Campbell Brown-Daniel Jackson clash threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Campbell Brown-Daniel Jackson clash threads [Merged]

Baloo said:
Did he ever play soccer ?

:hihi

GoodOne said:
Reckon there are heaps of examples. Personally I wasn't too fussed about this decision. It does appear to be inconclusive and you have to give the benefit of the doubt in my opinion. It may be that Jackson did get hit in the head but you can't suspend someone on circumstantial evidence these days, I wouldn't have thought. The 3 weeks for Jackson is deplorable though, in fact a sick joke. As was Hille getting off for jumping with the elbow up late. The inconsistency is rife.

Agreed. Hard to suspend him off the camera angle given, a bit inconslusive but I still think he clipped him in the head with the way Jackson reacted and the fact he was groggy and had to go off the ground. At the very least if Brown is so "tough" he would've put his head over the ball and copped whatever was coming his way instead of having eyes only for Jackson and trying to take him out.

Agree with you also that it's a joke that Jackson copped weeks for his so called "headbutt" while Hille gets off for the 3rd time in a row. Good that we aren't be bossed around by the AFL and are fighting it. I honestly didn't think that Jackson incident would even be looked at, barely even touched him.

I tell you what. If that little nudge by Jackson is deemed worthy of suspension then so is Mitchell's hairpulling. Head high, low/medium impact, delibrate. Seems similar to me?

Barnzy said:
39748993.jpg

Pretty clear he was distraught and holding his face/head directly after he got hit. As I said it was hard to tell from the footage but if he got hit in the shoulder he wouldn't have reacted in such a way. Who gets hit in the shoulder and clutches at their head?
That still doesn't really paint the true picture, even in slow motion his hands weren't even at his head for anything more than a second or two.

theScabman said:
Have you watched the clip?

How many times do I have to outline it for you.
The ball was handballed into space. Brown ran back for it, Jackson was in front of him. Brown recognised that Jackson was going to get the ball before he could, and that contact was going to be made, and so he turned his shoulder into Jackson.

It's basically just good football. The sort of stuff you'd see constantly in the 80's and 90's.

What I find so intriguing though is that the AFL in their adjudication of the game and it's rules have turned what were once supporters who loved a fierce contest into snivellers who want any player who goes anywhere near the head rubbed out.
Look at how we react now to hard contests.
The first thing anyone does is look for head contact so that they can get on their feet and claim that player to be worthy of a holiday on the sidelines.

Seems the AFL have gotten exactly what they desired. Sanitised rubbish for people with no clue.

Leysy too agrees that Brown shouldnt have been charged.

Out of interest, you wouldnt have got out of your seat to say anything to Lloyd when he ironed out Sewell last year leysy takes it. Your opinion to your mate next to you would have been that it was "basically good football" & "the sort of stuff we used to see in the 80's & 90's" leysy assumes.

Tigers of Old said:
Mate I can argue the exact same thing when Lloyd got rubbed out for his hit on Sewell last year.
There's not a great deal of difference that I can see except end result (injury) to the player who's head is over the ball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQiz0cXYbzo&feature=related

It is imperative that you protect the player with his head over the ball and quite clearly we can see in this footage that Jackson was first to it and Brown chose to take his eye off the footy and bump Jackson's head.

Where does he hit him in the head?

Jeez I'm sick of reading this bloody sooking by richmond supporters. Swithch the roles and there'd be plenty raving on about the great bump tackle etc. He didn't hit him in the head, footage confirms it, Jackson didn't protect himself by turning his shoulder.

Brown is a courageous player and when he gets the chance to hurt the opposition he does it - what the hell is wrng with that??

The only thing I agree with most of the sooks on here is that jackson should not have been cited for the love tap to Brown with his forehead - that decision was a complete joke.

brigadiertiger said:
Taking both the pictures here and the video clip it is a cowardly act what he is lucky in is that it appears it was a glancing blow to the head that didn't inflict any real damage but that does not excuse what he did.
It seems your appreciation for football is at polar opposites to myself.

Leysy Days said:
Leysy too agrees that Brown shouldnt have been charged.

Out of interest, you wouldnt have got out of your seat to say anything to Lloyd when he ironed out Sewell last year leysy takes it. Your opinion to your mate next to you would have been that it was "basically good football" & "the sort of stuff we used to see in the 80's & 90's" leysy assumes.
I'm not even going to compare the two.

Brodders17 said:
Scabman, out of interest whats your view IF brown hit jackson high? weeks or not?

I'm in the camp if he didnt hit him high he gets off, but i dont agree though he only turned to protect himself. He chased the ball saw jackson and decided to crunch him instead. it definitely should have been a free, cos at the very least he hit over the shoulder (but not necessarily the head).

it will be interesting what jackson says at his tribunal for his vicious headbut.
If Brown had of got Jacksons head and caused damage then of course, he get's weeks( under the laws of the game).

I think each case should be judged on it's merits though.

To me, football would be a much better game to watch if every player went at the ball as hard as Campbell Brown did on Sunday.

Did Jackson make contact with the head butt? Looks to me as if alot of it was their chests bumping together.

I'm glad this is going to the tribunal.

Seems a bit rich to get 2 weeks.

Wasn't happy Brown had no action taken against him. Especially as he was in Daniels face as he went off injured. My opinion of Brown has dropped since the weekend. He carries on after the Lloyd thing last year. But thinks his behaviour was ok against us. I also heard him say on radio that a player with blond dreadlocks deserves them to be pulled.

It seems in Browns world that it is ok to carry on after one of his players gets hurt ( Lloyd incident ). And lets face it. Lloyd was only going in hard, I doubt he meant to knock him out. But when Brown goes in hard, it is not only ok, but it is ok for him to go on with it after the player is hurt. Brown could just as easily of got Jackson in the head too.

I hope Daniel gets off. Didn't look like much of a headbutt to me. And Browns behaviour should be taken into consideration too.

Another thing

2 other incidents on the weekend that haven't even been raised.

1. Buddy slammed a player of ours into the deck in a tackle. Didn't a swan player get 2 weeks for that last week? I guess this one was ok because our player had the ball.

2. Webberley was charged on from the front and was hit head high. Didn't even get a free. Anyone know the incident I'm talking about? And anyone know why this was not raised by the match review panel?

theglove3 said:
That's it! We can't make Finals now! :hihi

Should have taken the 2.

And we can kiss goodbye that first round pick for Jackson trade at the end of the year.

Seriously though what a joke.

3 weeks for a headbutt that made no contact what a *smile* joke
Well done Campbell Brown you spineless gutless *smile* like a lilttle schoolboy you ran to the umpire to report a headbutt that didnt even touch you.

Imagine if Jackson did what Hille did to Goddard. Would've got 10 weeks.

What a joke of a decision from the MRP.

geoffryprettyboy said:
I had the feeling he was pushing sh!t up hill and didn't have a chance.

I wonder what the defence was. Campbell said he wasn't head butted so I wonder if Dan claimed he didn't do it. A bit of an unfortunate brain fade. Will be a big loss to our team and will also put a massive dent in his Jack Dyer Medal chances. He'd be right up there at the moment.