Can't see any promising signs | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Can't see any promising signs

SCOOP said:
I don’t have one but Mr Griffiths clearly does.

Only way to explain how he walks back into the side every time. :rofl

You clearly think it fitting to slag players for copping an injury. Griff did not 'walk back into the side' for NAB 3 due to suffering concussion, so what are you talking about?
You don't know if he'll be picked Rd. 1? In the mix perhaps. If he does get a decent run at it, then we'll see where he's at.

I want McBean to get a real trial at AFL level too, but whom knows the mind of Dimma?

Another NAB season comes to an end, the 4th in a row that we are crap and won't play finals. Coach can't coach, club can't club!

Hopefully you guys will at last be right and finally get to crow you where right all along!

In the meantime, I look fwd to going to watch the footy. I like watching games of footy.

Looking fwd to the results determining if the coach, the players and the club are capable of taking another step.

holding back till the real stuff starts. We just wont know till the best 22 (available for selection) are out there and leaving nothing in the tank. Comp will be as tight as ever. lets just wait and see. When our kids play well during the pre season its all about how our depth has improved, when we loose we reply too much on too few.... lets wait (UNDER 2 weeks now) and we can see if we have moved the dial in a positive way....

Lets take care of the blues first and go from there.

SCOOP said:
McBean should be ahead of both.

Old mate Griffiths continuing to get a golden ticket. Has done zero in the preseason off the back of a shocking final off the back off another injury prone low touch year.

How do you figure that? The great McBean can't even get a game in the muck around stuff.
I'd say that puts him well back in the pack for a spot.

Year after year it's the same where fans and pundits alike draw conclusions from practice matches yet history proves that drawing any conclusions from them is basically a waste of time.

Sintiger said:
Year after year it's the same where fans and pundits alike draw conclusions from practice matches yet history proves that drawing any conclusions from them is basically a waste of time.
Indeed

Sintiger said:
Spot on!

Once the ball is bounced in round 1 no one remembers or cares what happened through the pre-season competition....

NAB doesn't mean much but we will go into Round 1 with fresh memories of the coach imploring his players to come off the field.

nafe brown said:
Once the ball is bounced in round 1 no one remembers or cares what happened through the pre-season competition....

I reckon they would if Carlton flog us. Thank goodness that won't happen. :help

rosy23 said:
I reckon they would if Carlton flog us. Thank goodness that won't happen. :help

Hopefully we'll be fine Rosy.

I like to think we were holding our cards close to our chest against Port.

Carter said:
NAB doesn't mean much but we will go into Round 1 with fresh memories of the coach imploring his players to come off the field.

When b Scott hides 10 players in round 23, he's hailed as a genius. When Hardwick hides several of his guns in a Mickey Mouse practice match he' s goose

lukeanddad said:
When b Scott hides 10 players in round 23, he's hailed as a genius. When Hardwick hides several of his guns in a Mickey Mouse practice match he' s goose

He didn't seem in full control, L&D. Just my opinion of course.

lukeanddad said:

Not sure the AFL hailed him a genius, nor Ross Lyon when he did it.

jb03 said:
Not sure the AFL hailed him a genius, nor Ross Lyon when he did it.
The AFL didn't, but plenty here have.
On topic more I think there were a few promising signs in the overall competition. Didn't see much from most of our guns, with Jack and Rance being the exceptions there, but some of the youngsters: Rioli and Menadue showed definite signs that they're going to be decent players, Townsend looks ready to do what he was recruited for. It's little stuff like that that the NAB games are all about and it's why they count for so little during the season proper.

Carter said:

The emotional trauma is too hard to bear - we'll never get over it.

MalenyTiger said:
When you look at who played last night and the injuries we sustained, perspective in the clear light of day reveals we just move on from this as a bad night where not much went right. Broad, Chol, Rioli, Moore and Townsend - all first year players to the club; Hampson, who hasn't played with the side for months (maybe that's why his awareness of what was going on around him was poor and he spoiled our players so often?) Surely the more he plays with the team the more he learns the structures and understands where his team mates will be? Astbury is in the same boat as Hampson; I suspect Townsend will be the only of these players who plays in round 1.
Menadue is in his 2nd year and only played a handful of games; A way-underdone TV; Lids only 1/2 a game;
We lost Edwards in the 1st quarter, Grigg and Conca in the second, Townsend in the final...
I think we can pick up the pieces and move on from this game pretty quickly.
Absolutely correct. This wasn't nearly our best side and we had players getting injured, which hampered plans for the night. Let's give the team some weeks into the season before we write them off. The game against the pies will give us a reasonable measure as to where they're at, IMO.