Campbell Brown-Daniel Jackson clash threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Campbell Brown-Daniel Jackson clash threads [Merged]

Oldie should send the MRP some new software as the old Windows 95 version just isn't working for them.

Ohhh and how that isn't a free kick astonishes me, should of been a free kick for Jacko directly in front and we win the game.

Tigers of Old said:
They both went for the ball?!
All I see here is one bloke with his head over the ball and the other lining him up from a meter and a half away.

screenshot20100518at110.jpg

screenshot20100518at111.jpg

Astounded by this decision. :mad:

Anyone still defending Brown after looking at these 2 photos is a complete imbecile.

Have a look at the score we kicked 2 more goals in a short time and still had 2 mins to kick the winner..

B2

Tigers of Old said:
They both went for the ball?!
All I see here is one bloke with his head over the ball and the other lining him up from a meter and a half away.

screenshot20100518at110.jpg

screenshot20100518at111.jpg

Astounded by this decision. :mad:
Campbell Brown is less than half a metre away from the ball and it is still loose.

I really detest the sue of Slo-mo and screenshots in reference to 'in play' contact, as it totally defeats the purpose of analysing contact made in an elite sport.

The game is played at high speed. Players don't get the option to slo down and have a second guess.

theScabman said:
Campbell Brown is less than half a metre away from the ball and it is still loose.

I really detest the sue of Slo-mo and screenshots in reference to 'in play' contact, as it totally defeats the purpose of analysing contact made in an elite sport.

The game is played at high speed. Players don't get the option to slo down and have a second guess.

Garbage Scab.

I thought it was high and intentional at full speed and these grabs simply confirm it.

Full pace or not Brown is not playing the ball, he is playing the man. That is obvious here.

Should have been a free kick at the very least and I believe suspended.

theScabman said:

Yes, the ball is still loose and it is clear that Brown has no intention of going for it. Clearly bracing himself to deliver the shirtfront.

Jackson is contesting his suspension for headbutting.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/94526/default.aspx

Probably shows how ‘out of touch’ I am but reckon the furore re Brown – Jackson overblown . Free kick at most , if that . We would have been cheering if the roles were reversed..Surprised the AFL taking this further & pleased the RFC will contest the charge. Reckon the earlier attempt by Gilham on Webberley far worse . Very disappointed that one didn’t merit action..

Tigers of Old said:
Garbage Scab.

I thought it was high and intentional at full speed and these grabs simply confirm it.

Full pace or not Brown is not playing the ball, he is playing the man. That is obvious here.

Should have been a free kick at the very least and I believe suspended.
That's garbage.

He was running at the loose ball, and decided late to turn his shoulder into Jackson as the ball was still running away from him and the instinct was to protect himself once the inevitable contact was made.

You can see that clearly in the below pics, that he's running 'open' at the ball.
brown1w.jpg

and even in this pic, the ball is still loose and Brown is after it with his body fully open.
brown2z.jpg

To put it bluntly I think you've grabbed pictures that suit your argument more than they do tell the whole truth of the contact.

Brown was charging down the ball, realised that Jackson was in his way and turned his body to protect himself from front on contact.

It was nothing like some here are making out.

Browneye had no intention of going for the ball he thinks hes tough because he takes out a player whos going for the ball.
If Browneye was tough he would have gone for the ball himself.
Browneye should have got 3 weeks for that.
The AFL is not protecting the player going for the ball another example of this is David Hilles hit on Goddard and his hit on Young a few weeks earlier. If a player has no intention of going for the ball and decides to take out another player it should be a minimum 2 week suspension.

Tigers of Old said:
Sorry can't see what you're talking about. Got a set of binoculars?
He is running with his body open.
He is not leading with his shoulder.

Only when it becomes apparent to him that contact will be made does he turn his shoulder.

We can argue about this all day, but what I'm interested to know is if a Richmond player attacked the contest with such ferocity would you think that they'd gone about it all wrong?

Where exactly does this leave football if the sort of thing Brown did is a 'no-no'?

theScabman said:
We can argue about this all day, but what I'm interested to know is if a Richmond player attacked the contest with such ferocity would you think that they'd gone about it all wrong?

The hawthorn player would have ended up with a broken jaw and Brown would be running around the sidelines doing his best Tarzan impersonation.

theScabman said:
The ball may still be loose, but his arm is tucked in for contact with the player, the fact he intentionally went the man instead of the ball is clear as day.

Having said that, there is still not one picture I can see that shows Brown making high contact on Jackson's head. The AFL have said they've seen a side on view that says he didn't. That's the only reason he got off.

ZeroGame said:
The ball may still be loose, but his arm is tucked in for contact with the player, the fact he intentionally went the man instead of the ball is clear as day.

Having said that, there is still not one picture I can see that shows Brown making high contact on Jackson's head. The AFL have said they've seen a side on view that says he didn't. That's the only reason he got off.

And rightly so if he didn't make head high contact. I actually don't see what's the issue.