Blair Hartley | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Blair Hartley

He's made some people on here look like absolute chumps after comments they made this week and last about his work.

Don't judge a trade period until it ends, and give the bloke his due - the best in the business right now. Everything he did was calculated to a nicety, and how he and the tram adapted to changing circumstances was brilliant.

The lesson is give a little back on a deal, don't try to "win" every deal by screwing traded players or the other party - there is a bigger picture to consider.

The fact that he and team did all this while Chris Toce was passing just increases my respect.
Yeah.

Wait til the trade period has finished before judgement .
Wait til both teams have batted before judging the batting or the pitch.
Wait til the game is over before wetting the bed.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Made the point we have same number of picks as list positions.

Puts that pick trade into perspective. Brisbane knew those picks were worthless to us.

As I said with rear view mirror we had too many.

We obviously didn’t know who was going to leave 12 months ago.

Reactions: 2 users
i said Blair was over rated, I was wrong. Sometimes I write stupid things, my apologies
Your lucky, posters who posted stupid things used to get a lifetime ban, but then there were so few of us left the mods had to let everyone back.
it explains why posters like Carts/Baron & Scoop/Spook post under 2 different names.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Made the point we have same number of picks as list positions.
Huh? 4 retired n 4 traded, but we're carrying 2 extra mid year draftees on the books, so unless we've quietly delisted another couple of blokes we've got 6 list spots for 8 picks.
Still got some shuffling to do and that's without considering possible rookie or psd picks at all.

Once the decision had been made to rip the core out of the playing group, Blair did a phenomenal job at converting that into the best possible chance of a total rebuild.

Now comes the hard part. Drafting, development, and coaching.

Reactions: 4 users