Blair Hartley | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Blair Hartley

Riley Collier-Dawkins
Jack Ross
Fraser turner
Luke English
Jake Aarts
Jacob Townsend
Maibior Chol
Mav Weller
Sydney stack

Good lord
Only 1 player left in 5 years
Blair should be sacked
How can anyone get it so wrong
Seriously .

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
18, 19 biting hard right now.

22, Tylar Young aside looks like junk picks that aren’t going great.
18, 19 biting hard right now.

22, Tylar Young aside looks like junk picks that aren’t going great.
Far too early to be calling on our ‘22 haul.
Those around the club are really excited about Seth Campbell.
Smith been injured the whole year so can’t be judged at all.
Agree that Green looks a bust.

Interesting you’re in Crete
At the moment . You drinking Mythos or Vergina Beer
You can get it ridin'
You can get is slidin'
You can feel it comin' on about four
A hard-earned thirst needs a big cold beer, and the best cold beer is Vergina.
Vergina beer

Matter of fact, I’d go one now

• Haha
Blair should be sacked
Seriously .
Pretty clear from this thread that most people have no idea what Blair Hartley actually does but in the great tradition of PRE, ignorance isn’t going to stop anyone from having strong opinions.

Anyway, here is a list of other names to consider when assessing Blair:
Houli
Grigg
Maric
Prestia
Caddy
Nankervis
Lynch
Taranto
Hopper

Reactions: 12 users
Blair should be sacked
Seriously .
Geelong 2018

Jordan Clark
Ben Jarvis
Jacob Kennerley
Darcy Fort
Jake Tarca
Ocscar Brownless
Tom Atkins

Only 1 player left in 5 years.
Wells should be retrospectively sacked.
How can anyone get it so wrong.
Seriously.

You really have to wonder sometimes. As TF said, no idea about the realities of how the system works.

Reactions: 5 users
Pretty clear from this thread that most people have no idea what Blair Hartley actually does but in the great tradition of PRE, ignorance isn’t going to stop anyone from having strong opinions.

Houli
Grigg
Maric
Prestia
Caddy
Nankervis
Lynch
Taranto
Hopper
Agree. People are confusing the roles of Clarke and Blair big time on this thread.

Reactions: 6 users
Blair's list management philosophy is "draft for talent, trade for need".

That's all well and good if you are drafting talent that, if in excess of need, will get us something good back. We haven't done that.

Also doesn't work when needs become desperate i.e. KPF. Failing to prioritise a KPF in the past few drafts, knowing full well of Jack's age is criminal.

Reactions: 2 users
True enough. Blair is Matt Clarke’s boss though & would have input. He could sack him tomorrow. So as footy boss ultimately he’s responsible for the players we select in the draft even if indirectly.
Just to throw some petroleum on the fire …. But didn’t they have a bit of an argument visible to the cameras when taking the infamous Brown pick? Who knows who thought what, maybe they were arguing over trading the pick out. I am not a Clarke hater btw and think it’s too early to judge him.

Blair's list management philosophy is "draft for talent, trade for need".

That's all well and good if you are drafting talent that, if in excess of need, will get us something good back. We haven't done that.

Also doesn't work when needs become desperate i.e. KPF. Failing to prioritise a KPF in the past few drafts, knowing full well of Jack's age is criminal.
Sure you can argue we could have done better in some areas, but Criminal? Bit OTT.

We traded in Tom Lynch because Jack was on the wane, So objectively we did plan for post Jack, and I'd argue 2 flags later, pretty bloody well. He is now unequivocably second banana. We have drafted a few second bananas, they were late picks and just aren't as good as Jack, and Lynchy, the best no 1 banana in the comp got injured. More than anything, its mostly just a function of poor draft hands as a result of being a dominant side for 10 years.

On the Van Rooyen thing, yeah sure in hindsight we should nabbed him, not that that really means anything. But IMO he will be a good second banana. Its not like we missed the second coming of Richo. Every side can look at a player that could have filled a need that they could have drafted.

Every side has holes in their list, perfect planning and execution in all list aspects of management doesn't exist. Not every side has a dominant KF on their list. people go on as if replacing a player Like Jack, no 1, no 2, no 3, whatever, or any player for that matter, is just a matter of going to the corner shop and getting a new one.

You can get it ridin'
You can get is slidin'
You can feel it comin' on about four
A hard-earned thirst needs a big cold beer, and the best cold beer is Vergina.
Vergina beer

Matter of fact, I’d go one now
Tastes good , just hard to pronounce

It’s gonna be a long off season.
Summer Of Love Comedy GIF by CBS
But this is gonna be me…

Houli
Grigg
Maric
Prestia
Caddy
Nankervis
Lynch
Taranto
Hopper
Jury is out whether to trade picks for zHopper and Taranto had actually helped the team ?