Campbell Brown-Daniel Jackson clash threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Campbell Brown-Daniel Jackson clash threads [Merged]

Re: Brown hit on Jackson

The bit I really liked about that whole incident happended about 30 seconds later. Brown continued to constantly gob off to White - very next play, White gets it, balks around a stationary Brown and slams it through from fitty. Not a big Whitey fan but that had me outta my seat. Absolutely stuck it up 'im.

Is cambell brown the most overrated player in the afl? That effort in the third where Jack took a contested mark on him was pathetic

evo said:
The bit I really liked about that whole incident happended about 30 seconds later. Brown continued to constantly gob off to White - very next play, White gets it, balks around a stationary Brown and slams it through from fitty. Not a big Whitey fan but that had me outta my seat. Absolutely stuck it up 'im.
And brown was still gobbing off. :hihi
Good work by Whitey

evo said:
Same here evo. Rarity nowadays.

the hatred i have for campbell brown continues to grow. if this scum does not rot in hell then no1 will.

I ask u this... WHAT is the difference between matty lloyd's hit on sewell last year and brown's hit on jacko.

Brown,
1. OVER RAN the ball, went for the man
2. Head High contact
3. Intentional

I dunno how many points that gets him. But surely at least 3 weeks.

BIG decision that went against us, from us having a shot on goal, they went on to kick one.

2 goal turnaround. Jeff the maggot Giechen PLEASE EXPLAIN!

Also worth noting the bump on Webbereley was also head high and still no free kick, yet each time hodge ducked a tackle he got a free kick!

Hawthorn weren't crucified by the umps! WE WERE!

evo said:

About a minute after that great goal - White tackled Brown fiercely and buried Brown's head into the turf rubbing his nose on the grass. Brown got up very quiet and ran back to man up White without saying a word - respect or smarting? Who cares - A Richmond player stood up for a team mate - that I haven't seen for a while......

Did not think that there was much in Browns bump on Jackson. Both went in low. Free might have resulted in a goal, who knows.
Personally, I don't think that it should go to the MRP.
Do agree though, Brown is a tosser of the highest order.

TigerArmySoldier01 said:
the hatred i have for campbell brown continues to grow. if this scum does not rot in hell then no1 will.

I ask u this... WHAT is the difference between matty lloyd's hit on sewell last year and brown's hit on jacko.

Brown,
2. Head High contact
3. Intentional

BIG decision that went against us, from us having a shot on goal, they went on to kick one.

Also worth noting the bump on Webbereley was also head high and still no free kick, yet each time hodge ducked a tackle he got a free kick!

Yep, the MRP will look at the Brown hit on Jackson very closely and if he gets cited and cops weeks the umpires have a lot to answer for. IMO that should have been a free kick in our F50 and the non decision has had a significant bearing on the end result. And the hit on Webberley (was that Brown as well?) was almost as bad and should have resulted in another free kick in our F50.

Certainly copped the rough end of the pineapple today did the Tiges.

TigerArmySoldier01 said:

Brown,
2. Head High contact
3. Intentional

geolinpie said:
Did not think that there was much in Browns bump on Jackson. Both went in low. Free might have resulted in a goal, who knows.
Personally, I don't think that it should go to the MRP.
Do agree though, Brown is a tosser of the highest order.

The beauty of our great game and our great club - differing opinions of the same incident.

From what I saw in the slow motion replay Brown not only ran past the ball but also took his eyes off it to line up Jackson. That's my opinion - but the only two opinions that count are the Unmpire's and the Review Panel's.

the head hits on weberley and jackson were certainly free kicks that for some unexpalinable reason were not given..the one on jackson that waasnt paid went on to be a hawks goal..a crucial umpiring error..

That was a free kick any day of the week.
How the *smile* that they missed it amazed me. :frustration

If Brown cops two weeks for the incident as I fully expect, then the umpire should be made accountable given how crucial that decision was.

nothing wrong with the hit, nothing will happen....he was simply tougher and better and got the hawks over the line.....you should be asking for tucks head if anything

Tigers2011 said:
Should have been a free kick to Jackson and a report. Disgraceful miss by the umpires and a accurate reflection on Squib Brown.

Low act to hit a player with his head over the ball when he can't defend himself. Still that's about all Campbell Brown has to offer the world - gutless sniper.

Just like his old man

Col.W.Kurtz said:
Is cambell brown the most overrated player in the afl? That effort in the third where Jack took a contested mark on him was pathetic

I'll bet that Hawthorn are quietly hoping that he goes to the GC. After all, they did try to offload him to Port a year ago.

TigerArmySoldier01 said:

Agree

Even the last tackle by Tambling I question. He was over the player, I could be wrong but he didn't land in his back to warrant a free kick ( seem over him with a gap b/w bodies) for the Dawks to take control of the ball & win the game.

daoula said:
nothing wrong with the hit, nothing will happen....he was simply tougher and better and got the hawks over the line.....you should be asking for tucks head if anything

What a load of crap. He hit him in the head; is that no longer a free kick in AFL football?

Even the last tackle by Tambling I question. He was over the player, I could be wrong but he didn't land in his back to warrant a free kick ( seem over him with a gap b/w bodies) for the Dawks to take control of the ball & win the game.
[/quote]

I agree with this. I was right in front of it and I honestly thought there was a chance of deliberate over the line and when the umpire came running I thought we had it. I could not believe he paid in the back. I haven't seen the replay but to me the Hawthorn player dived forward to try and get the ball out of bounds and Tambling didn't even touch him.

Just watched the replay of the bump. No doubt he hit him in the head. To the letter of the law it was a free kick and it is a reportable offence.

Those flogs Russell and Frawley were wrapping Brown like he was Leigh *smile* Matthews. Yeah, real tough to hit a bloke who's got his head over the ball in the head ::)

If it had have been a RFC player on a Hawthorn player they would have been crying blue murder and for a free kick and report.

Ridley said:
Just watched the replay of the bump. No doubt he hit him in the head. To the letter of the law it was a free kick and it is a reportable offence.

Those flogs Russell and Frawley were wrapping Brown like he was Leigh *smile*ing Matthews. Yeah, real tough to hit a bloke who's got his head over the ball in the head ::)

If it had have been a RFC player on a Hawthorn player they would have been crying blue murder and for a free kick and report.

YEah I just watched it too on afl.com.au and the commentary was bizarre. Simply had to be a free kick if nothing else.

I have no doubt he will get weeks. Saw a replay on the news and as others have said, he ran past the ball all eyes on Jackson who's head is already over the ball. The Webberly incident should be at least looked out because it was reckless with head high contact.