Campbell Brown-Daniel Jackson clash threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Campbell Brown-Daniel Jackson clash threads [Merged]

Re: Brown let off- jackson 2 weeks.....

No further action was taken on Hille's match day report for engaging in rough conduct against St Kilda's Brendon Goddard, while Brown's forceful bump on Richmond midfielder Daniel Jackson late in the fourth quarter of Hawthorn's three-point win over the Tigers was "not considered unreasonable" by the panel.

So it was considered 'reasonable'?

What's with the explosion in double negatives? Eg. Don't disagree... Um... so you agree? Not unexpected... Um... so it was expected?
Just tell it like it is!

Re: Brown hit on Jackson

It amazes me that this poor excuse for a footballer gets off for lining a bloke up with his eyes only on the ball.
Then DJ gets 2 weeks for a love tap after getting abused while trying to get attended to by the trainer by this gutless prick!

Even their courageous captains hair pulling brought a fine.

Getting seriously sick of these decisions lately. No consistency in the punishments at all.

Golden Brown said:
Yeah, like I thought. No charge laid against Brown by the MRP.

Good, hard football - a good, tough contest.

Some of you softies should watch netball if you don't like football.

Unless you have been sleeping under a rock for the past 3 years, you will understand that the new rules of AFL do not allow head high contact and 99 out of 100 have been suspended for this exact scenario.

For what its worth though I agree with you totally. Hard contest at the ball. A player just cannot make split decisions such as this to prevent these sort of incidents. This could have easily been a case of two players from the same team. Under this scenario should the player have been suspended? I just find it hard to understand how you can attack a football and not have these incidental accidents. Unfortunately the AFL have laid their bed and created precedence. So naturally we all complain when there is no consistency in penalties. Seems to be alot of decisions made depending on which way the wind is blowing at AFL headquarters.

It was clearly a 5 weeks type of reportable incident at the time, but a free-kick wasn't given

Now to protect the umpires they claim its not a citable incident.

To add another layer of distraction, they cite the victim for expressing indignation towards the gutless purveyor of the act.

Whoever's responsible, please take a bow. And don't complain once I make contact.

GoodOne said:
no consistency in penalties.

Seems to be alot of decisions made depending on which way the wind is blowing at AFL headquarters.

I have not seen any footage which conclusively proves there was head high contact. Maybe there was a camera angle I have yet to see???

I'd say lack of evidence versus clear footage would be more likely to decide these things than the hot air which is blowing through PRE

Spanish Prisoner said:
I know what you mean. It was so much more memorable that leading a team to a flag.

Stupid comment...

Go post on your own clubs forum troll.

I'll go now. Being a troll is not really my bag, but couldn't help posting when I read some of the hogwash in this thread.

I hate it when people wanna make the game a sissy sport

Go Hawks! Go Tiges!

Re: Match Review Panel Round 8

Both incidents of head high contact on Tambling were not even assessed?

Brown was not intent on winning the ball, rather taking Jackson out of the play. If that maggot was playing the ball, he would not be in a true hip and shoulder position.
IT was a shirt front plane and simple.
Robbed of a free kick and now getting a 2 match suspension. RFC FIRE THE HELL UP!
Dead set back page 2morrow should be DH or Benny Gale sticking up for Jacko, calling campbell brown a sniper "every dog has its day" and a please explain from gieschan.

:help How the hell did David Hille get off after his late hit on Goddard?

Tigers2011 said:
Should have been a free kick to Jackson and a report. Disgraceful miss by the umpires and a accurate reflection on Squib Brown.

Low act to hit a player with his head over the ball when he can't defend himself. Still that's about all Campbell Brown has to offer the world - gutless sniper.
Spot on and they talk Campbell Brown up as a hard man. I loved it when White made him look like an absolute *smile*. It doesn't take guts to hit a bloke when he's got his head over the ball and isn't expecting contact. Jackson is genuinely tough, not like the pretender Brown, looks like he inherited more than a surname from his old man.

Last week I thought Mumford incredibly unlucky, now in light of the findings this round I think Mumford was more unlucky than incredibly unlucky (whatever the phrase is for that - where's Dyer 'ere when you need him).

Brown had no intention of going for the ball he just went and took out Jacko.
Disgraceful Brown should have gone for 4 weeks

I wonder if anyone has ever gotten whiplash from their hair being pulled .... ?

From Wiki

"Symptoms reported by sufferers include: pain and aching to the neck and back, referred pain to the shoulders, sensory disturbance (such as pins and needles) to the arms & legs and headaches. Symptoms can appear directly after the injury, but often are not felt until days afterwards.[3] Whiplash is usually confined to the spinal cord, and the most common areas of the spinal cord affected by whiplash are the neck, and the mid-back (middle of the spine)."

Keep an eye out for these symptoms Ben !