Beating North melbourne | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Beating North melbourne

jb03 said:
i don't get the angst. We'll win by 10 goals in an uninspiring game. Everyone will tip North the next week with their great 'ins' and we'll beat them by 5 goals.

yeah

Fair or not, Scott will cop a lot of backlash next week if they lose the final. Massive pressure on them.

UKTiger said:
Just read Carey's comments about the replacement roos may well rough up our stars to make the following week easier. Classy sportsman!
The bloke *smile* his best mate's wife and glassed his girlfriend. Pond scum.

UKTiger said:
Just read Carey's comments about the replacement roos may well rough up our stars to make the following week easier. Classy sportsman!

He has a point.

spook said:
The bloke *smile*ed his best mate's wife and glassed his girlfriend. Pond scum.

Also sexually assaulted a woman on the street as well as giving character evidence for Jason Moran for unexplained reasons.

classy unit is the king.

I know, lets give him a job on TV and a hang on his every word. Surely there are worthy, moral ex greats who we could put on a pedestal in front of our kids.

I am not saying he dosnt deserve a second chance. But we don't have to roll out the red carpet for a privileged existence.

Surly we don't condone violence against women? Sends a poor message! But the AFL again show there hand as DILIGAF.

Midsy said:
He has a point.

agree - Carey does have a very good point regardless of his history

The good thing is he has raised it so if something does happen - North will be under the microscope - image if the Dempsy tackle on Lids was repeated by a North 2nds player late in the game - how would that look.

Chimptastic said:
Fair or not, Scott will cop a lot of backlash next week if they lose the final. Massive pressure on them.

And if hard wick loses final vs Norf by ten goals?

Backlash?

Three year contract extension probably

year of the tiger said:
agree - Carey does have a very good point regardless of his history

The good thing is he has raised it so if something does happen - North will be under the microscope - image if the Dempsy tackle on Lids was repeated by a North 2nds player late in the game - how would that look.
Regardless of his personal history, and how much he actually does know about football, he has a habit of making stupid comments and this is just another one of those.

I hope we smash them by 100 points and the gold coast beat Sydney. Karma

That's my worry.
They can use their lesser players to niggle and smack around lids and co all game.

Still want to see the lads ran out and show us why they have only lost 3 games since we last plated North in Round 7 (losses to WC at the MCG, Freo at the death and Adelaide at AO). We have won ugly in some, we have knocked off top 4 sides, we have done the double on Collingwood, Ess and Catlton for the first time since the 1930's. Best Richmond defense since 1967 (ish).

Have a look at the decent run North have had over us. Its been the one bad quarter that has cost us in almost all of these losses. Some surrendering decent leads too!! We can defeat both North A and B sides and expect to do so methodically over the next 2 games!

They will want to make a contest of this tonight, the 9 that came in all get to show why they need to remain in the team. If we switch off mentally, the unthinkable might happen, but in the spirit of this particular game if Richmond is loosing I can see Petrie moved to a half back flank.

Still love the faithful to come out tonight and watch us rack up our 15th win, that would be twice in the last 3 years we have done that.