Campbell Brown-Daniel Jackson clash threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Campbell Brown-Daniel Jackson clash threads [Merged]

Now FC are jumping on board the Brown bandwagon. This Brown lovefest is getting a bit much to take.

theScabman said:
Hardly.
They both went for the ball.
Once it was apparent to Brown that he was not going to get the ball he slightly turned his shoulder towards the point of contact, as he knew contact was about to be made.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_Wru7kJxZY
perhaps not quite a hip and shoulder, but he definitely tucked his shoulder and went for jackson.

jb03 said:
Now FC are jumping on board the Brown bandwagon. This Brown lovefest is getting a bit much to take.

what are they raving about? the part where brown chased jackson off the field, or the part where white ran straight round him to kick an very important goal late?

Brodders17 said:
what are they raving about? the part where brown chased jackson off the field, or the part where white ran straight round him to kick an very important goal late?

Apparently his attack on the ball was the reason for their victory and was of a standard not matched by any other player in the game.

theScabman said:
I guess you missed the bit where Brown nearly broke your key forwards arm with his attack on the loose ball, not to mention the fact that Brown and Jackson were running head first at each other when contact was made. It was a great contest for a loose ball.

Campbell Brown riles up opposition supporters so much for the way he carries on, but you seriously cannot question whether he will put himself in the spot to take the hit, as he's been doing that ever since his first game.
In his first year, he refused to go off the ground with a busted shoulder and stood in front of a leading Nigel Smart, a move that ultimately sat him out for almost half the season and which won Hawthorn the game.

*smile* off you inbred moron. One had his head down the other didn't.One was watching the ball the other wasn't yeah really *smile* tough to attack a man who is not looking Brown would go to water when actually confronted.

It doesn't matter if Brown chose to ignore the ball and shirt front Jackson... as long as he didn't make head high contact.
Not sure why people are saying the fact he went for the man meant he should be suspended, it doesn't work that way

ZeroGame said:
It doesn't matter if Brown chose to ignore the ball and shirt front Jackson... as long as he didn't make head high contact.
Not sure why people are saying the fact he went for the man meant he should be suspended, it doesn't work that way

Agreed. People are letting emotions get in the way of viewing the incident for what it was. I dont applaud Brown for what he did but it was within the rules of the game and took out one of our better players on the day. If the situations were reversed everyone would be jumping up and down saying Jackson did not hit Browns head so he should be let off

brigadiertiger said:
*smile* off you inbred moron. One had his head down the other didn't.One was watching the ball the other wasn't yeah really *smile*ing tough to attack a man who is not looking Brown would go to water when actually confronted.
Watch the clip, Cletus.

Could somebody please name (and shame) the members of the MRP for me ? I would like to know who the pathetic creatures are .

poppa x said:
Andrew McKay ex carlton
Peter Carey ex umpire
Paul Broderick ex Richmond

I think.

I think youre right.
Anyone know if the AFL drugs policy covers the MRP? :afro :afro :afro

theScabman said:
Hardly.
They both went for the ball.
Once it was apparent to Brown that he was not going to get the ball he slightly turned his shoulder towards the point of contact, as he knew contact was about to be made.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_Wru7kJxZY

They both went for the ball?!
All I see here is one bloke with his head over the ball and the other lining him up from a meter and a half away.

screenshot20100518at110.jpg

screenshot20100518at111.jpg

Astounded by this decision. :mad:

Jackson taking his suspension to the tribunal.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/94517/default.aspx

Good for him. 2 weeks for that? Please.

Panthera tigris FC said:
Jackson taking his suspension to the tribunal.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/94517/default.aspx

Good for him. 2 weeks for that? Please.

Good to see weve grown some :police: and are fighting the suspension

btoz_01 said:

btoz_01 said:

It’s good to see some of our players showing some grit out on the field too. Jackson didn’t take any backward steps on Sunday, Nason stood up for himself in his encounter with Mitchell, notwithstanding the fact that he really needs a hair-cut, and White’s response to Campbell Brown was fantastic.

The respect that they will win out of standing their ground against known bullyboys far outweighs any penalties this bogus MRP can dish out.

I’ve seen this team go whole seasons without even one altercation with the opposition, a sure sign that they were not playing for each other.

Tigers of Old said:
They both went for the ball?!
All I see here is one bloke with his head over the ball and the other lining him up from a meter and a half away.

screenshot20100518at110.jpg

screenshot20100518at111.jpg

Astounded by this decision. :mad:

Perfectly shown TOO, it's not any different to all the other head over the ball reports. The AFL keep stipulating that the player with his head over the ball must be protected. People applauding Campbell Brown for his courage and perfect match winning bump are a *smile* joke and obviously never played the game before. What Campbell Brown did here was wimp out and took his eyes off the ball, a cowards act.