Campbell Brown-Daniel Jackson clash threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Campbell Brown-Daniel Jackson clash threads [Merged]

Re: Brown hit on Jackson

At the time, I thought Brown's hit was a free and worth weeks.
But later, having watched the replay I'm not 100% sure he hit the head. I think he'll get off but Jacko may get a caution or fine over his minor head bump.

But the worst umpire mistake was not paying a 50 metre penalty to Tuck when he marked 60 metres out late in the last qtr. The Dawks player clearly ran throug the mark.

Webberley's hit I didn't see.

For those who :

A) doin't think Jacko got hit in the head and,
B) dont think Brown lined him up look at the vision 51+ sec in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_Wru7kJxZY

This is no different to Lloyds hit last year only brown doesn't hit as hard ( the girl)

I must admit the tackle on Polly 5 mins into the last was just about a game saver, still hate the Pr!#% though

BIGNIGE said:
For those who :

This is no different to Lloyds hit last year only brown doesn't hit as hard ( the girl)

Nah, I don't think so, unfortunately (I'd like some revenge on Brown, but don't think it's going to happen). Jackson's head is up and to the left when Brown hits him to the chest. And the fact Jacko gets straight up and remonstrates suggests it wasn't as bad as it looked (although it might just be that he's too resilient).

nikdante12 said:
Nah, I don't think so, unfortunately (I'd like some revenge on Brown, but don't think it's going to happen). Jackson's head is up and to the left when Brown hits him to the chest. And the fact Jacko gets straight up and remonstrates suggests it wasn't as bad as it looked (although it might just be that he's too resilient).

Sorry champ the tip of the shoulder catches DJ on the temple sure as s#!t.

He'll get his ....... probably when he goes to GC and has no back up apart from a pack of 18 yo kids . He'll have to be tough then.

BIGNIGE said:
For those who :

I must admit the tackle on Polly 5 mins into the last was just about a game saver, still hate the Pr!#% though

Yet it'll be Jacko who gets suspended and Brown will get off scott free

BIGNIGE said:
Sorry champ the tip of the shoulder catches DJ on the temple sure as s#!t.

He'll get his ....... probably when he goes to GC and has no back up apart from a pack of 18 yo kids . He'll have to be tough then.

Well, I'll be happy if you're right. But in the clip posted I don't know how you can be sure it hits him in the head. I haven't seen anything beyond this so maybe there's different camera angles that are more definitive. There's a possibility it hits, but he also gets his head out of the way pretty quick.

Guess we'll see at the tribunal. But knowing our luck Brown won't get cited yet Jackson will.

Tigerdog said:
Certain acts taint careers... Mitchell will always be remembered as a hair puller from this day forth. You reap what you sow.

I know what you mean. It was so much more memorable that leading a team to a flag.

Stupid comment...

TOT70 said:
I don't really care if Brown and Gilham are reported, suspended or whatever.

That's two free kicks for head high tackles that were within 30 m of goal and weren't paid. Umpires should pay free kicks when they are there. They give enough tiggy-touchwood, dodgy ones in the midfield in the interests of keeping the play flowing, they should actually try to play the real ones in the interests of umpiring fairly and correctly.

I don't care if it means they pay 150 frees a game, they should always pay the ones that are there.

When the umpire calls play on and the player is later reported on video evidence it just rubs salt into the wound.

I agree.

When the rules are interpreted for spectacle over fairness, its very frustrating.

Spanish Prisoner said:
I know what you mean. It was so much more memorable that leading a team to a flag.

Stupid comment...

Careful SP. The Hawks being useless this year is starting to have an impact on your posts. There is no denying you're hurting a bit with the massive fall from grace the Hawks are suffering.

I couldn't believe that it wasn't at least a free kick, especially after some of the other ones that were as soft as butter.
Combine this decision with the Franklin 50 and the reserval of Polak's mark at the start of the 3rd and we could have easily won the game.
I thought we were pretty hardly done by for free kicks yesterday.

Lot of people looking at this wrong IMO. Firstly - I agree with the few comments that say no "CLEAR" contact to DJ's head - and he gets up pretty much straight away. AND don't forget DJ's a ranger - so his head is open slather! :rofl :cutelaugh ;D

Now what should have happened was when the White man left Browny stranded in the centre square to waltz in a kick a ripper our blokes should have been all over Brown - THAT is flying the flag. Can you imagine what Brown, Hodge, Mitchell, Sewell etc would have done had the roles been reversed.

Saw another improvement yesterday and am happy with the way things are going. To those that have continually stated thet RFC will be sh1te for 5 - 10 years - go away and don't come back!

timYCW#7 said:
Yeh didn't like that. Ballantyne did it to Harry O on Friday night, wouldn't have thought Mitchell to be on the same level as Ballantyne, obviously thought wrong.

ballentyne.... Boy he has a coathanger coming his way

I thought the bump was a free, it was too high that's as simple as that. But I don't mind seeing that every now and then. What's with Campbell brown and mouthing off to players when they are running off?

Hawthorn players are known for giving cheapies all the time. What they where doing didn't suprise me. The good thing was that it never detered us and we kept on coming back. Mitchell will be close to retirement by the time Nason has put on 10kgs, what goes around comes around.

cankster said:
Lot of people looking at this wrong IMO. Firstly - I agree with the few comments that say no "CLEAR" contact to DJ's head - and he gets up pretty much straight away. AND don't forget DJ's a ranger - so his head is open slather! :rofl :cutelaugh ;D
Disagree. Jacko took a little while to find his feet, and was a bit wobbly as he ran across the line.

cankster said:
Now what should have happened was when the White man left Browny stranded in the centre square to waltz in a kick a ripper our blokes should have been all over Brown - THAT is flying the flag. Can you imagine what Brown, Hodge, Mitchell, Sewell etc would have done had the roles been reversed.
kinda disagree again. in some ways i was hoping they would all go and give brown a pat on the head. but on the other hand, i think everyone in the ground knew brown had just been made to look a fool, i think brown knew he looked a fool, im glad we stayed focussed and everyone went to white instead. going at brown is the kinda thing plastic tough guys like brown do.

BIGNIGE said:
For those who :

How could you say that vision is conclusive proof that Brown lined him up and hit him in the head? Geez we have some one-eyed supporters. Brown is bloody tough as much as you may not like him and constantly punches out of his weight. I wish we had a few like him. No different to Llyods hit?? what are you smoking.

Ridley said:
Just watched the replay of the bump. No doubt he hit him in the head. To the letter of the law it was a free kick and it is a reportable offence.

Those flogs Russell and Frawley were wrapping Brown like he was Leigh *smile*ing Matthews. Yeah, real tough to hit a bloke who's got his head over the ball in the head ::)
Dwayne Russell is absolutely shocking, isn't he. I never thought anyone would annoy me more than Walls but this guy takes the cake.

I can forgive Frawley; he 's just dumb. Russell is an absolutely spiteful prick.

evo said:
Dwayne Russell is absolutely shocking, isn't he. I never thought anyone would annoy me more than Walls but this guy takes the cake.

I can forgive Frawley; he 's just dumb. Russell is an absolutely spiteful prick.

The commentary is interesting also when White runs around Brown and goals. They never use Brown's name for that passage of play or when it is replayed.

The general treatment of Reiwoldt by the commentators was also appalling I thought.

jb03 said:
The commentary is interesting also when White runs around Brown and goals. They never use Brown's name for that passage of play or when it is replayed.

The general treatment of Reiwoldt by the commentators was also appalling I thought.
It just dripped of condescension, didn't it.

As if we spectators aren't aware how much the tiges are struggling enough, Dwayne has to rub it in constantly and even look for negatives that aren't there.

BIGNIGE said:
For those who :

That's the first time I've seen it.

The angle makes it difficult to see depth and thus where the ball is in relation to the two players. What's clear is that Jackson is down low and about to pick up the ball on the half-volley. Brown makes no attempt to get the ball - he doesn't get down low enough and turned his body to make impact with his shoulder. Can't tell if if got his head or not.

Defiantly a free kick, and depending on the mood of the tribunal is either nothing or a few weeks!

Edit: actually if you pause that vision at 5 secs it looks like Jackson is being lined up.

Yeah, like I thought. No charge laid against Brown by the MRP.

Good, hard football - a good, tough contest.

Some of you softies should watch netball if you don't like football.

Golden Brown said:
Yeah, like I thought. No charge laid against Brown by the MRP.

Good, hard football - a good, tough contest.

Some of you softies should watch netball if you don't like football.
he was very lucky. jackson over the ball, brown lined him up and ran thru him. if he didnt make head high contact that was luck rather than design.

i reckon a lot of people would be ok with that hit, if other very similar ones werent sighted, and if brown wasnt such the squealing type.