Blair Hartley | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Blair Hartley

For a guy who is clearly not a natural media performer, that was outstanding tonight.

No nonsense, articulate, generous with his time and explanations, in particular those relating to the want-away departures.

A huge responsibility to straighten out this list and yet appears to be fully invested. Under the most trying of circumstances this week, he well and truly got the job done.

Geez, sometimes there is a moment when you find out who a person really is and you're bloody glad they're part of your team.

Massive respect, Blair Hartley.
I was just about to post a stand alone tribute to this guy. An absolute star and true professional. The best in the business. No question. That press conference on the club website franks his credentials as the greatest and we should be super appreciative that he’s committed to our great club. To Blair, We Salute You. Thank You 🙏

• Love
Reactions: 20 users
For a guy who is clearly not a natural media performer, that was outstanding tonight.

No nonsense, articulate, generous with his time and explanations, in particular those relating to the want-away departures.

A huge responsibility to straighten out this list and yet appears to be fully invested. Under the most trying of circumstances this week, he well and truly got the job done.

Geez, sometimes there is a moment when you find out who a person really is and you're bloody glad they're part of your team.

100%

Did himself and the club proud.

Reactions: 7 users

Amen brother, 100%.

Reactions: 2 users

Well said. He performed his role under very difficult circumstances.

Reactions: 5 users

Yeah. And as an extension of that, a lot of others at Richmond working under emotional duress too eg Blair's assistants, the rest of the recruiting team, admin staff, coaches etc.

Reactions: 17 users

Great post.
Yes he's really shown why he was promoted a while back & equally why Balmey has been gradually phased out.

Reactions: 2 users
Just about the most important at the club now behind the scenes.

Must do all we can to keep him at the club long term as we start this rebuild.

Reactions: 11 users

Great post, spot on. I posted earlier on the trade thread that I thought Blairs effort was one of the greatest footy administrator performances ever, stellar, that was before I knew about Chris Toce's illness and passing, now it is just incredible. I'm in awe, he's a star, we're very lucky to have him.

Reactions: 16 users
A very impressive effort from Blair to be so hard nosed and maximise our draft hand whilst dealing with Chris's illness and subsequent passing. A class act.

Reactions: 12 users
Amazing effort from Blair under the most trying of circumstances imaginable. He is highly regarded for very good reason. The RFC is extremely lucky to have him!

Certainly puts things into perspective for us all.

Absolute respect.

Reactions: 3 users
Well he missed getting 2,3,4,57.8.9...... Dud delist.

In truth he gets an A+ from me
I originally gave him an A- but with room to improve that depending on live trading of picks.
But given he must have been under a fairly emotional weight with Chris Toce’s sudden passing I’ll revise it to an A.
There must have been quite some stress around the club, knowing Chris’ state, along with thinking of his young family. The importance of trade period. Players exit meetings and all the rest of the it.
Quite a burden Blair was carrying. Good job Blair.

Reactions: 3 users