Can't see any promising signs | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Can't see any promising signs

Razorgang2 said:
Zips I think you may be wrong about Astbury, thought he played a reasonable game.

In today's game it's about disposal. I lost count how many times either by hand or by foot he gave it straight back.
We need hooker or Hurley

Problem is the coach and his *smile* game plan. Nothing has improved in this regard over this pre season.

I really hope they can clean up the following items on display tonight:

- Poor skills (kicking to 2 on 1 contests, missed 10m passes, missed easy set shots for goal)
- Hampson attempting to mark a ball looks like a new born giraffe trying to walk
- Transition from defensive fifty to forward 50 too slow too much of the time
- conca in defence is not going to work

Don't want to go to early and cry that the sky is already falling, but would have loved to see a little more polish, apart from the new kids. I think menadue and rioli will be players but will they come on as quickly as we need them to, which is very soon. The worry is, will the talented kids become meaningful contributors before the top end guys are done?

Harry said:
Problem is the coach and his sh!t game plan. Nothing has improved in this regard over this pre season.

The problem is as much the 22 on the park and the people who put the list together as it is Dimma.

Can't polish a *smile*.

Promising thing to read is Lids got through his limited game time unscathed and had 11 touches and a super goal.

We'll gring out our fair share of wins but this style will take us nowhere and is ugly to watch

I'll give a promissing sign. Townsend. At least he has a crack has a go at oppo players and lets them know physically there's no easy possession when he's around.
Show some guts and have a red hot crack. Some others can take a lead outta his book and actually give a damn.

Harry said:
We'll gring out our fair share of wins but this style will take us nowhere and is ugly to watch

It seems, Harry, that Hardwick loves playing ugly ... really starting to think that game style, particularly if it is the dominant format in which the team plays, is yesterday's footy.

My biggest concern about tonight (mentioned by someone else as well), is we are so unsettled going into Rd1.
Chaplain didn't play and has been up forward after being part of the 4th best defence last year.
Griffiths concussion and doesn't get up again for tonight - does he play Rd1.
Chol plays all 3 NAB games but McBean can't get a run.
Vickery concussion.
Deledio 1/2 a game.
Lloyd - only 1 preseason match but Rioli gets all 3.
Astbury injury - seems they want to play him. Elton doesn't get a run.
Could go on.
There are so many questions. Hope the club know the answers.

Yes Harry we might grind out a few wins but mark these two games down as losses and if you're a betting man, put the house, car, your super, wife and kiddies on it:
Rd 5 Sunday April 24 - Melbourne
Rd 11 Friday June 03 - North Melb

We've tried to fill gaps with minow league champs... and then developing our own hardly happens. Lots of same types at Tigerland.

Yeah let's peak in NAB Cups games.

It's very hard for your top players to get going in these games.

I thought it was actually a good game to prepare for season.

Hard and tough first quarter then signs came in second quarter, hey guys need to back off to avoid injuries.

We will smack Carlton. Top 4 this year. Unless we get big injuries, that's why last year they blew it, not many big name injuries.

B2

B1 and B2 said:
Yeah let's peak in NAB Cups games.

It's very hard for your top players to get going in these games.

I thought it was actually a good game to prepare for season.

Hard and tough first quarter then signs came in second quarter, hey guys need to back off to avoid injuries.

We will smack Carlton. Top 4 this year. Unless we get big injuries, that's why last year they blew it, not many big name injuries.

B2
It's not the smacking of the Carltons I'm worried about. It's the competitiveness against the teams around us.

Disco said:
My biggest concern about tonight (mentioned by someone else as well), is we are so unsettled going into Rd1.
Chaplain didn't play and has been up forward after being part of the 4th best defence last year.
Griffiths concussion and doesn't get up again for tonight - does he play Rd1.
Chol plays all 3 NAB games but McBean can't get a run.
Vickery concussion.
Deledio 1/2 a game.
Lloyd - only 1 preseason match but Rioli gets all 3.
Astbury injury - seems they want to play him. Elton doesn't get a run.
Could go on.
There are so many questions. Hope the club know the answers.

Some good points there Disco. It beggars belief that Chol played all games while McBean and others barely played

Vlastuin was outstanding, Houli was good along with Townsend and grimes.

Disco said:
It's not the smacking of the Carltons I'm worried about. It's the competitiveness against the teams around us.

Finals are not won and lost in round 3 of NAB Cup.

Hell we had 14 on the field at one stage, we were obviously taking the game seriously.

Running into the last quarter I think we were down by 18 points, but yet had the same amount of scoring opportunities. We were always going to get blown away having 1 on the bench.

jb03 said:
Some good points there Disco. It beggars belief that Chol played all games while McBean and others barely played

McBean isn't the answer either. 200cm 26kgs
I've seen bigger street posts
What's with the McBean love affair?