Campbell Brown-Daniel Jackson clash threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Campbell Brown-Daniel Jackson clash threads [Merged]

Re: Brown hit on Jackson

I just didnt think he hit his head. He went in low and hard across the chest and I guess thats what the panel has thought as well. If it was obvious he would definately be in trouble

wigglyworm said:
I just didnt think he hit his head. He went in low and hard across the chest and I guess thats what the panel has thought as well. If it was obvious he would definately be in trouble

not to say your wrong, but it is very noticeable jacksons hand goes straight for his head as he goes to ground. imo he didnt go in low, his shoulder was around jackos head, just luck if he missed.

evo said:
It just dripped of condescension, didn't it.

As if we spectators aren't aware how much the tiges are struggling enough, Dwayne has to rub it in constantly and even look for negatives that aren't there.

Yeah Russel has been an annoying constant this year with the amount of Richmond games on Foxtel - he's a rubbish commentator even without the anti-Tiger bias [see his regular "goal/mark of the year" outbursts]. Such a shame Clinton Grybas passed away.

The way the play-by-play callers condescend towards certain players/teams has been noticeablely on the rise in the past few years I reckon. There was a time when the critical analysis was the domain of the "special comments" guys and the play by play men just called the action - which is the way it should be. At least Matthews or Blight have earned the right to be judgmental - it is pretty grating to hear Dwayne or Quartermain moan, groan and tsk given their own stellar playing backgrounds.

Brown let off- jackson 2 weeks.....

What a joke, need i say more

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/94479/default.aspx

Re: Brown let off- jackson 2 weeks.....

That is a farce - Jackson merely leaned into him to make contact. No chance of ever actually hurting him. Compared to Brown's attack on him where there has real chance of injury & he gets off.

Brodders17 said:
he was very lucky. jackson over the ball, brown lined him up and ran thru him. if he didnt make head high contact that was luck rather than design.

Get off the grass. It all happened in split second. Brown never lined him up. Was totally instinctive.

Brodders17 said:
i reckon a lot of people would be ok with that hit, if other very similar ones werent sighted, and if brown wasnt such the squealing type.

Brown doesn't squeal. They asked him about Jackson head butting him and he said "What head butt?"

You mean Lloyd? He was p!ssed off that Lloyd (his old enemy) had busted a teammate's eye socket and was retiring.
He was taunting Lloyd when he called him a sniper. Hardly sqealing. Lovett-Murray smashed Brown in that fight, but Brown never squeled.

Fair enough, if people don't like Brown and wanna call him names, but it makes me laugh when they make sh!t up about him.
They called him gutless in today's paper. What a joke. If only all the Hawks were as psycho as Brown.

Well played yesterday, by the way. Hopefully, there's a win around the corner for the Tiges

Match Review Panel Round 8

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/94481/default.aspx

The AFL wishes to advise the Match Review Panel has reviewed matches played from the weekend. The following charges were laid:

Charges Laid
Hayden Ballantyne, Fremantle, has been charged with a first offence for misconduct in that he pulled the hair of Harry O’Brien, Collingwood, during the first quarter of the Round Eight match between Fremantle and Collingwood, played at Subiaco on Friday May 14, 2010.

In summary, he can accept a $900 sanction with an early plea.

A first offence for misconduct is a $1200 sanction. An early plea reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to a $900 sanction.

Sam Mitchell, Hawthorn, has been charged with a first offence for misconduct in that he pulled the hair of Ben Nason, Richmond, during the fourth quarter of the Round Eight match between Hawthorn and Richmond, played at the MCG on Sunday May 16, 2010.

A first offence for misconduct is a $1200 sanction. An early plea reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to a $900 sanction.

Daniel Jackson, Richmond, has been charged with a Level Three misconduct offence in that he headbutted Campbell Brown, Hawthorn, during the fourth quarter of the Round Eight match between Richmond and Hawthorn, played at the MCG on Sunday May 16, 2010.

In summary, his previous poor record means that his two-game sanction must remain at two games, even with an early plea.

The incident was assessed as intentional conduct (three points), low impact (one point) and high contact (two points). This is a total of six activation points, resulting in a classification of a Level Three offence, drawing 250 demerit points and a two-match sanction. He has 80 points carried over from within the last 12 months, increasing the penalty to 330 demerit points and a three-match sanction. An early plea reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to 247.50 points and a two-match sanction.

Matthew Warnock, Melbourne, has been charged with a first offence for making negligent contact with an umpire, Stuart Wenn, during the third quarter of the Round Eight match between Melbourne and West Coast, played at the MCG on Saturday May 15, 2010.

A first offence for making negligent contact with an umpire is a $1200 sanction. An early plea reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to a $900 sanction.

Jarrad Waite, Carlton, has been charged with a Level Three engaging in rough conduct offence against Jason Davenport, Port Adelaide, during the third quarter of the Round Eight match between Carlton and Port Adelaide, played at AAMI Stadium on Sunday May 16, 2010.

In summary, he can accept a two-match sanction with an early plea.

The incident was assessed as reckless conduct (two points), medium impact (two points) and high contact (two points). This is a total of six activation points, resulting in a classification of a Level Three offence, drawing 325 demerit points and a three-match sanction. He has one match suspended within the last three years, increasing the penalty by 10 per cent to 357.50 points and a three-match sanction. An early plea reduces the sanction by 25 per cent to 268.13 points and a two-match sanction.

Other incidents assessed
The match day report laid against Essendon’s David Hille for engaging in rough conduct against St Kilda’s Brendon Goddard from the first quarter of Sunday’s match was assessed. The panel said that Goddard kicked the football and contact was made by Hille in a bump. From the footage available, contact was not made to the head or neck region and the force used was not deemed to be unreasonable or excessive. Goddard was not attended by club medical staff and a medical report stated that no treatment was required. No further action was taken.

The match day report laid against St Kilda’s Steven Baker for wrestling Essendon’s Leroy Jetta during the first quarter of Sunday’s match was assessed. The contact was not vigorous or forceful and both players ceased contact when asked to by the umpire. No further action was taken.

Contact between West Coast’s Dean Cox and Melbourne’s Aaron Davey from the second quarter of Saturday’s match was assessed. The panel said that Cox was attempting to contest the football and put out his left arm in order to prevent Jamie Bennell from moving past him. His arm contacted Davey but the action was not seen as a striking motion. No further action was taken.

Contact between Hawthorn’s Campbell Brown and Richmond’s Daniel Jackson from the fourth quarter of Sunday’s match was assessed. The panel said that Brown and Jackson were running at the ball. At the last moment, Brown bumped Jackson in the shoulder region. Vision from a side angle shows contact was made to the shoulder and there was no contact made to the head or neck. The bump was not considered unreasonable in the circumstances. No further action was taken.

Contact between St Kilda’s Zac Dawson and Essendon’s Brent Stanton from the fourth quarter of Sunday’s match was assessed. The panel said that Dawson jumped in the air in an attempt to spoil a marking attempt by the Essendon player. He stopped his motion to spoil when Stanton had taken the mark and his elbow made contact with Stanton in his follow-through. The action was not deemed to be a striking action and no further action was taken.
Exclusive to AFL BigPond Network

He should take it to the tribunal. Find a friendly doctor to say Jackson was disorientated, concussed and struggling to keep his balance due to the shoulder to the head he sustained just moments before.

No good he was found guilty, was quite stupid what he did although very soft. The AFL proves once again how farcical and hypocrytical it is.

It does however open the door for Cuz

Baloo said:
He should take it to the tribunal. Find a friendly doctor to say Jackson was disorientated, concussed and struggling to keep his balance due to the shoulder to the head he sustained just moments before.

Dale Weightman king hit a tagger, knocked 'em out cold, then got off at the tribunal when he told 'em about his diabetes and said his blood sugar levels musta been down. :hihi

He is gutless. It's in the paper. In must be true.

did you attend or watch the game golden brown?
Campbell is constantly pointing to his head squealing that he had been contacted.

I don't mind that Brown got off, its just the consistency that irks me. Martin must be feeling unlucky.

Golden Brown said:
Dale Weightman king hit a tagger, knocked 'em out cold, then got off at the tribunal when he told 'em about his diabetes and said his blood sugar levels musta been down. :hihi

Ahh gotta love the era. Lots of great memories when it comes to Weightman. Had the nbr 3 on me duffle coat.

bowden4president said:
Did you miss the fact that Brown ran straight over to the umpire and complained after that indecent ??

Oh, you mean the bit where Brown was heading back to his defensive 50 and the umpire ran up to HIM and got in HIS face...

The umpire was telling him to settle and Brown said "What about my free kick, you blind, white maggot!"

Golden Brown said:
Oh, you mean the bit where Brown was heading back to his defensive 50 and the umpire ran up to HIM and got in HIS face...

The umpire was telling him to settle and Brown said "What about my free kick, you blind, white maggot!"

Well that proves it, fantasy land is where most Hawks supporters live these days.