Beating North melbourne | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Beating North melbourne

Nth Melbourne may be doing a good job of beating themselves. A lot of pressure on a team that has rested half a side one week to then bring them all back in the next week - in an elimination final.

I reckon it gives our guys a psychological advantage with a "us v's them" attitude - a bit of "this team is giving us no respect by resting their side and think they can just walk over us the next week".

Smash em Tiges.

They are going to cop it big time when we beat them in the final.

Anybody see Usain Bolt in the 200 meter heats at the World Champs? Blew them out of the water over the first 120 meters and then jogged the rest. That's what the Tigers need to do, come out hard and bang on 10 goals and then play Cotch, Martin and Miles in the forward pocket for the second half.

It would be the perfect preparation for the finals, you don't lose your touch sitting on your butt for 2 weeks, but the legs get a good rest all the same.

linuscambridge said:
Anybody see Usain Bolt in the 200 meter heats at the World Champs? Blew them out of the water over the first 120 meters and then jogged the rest. That's what the Tigers need to do, come out hard and bang on 10 goals and then play Cotch, Martin and Miles in the forward pocket for the second half.

It would be the perfect preparation for the finals, you don't lose your touch sitting on your butt for 2 weeks, but the legs get a good rest all the same.
If we want to really insult the, give Rance a run up forward.

We,lol just have to thump them and pray GC pull off a miracle win.n

If we are going in full strength, best thing to do is thump them. No mercy, no front running.

Disco said:
Nth Melbourne may be doing a good job of beating themselves. A lot of pressure on a team that has rested half a side one week to then bring them all back in the next week - in an elimination final.

I reckon it gives our guys a psychological advantage with a "us v's them" attitude - a bit of "this team is giving us no respect by resting their side and think they can just walk over us the next week".

100% spot on

Brad Scott speaking like an a-hole being so sure of himself with this move.

Just another 'going through the motions' win tomorrow night. Get the game over and done with quick, grab 5th spot and get ready to smash them the week after.

Tames said:
Better off taking their offer of Richmond @2$ for bets up to $20
love the Friday night spesh. Been milking it all year.

Can't stand Norf or Brayshaw, such a try hard.

Hope we destroy them and somehow the swans get done ( wishful thinking) but sometimes karma is a *smile*.

It would wipe the cockiness out of that muppet Brad Scott.

tigers80 said:
Can't stand Norf or Brayshaw, such a try hard.

Hope we destroy them and somehow the swans get done ( wishful thinking) but sometimes karma is a b!tch.

It would wipe the cockiness out of that muppet Brad Scott.

It'll be interesting to see if Sam takes the *smile* out of him tonight on The Footy Show.

I don't think I have ever been angrier or more disappointed with the AFL in allowing North to rest 10 players. I am livid. If North start a blue or target any of our stars I believe the integrity of the game is shot to bits. With the professionalism and purity of the competition compromised, we now have the ugliest can of worms imaginable. Lyon has started this and it is in my view totally indefensible.

I can't see how the AFL can prevent resting players. Unless they can prove they are doing it for a draft advantage, there's nothing preventing a club from resting players in the name of managing their health. How does the AFL ascertain any particular player should be playing and not resting?

North players genuinely hate Richmond that's why they win all the time even with half a squad they have the Richmond chip firmly on the shoulders.
Time for us to hunt back.

Filthy Tiger said:
Absolutely pump them and put the doubt in their mind for next week

Absolutely.

Look at it this way:

Team A thinks 'smash em'
Team B thinks 'we better rest our sore bodies'

Who do you back next week?!

smasha said:
North players genuinely hate Richmond that's why they win all the time even with half a squad they have the Richmond chip firmly on the shoulders.
Time for us to hunt back.

Doctor's Certificates for a start.