Campbell Brown-Daniel Jackson clash threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Campbell Brown-Daniel Jackson clash threads [Merged]

Barnzy said:
Imagine if Jackson did what Hille did to Goddard. Would've got 10 weeks.

What a joke of a decision from the MRP.

Weve taken it to the tribunal they imposed the extra week when they found Jacko guilty.
The tribunal and the MRP need to be under the so called AFL drugs policy.

rosy23 said:
I wonder what the defence was. Campbell said he wasn't head butted so I wonder if Dan claimed he didn't do it. A bit of an unfortunate brain fade. Will be a big loss to our team and will also put a massive dent in his Jack Dyer Medal chances. He'd be right up there at the moment.

Heres our defence courtesy afl

The Tigers argued that Jackson was no in a position to form an intent of intentional conduct. Richmond doctor Greg Hickey told the tribunal that Jackson had a history of violent tendencies after taking knocks to the head and was disoriented and didn't recall the headbutting incident after he received forceful contact from Brown.

That seems like a pretty weak defense to me. surely they would have been better arguing no contact was made if the receiver of the "headbutt" said there was no contact.

btoz_01 said:
........ like a lilttle schoolboy you ran to the umpire to report a headbutt that didnt even touch you.

Was pretty ordinary of Brown to squeal to the umpires but I haven't heard any comment from our side that Dan didn't make contact. Has anyone heard our side of what happened?

Edit just read the explanation btoz. Seems strange.

rosy23 said:
I wonder what the defence was. Campbell said he wasn't head butted so I wonder if Dan claimed he didn't do it. A bit of an unfortunate brain fade. Will be a big loss to our team and will also put a massive dent in his Jack Dyer Medal chances. He'd be right up there at the moment.

No the tribunal wouldn't have believed a word that scumbag said after evidence given at the tribunal last year by him was later found to have been a lie. Think he got a fine from the AFL because of it. D!ckhead blabbed about lying on (I think)the footy show - not much up top and a dirty rotten "unsociable" dork.

Hardly a headbutt. He leant his forehead into Browns face at minimal speed. If this is what players are getting rubbed out for, what's next?
I'd say in just about every match there is an instance where players are in each others face & nothing is made of it.
Tribunal probably annoyed that they had to come in again to see just the one case & it was Jackson again appealing. Before he even walked in, I imagine they had found him guilty.
The beauty of the AFL MRP & tribunal is that have openly stated that you can't use precedents. Basically, gives themselves the option to make decisions willy-nilly & no one can say, hang on that's inconsistent. AFL at its farcical best again.

nikdante12 said:
You expect everyone to be jingoistic?

I was actually joking. Thought the emoticon made that clear, obviously not.

Leysy Days said:
Out of interest, you wouldnt have got out of your seat to say anything to Lloyd when he ironed out Sewell last year leysy takes it. Your opinion to your mate next to you would have been that it was "basically good football" & "the sort of stuff we used to see in the 80's & 90's" leysy assumes.

It's the lack of consistency from the MRP that I have issue with rather than the act itself.

As for Jackson, he's an idiot for contesting the headbutt charge.

rosy23 said:

No doubt will be a big loss, but the video evidence doesn't lie. It was a premedidated act that unfortunatley connected on Brown's head. Jackson will need to control his temper in the heat of the battle and not get sucked in when being provoked.

geoffryprettyboy said:
No doubt will be a big loss, but the video evidence doesn't lie. It was a premedidated act that unfortunatley connected on Brown's head. Jackson will need to control his temper in the heat of the battle and not get sucked in when being provoked.

Jacko should have done it properly then, would have still got 3 weeks.

MB78 said:
Jackson got 3 weeks :mad:

AFL's too bureaucratic these days. This game needs a huge cleanout with Adolf out first of all.

Jackson didn't headbutt, he just intended to. Is 3 weeks correct for that or do we still play the sissy game?

Perhaps they should have argued provocation . Freo got Headland off after Headland hit Selwood who had quite rightly ridiculed Headland's tattoo.

This was absolutely not a head butt, if you have seen anyone get of give a good Liverpool kiss as they are called it usually ends up with someones nose spread all over their face and blood everywhere. This was nothing but a peck. What a joke.

3 weeks now.

*smile* ME!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I would expect us to appeal, but we are so *smile* I guess it doesn't really matter. Should be used to things not going our way really. Store for another more useful day now. Move on.

Stupid move by Jackson, Everybody knows the AFL doesn't like "behind the play incidents" and "cheap-shots.
People are saying it didn't make contact, the AFL doesn't care, an attempted headbutt to them is a still a headbutt..
What Jackson did is crap. He should ve have been the one who shepherded Tuck and put Mitchell to sleep with a bump instead he got stooge into a slugging match with the biggest snippier in the AFL.
No one wins in challenging the tribunal verdict.

theScabman said:
Have you watched the clip?

How many times do I have to outline it for you.
The ball was handballed into space. Brown ran back for it, Jackson was in front of him. Brown recognised that Jackson was going to get the ball before he could, and that contact was going to be made, and so he turned his shoulder into Jackson.

It's basically just good football. The sort of stuff you'd see constantly in the 80's and 90's.

What I find so intriguing though is that the AFL in their adjudication of the game and it's rules have turned what were once supporters who loved a fierce contest into snivellers who want any player who goes anywhere near the head rubbed out.
Look at how we react now to hard contests.
The first thing anyone does is look for head contact so that they can get on their feet and claim that player to be worthy of a holiday on the sidelines.

Seems the AFL have gotten exactly what they desired. Sanitised rubbish for people with no clue.

At the risk of sounding like a turncoat, I find you to be a most reasonable poster - amazingly so for a Hawk - and agree with your views on this topic.

Have no issue with Brown's bump or even Jackson's initial penalty, but for the bloke to miss three games while Waite misses two for a vicious elbow beggars belief. I can only assume that, since Jackson's penalty is of no consequence to our season, Demetriou and co. are playing us like a fiddle in attempting to generate outrage; hence I refuse to get upset over this, and instead sadly shake my head at the state of the game.

geoffryprettyboy said:
Jackson will need to control his temper in the heat of the battle and not get sucked in when being provoked.
Yeah he got sucked in but I wouldnt want Jackson to curb his aggression towards the ball and player. For far too long we have been pussys on the field when it comes to giving it back to the opposition.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
At the risk of sounding like a turncoat, I find you to be a most reasonable poster - amazingly so for a Hawk - and agree with your views on this topic.

Have no issue with Brown's bump or even Jackson's initial penalty, but for the bloke to miss three games while Waite misses two for a vicious elbow beggars belief. I can only assume that, since Jackson's penalty is of no consequence to our season, Demetriou and co. are playing us like a fiddle in attempting to generate outrage; hence I refuse to get upset over this, and instead sadly shake my head at the state of the game.

Agree with most of this although not quite sure Vlad is pulling the strings, more the incompetence or the MRP.

How many weeks did Brennan get for his headbutt?