Campbell Brown-Daniel Jackson clash threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Campbell Brown-Daniel Jackson clash threads [Merged]

Re: Brown let off- jackson 2 weeks.....

Appeal it and draw particular attention to the hit Brown laid on Jackson. Tell them that left Jackson with concussion and he therefore cannot be held responsible for his actions immediately following the incident.

CarnTheTiges said:
Appeal it and draw particular attention to the hit Brown laid on Jackson. Tell them that left Jackson with concussion and he therefore cannot be held responsible for his actions immediately following the incident.

I said that on the day, however according to the MRP, Brown made no contact to Jacko's head. So how did he end up concussed? (Which I do believe he WAS!) My conspiracy theory is they let Brown off so Dan didn't have that defence :p :p

Re: Brown hit on Jackson

Golden Brown said:
Get off the grass. It all happened in split second. Brown never lined him up. Was totally instinctive.

Brown doesn't squeal. They asked him about Jackson head butting him and he said "What head butt?"

You mean Lloyd? He was p!ssed off that Lloyd (his old enemy) had busted a teammate's eye socket and was retiring.
He was taunting Lloyd when he called him a sniper. Hardly sqealing. Lovett-Murray smashed Brown in that fight, but Brown never squeled.

Fair enough, if people don't like Brown and wanna call him names, but it makes me laugh when they make sh!t up about him.
They called him gutless in today's paper. What a joke. If only all the Hawks were as psycho as Brown.

Well played yesterday, by the way. Hopefully, there's a win around the corner for the Tiges

If Brown didn't hit him in the head I have now issue with the hit.

However go and have a look at the footage of the headbutt. After Jackson made contract Brown turned to the ump and pointed straight at his head!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD5XBNAjdO8

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/sport/headbutt-leaves-brennan-better-carr-worse-20090901-f6v2.html

Brennan cops a 1 match ban for splitting open Carr's head in 2009 and Jackson brushes Brown and gets how many ?! :mad: ::)

Golden Brown said:
Get off the grass. It all happened in split second. Brown never lined him up. Was totally instinctive.

Brown doesn't squeal. They asked him about Jackson head butting him and he said "What head butt?"

You mean Lloyd? He was p!ssed off that Lloyd (his old enemy) had busted a teammate's eye socket and was retiring.
He was taunting Lloyd when he called him a sniper. Hardly sqealing. Lovett-Murray smashed Brown in that fight, but Brown never squeled.

brown turned his body and hip and shouldered jackson who was over the ball. instinctual or not the afl have said you cant do that. as i said it is a little inconclusive if he hit him in the head. he is lucky he didnt.
he squealed very quick when jacko 'headbutted' him. jackson should have made it worth the effort and broken browns nose.

Re: Match Review Panel Round 8

This is crap. Richmond need to take a stand and tell the AFL to *smile* off if they are not going to protect our players then we will by not turning up to play this week.

Or better still play Jackson and tell them to *smile* off what are they going to do take points off us?

Got to appeal the charge, it was merely a headbutt... it was a small graze, how can Waite's incident be as bad as jacksons?

Tigerdog said:
No further action was taken on Hille's match day report for engaging in rough conduct against St Kilda's Brendon Goddard, while Brown's forceful bump on Richmond midfielder Daniel Jackson late in the fourth quarter of Hawthorn's three-point win over the Tigers was "not considered unreasonable" by the panel.

So it was considered 'reasonable'?

What's with the explosion in double negatives? Eg. Don't disagree... Um... so you agree? Not unexpected... Um... so it was expected?
Just tell it like it is!
not a bad post.

Golden Brown said:
Yeah, like I thought. No charge laid against Brown by the MRP.

Good, hard football - a good, tough contest.

Some of you softies should watch netball if you don't like football.

*smile* off idiot it has nothing to do with tough football but the rules that the game is supposed to be played by. Jackson was playing the ball and Brown the pathetic cowardly arse burglar was not. Nothing tough about attacking the head of a player intent on playing the ball when you know that he will be to out of it to retaliate.

jb03 said:
Last week I thought Mumford incredibly unlucky, now in light of the findings this round I think Mumford was more unlucky than incredibly unlucky (whatever the phrase is for that - where's Dyer 'ere when you need him).
It was SOG that he hit.

btoz_01 said:
:help How the hell did David Hille get off after his late hit on Goddard?

unfathomable....just saw it on the news.....the MRP have lost the plot totally....

Barkdog said:
unfathomable....just saw it on the news.....the MRP have lost the plot totally....
He's got form and he jumped into Goddard. Absolutely mystifying.

Surely we'll appeal this. Campbell would be the best person to know if he was headbutted or not. ;)

Brown also denied he had been headbutted by Jackson as he left the field after the clash, which drew no response from umpire Damien Sully but is certain to be one of several incidents from Hawthorn's three-point win that is assessed by the AFL's match review panel today.

Jackson was trying to pick up the ball at half-forward, when he was hit head-on by Brown. The Tiger grabbed his head as he lay on the turf before remonstrating with Brown as he left the field. Brown appeared to draw the attention of an official to Jackson's contact with him, but the Hawk downplayed that exchange last night.

''No, I don't think I was headbutted,'' Brown said in the change rooms after his 150th game. ''It was a bit of by-play. He gave away a free kick, I was kind of baiting him a little bit for staying down a little bit too long, and it was just a bit of fun, it happens in footy, it was good. He played very well today.''
Link

Certainly hope we defend this. Let's see ...

* Hille poleaxes a player after he kicks ... no case to answer.
* Mitchell & Ballantyne blatantly pull hair ... petty fine.
* Brown runs through a stationary player who needs to leave the field with a head injury ... no case to answer.
* Brown chases the player picking a fight and when the player gets back in his face, dobs to the umpire and then afterwards tries to take it back ... Jackson 3 weeks.
To me, on that evidence, shouldn't Brown be cited for faking??

Quite sick of Campbell Brown's false bravado. The new king of cleaning up indefensible players who can't see him coming. Tried it on Riewoldt as well when it was clear JR would get to the ball first. When was the last time he put himself in a spot to take such a hit. The new Matthew Lloyd if you ask me.

Thought it hilarious that he tried to carry on his aggression at an AFL giant like Matty White after the Jackson incident, only to have Whitey walk past him like a witch's hat a minute later for a huge goal. Would have been great to win - and direct some choice blame at this psuedo hard man.

Watchout for David Hille in our game against the Bummers.
He ironed out the Dawks Clinton Young after he took a mark in the 2nd q and got off.
Now Hille has taken out Goddard and got off.
Just keep an eye out for Hille in our game on Saturday evening Im sure he will be out to iron out someone as he has already gotten off twice.
MRP is a :police: joke :frustration :frustration

I hope the club takes it up to the tribunal and challenges Jackos suspension.

Jacko was in the hands of our Doc and Physio, running off the ground after being flattened by that female dog. There was a big uproar when nick reiwoldt coped some attention while in the hands of trainers.
To me this is much worse as the player is being taken from the field after a HEAD COLLISION (dont kid urself, there was contact to the head. You tell me how u can hit some1 in the shoulder front on, BULLCRAP).

Richmond STAND UP! Gets some nuts and back Jacko in. Who gives a stuff if he misses 10 games, our season is over and just gives some1 else a chance to stand up.

The AFL MRP is a joke