Campbell Brown-Daniel Jackson clash threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Campbell Brown-Daniel Jackson clash threads [Merged]

Re: Brown hit on Jackson

Ridley said:
Just watched the replay of the bump. No doubt he hit him in the head. To the letter of the law it was a free kick and it is a reportable offence.

Those flogs Russell and Frawley were wrapping Brown like he was Leigh *smile*ing Matthews. Yeah, real tough to hit a bloke who's got his head over the ball in the head ::)

If it had have been a RFC player on a Hawthorn player they would have been crying blue murder and for a free kick and report.
Too bloody right Riddler. You can add pickering to those nincompoops as well. Geez he's a tosser.
bloody brown, putting on a song & dance about Lloyd bump last year, this was no different.

Tigerz73 said:
I agree with this. I was right in front of it and I honestly thought there was a chance of deliberate over the line and when the umpire came running I thought we had it. I could not believe he paid in the back. I haven't seen the replay but to me the Hawthorn player dived forward to try and get the ball out of bounds and Tambling didn't even touch him.

I have seen the replay still stick by thoughts. This cost us badly. Pathetic by the umps.

I'm a slight bit concerned for Dan with the mrp actually.

rosy23 said:
I'm a slight bit concerned for Dan with the mrp actually.

Yeah it looks as though he gave him a bit of a head butt. Will be looked at no doubt but if Brown is not looked at then that is further proof that the AFL is a farce.

bowden4president said:
I have no doubt he will get weeks. Saw a replay on the news and as others have said, he ran past the ball all eyes on Jackson who's head is already over the ball. The Webberly incident should be at least looked out because it was reckless with head high contact.

I actually don't think there was anything wrong with the Webberly hit. Didn't make any contact to his head from the number of replays I saw.

bowden4president said:
The Webberly incident should be at least looked out because it was reckless with head high contact.

missed this one. what happened?

WesternTiger said:
I actually don't think there was anything wrong with the Webberly hit. Didn't make any contact to his head from the number of replays I saw.

Agree , he's head hit the ground. The Webberly hit I thought was ok & not the head

WesternTiger said:
I must admit i only saw it Live and haven't seen a replay. Just looked ugly at the time.

Jason King said:
Webberley should have gotten a free kick, as should have Jackson and Nason. The umps were right there so there is no excuse.

Why?

is the lloyd hit on sewell last year different to brown's hit on jackson?

Only difference I find is that Jacko was able to get up afterwards because campbell brown is a soft c0ck

Al Bundy said:
Even the last tackle by Tambling I question. He was over the player, I could be wrong but he didn't land in his back to warrant a free kick ( seem over him with a gap b/w bodies) for the Dawks to take control of the ball & win the game.

Soft as butter and a disgrace at that stage of the game.

Bill James said:
I didn't see any contact to Webberleys head, his head it the ground.

Definitely got hit high, I was sitting right in front of it. The Dawk player made no attempt at the ball and hit him high. The umps have to protect the player with his head over the ball.

Chocco said:
Definitely got hit high, I was sitting right in front of it. The Dawk player made no attempt at the ball and hit him high. The umps have to protect the player with his head over the ball.

Watch the replay Chocco. They showed it 4 or 5 times and there was no contact to the head.

I dont think there is any clear evidence that Brown contacted with Jackson's head. The only view that you got on the telecast was the once with Jackson's back to the camera. I dont think it clearly shows a hit to the head but rather a hit with full force to the top of the chest. Unless there is another view that comes out I dont think it will be be put up for the review.

wigglyworm said:
I dont think there is any clear evidence that Brown contacted with Jackson's head. The only view that you got on the telecast was the once with Jackson's back to the camera. I dont think it clearly shows a hit to the head but rather a hit with full force to the top of the chest. Unless there is another view that comes out I dont think it will be be put up for the review.

Disagree - slow motion replay clearly shows the shoulder contacting Jackson's temple and top of the jaw bone on his face.

IMO - If the Review Panel do not proceed with this incident then there is certainly a bias in the AFL..

RemoteTiger said:
Disagree - slow motion replay clearly shows the shoulder contacting Jackson's temple and top of the jaw bone on his face.

IMO - If the Review Panel do not proceed with this incident then there is certainly a bias in the AFL..

I didnt see that but if thats the case then hes gone. Its pretty simple, hit someone in the head and you are out for x weeks.

I don't really care if Brown and Gilham are reported, suspended or whatever.

That's two free kicks for head high tackles that were within 30 m of goal and weren't paid. Umpires should pay free kicks when they are there. They give enough tiggy-touchwood, dodgy ones in the midfield in the interests of keeping the play flowing, they should actually try to play the real ones in the interests of umpiring fairly and correctly.

I don't care if it means they pay 150 frees a game, they should always pay the ones that are there.

When the umpire calls play on and the player is later reported on video evidence it just rubs salt into the wound.