potential ins (Corey Ellis, Miles, Yarran, Castagna, Marcon, Lloyd, Maric, Beanie and even Chaplin, Batch and Griff and two weeks to heal and recover but pre season appears a waste from both a footy skills and game plan perspective.

And its unlikely Handbrake will change his spots any time soon in regard to either personnel or game plan.

Disco said:
My biggest concern about tonight (mentioned by someone else as well), is we are so unsettled going into Rd1.
Chaplain didn't play and has been up forward after being part of the 4th best defence last year.
Griffiths concussion and doesn't get up again for tonight - does he play Rd1.
Chol plays all 3 NAB games but McBean can't get a run.
Vickery concussion.
Deledio 1/2 a game.
Lloyd - only 1 preseason match but Rioli gets all 3.
Astbury injury - seems they want to play him. Elton doesn't get a run.
Could go on.
There are so many questions. Hope the club know the answers.

Very good points.

How does a rookie get 3 games ahead of the vfl's leading goal kicker.

Tonight would have been perect to trial the big 3 up fwd either McBean Or Griffiths with Jack & Ty

Lloyd finished off last year really well & was unlucky to miss the final. Yes give Rioli a run but Lloyd has to play rd 1 before Rioli.

& agreed on Chaplin.

My concern is this. Who is going to kick goals for us??

Edwards is out, Griffiths is a bit iffy, Deledio is great up forward, but spends some time midfield, Jack can't do it all on his own.

Please don't suggest the star jumper for the forward line, or backline either for that matter.

Rioli is a long way off yet, Castagna is still learning, as is Lennon and Menadue.

So who is going to consistently kick scores for us??

Somewhere I read that we were about the lowest scorers last year, so what is going to be different this year?

We just don't have the likes of LeCras, Ballantyne, Robbie Gray, Wingard, Ablett, Gunston types to score for us.

B1 and B2 said:
Hard and tough first quarter then signs came in second quarter, hey guys need to back off to avoid injuries.

Were the Port players injured too?

graystar1 said:
We just don't have the likes of LeCras, Ballantyne, Robbie Gray, Wingard, Ablett, Gunston types to score for us.

I think we need to throw Yarran up there at times now with Edwards out.

I'm also concerned about our midfield depth

rosy23 said:
Were the Port players injured too?

They may cop a battering from the tribunal. Hartlett will be looked at for a couple of incidents and I hope there is vision of Dixon kneeing Rance to the head. Coincidentally (or not), Hardwick asked for the match to be stopped just afterward.

Jacob2311 said:
Everyone is overreacting, its the NAB Challenge, no one cares about it!

We will be just fine, get a confidence booster against the blues then go on to smash the pies in round 2.

I also think that the players went into their shells after titch and grigg both went off injured.

Everyone.... Calm down.
port exposed our mental and physical softness for all the footy world to see , I'm VERY AFRAID

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
They may cop a battering from the tribunal. Hartlett will be looked at for a couple of incidents and I hope there is vision of Dixon kneeing Rance to the head. Coincidentally (or not), Hardwick asked for the match to be stopped just afterward.

I find that such strange cal I thought I might have dreamt it rather than heard it on early morning radio. No surprise they didn't oblige.

i said on another thread that Port came to damage us physically, it was very evident. cheap shots all over. even Townsends hit - there is elbow in there. It's a practice match. It was all glowing after the Hawks, now its quicksand. Lighten up.

Yep pretty funny, top 4 list all summer and now were awful.... hahaha.... O no, when will they blame Dimma for the injuries, possibly already happened as he is obviously at fault somehow...hahaha

Its a praccy match for FS... Im only concerned really about Titch..
Some people really have multi personalities, grow up!

Yeah unbelievable reaction to last night.... That was one of the lamest efforts to look like the club cared about the game you will ever see.... Cameos off the bench from Cotchin, Martin and Deledio. Played Moore and Townsend almost all night in the middle. Played Chol and Hampson as fwds..... Had nothing to kick to apart from Jack.... Like others have said the only thing about last night u could take away was the Edwards injury.

Beat the reigning premiers one week, lose to a fired up Port with four players getting injuries mid game and it's sack Hardwick's time already. Much less concerned about result and game plan than injuries to key players for the start of the season proper.

No doubt it's hard to find positives , however liked a few moves Menadue and Rioli did, Chol again showed glimpses, (hopefully not still saying that in 5 years) an Townsend may be able to fill a hole