Beating North melbourne | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Beating North melbourne

pessimistic_ said:
there are no rules you have to play the 'best 22'

and if there are - the afl are just making crap up as they go a long

personally i am very frustrated Richmond are trying to win meaningless games without looking two weeks forward to the big picture

It isn't a meaningless game.

We lose this week and we will lose to Adelaide in Adelaide next week. Anyone thinking we will rest up this week and go over there and knock em over is kidding themselves.

We need to win this week to give ourselves the best chance at advancing beyond week one of the finals.

as much as we might toy with idea too. our # priority is to AVOID A TRIP TO ADELAIDE !!! A win is a must irrespective who north put out there.

Then lets get then Week 1 in front of 90 at the MCG - 70,000 tigers 20,000 north and do the double !!!! Prove the resting policy does not work, no different to many teams who look "rusty" after the mid year bye.

Wondering now if Scott will ask the one week only players to "take out" a few of us, to make it easier for the following week.

Tames said:
Wondering now if Scott will ask the one week only players to "take out" a few of us, to make it easier for the following week.

This is my concern too. A few errant knees in contests is all it would take.
Lids, Ivvy, Cotch, Rance, Jack should be rested i think

North doing what's written within the rules but clearly manipulating a loop hole!

Filthy we can't as according to some stats I saw in the paper we can't paste or quote that out of the top 8 sides we have players who have played more games and game time minutes!

Good one Freo. It should be only the top side who is clear from second that can do not other teams in the 8 is my view.

I hope North fall on their sword.

If some upsets happen it will stuff up Norths thinking that it's a gimme they play us in the 1 st final. Sometimes there are no gimmes in life, but they found a loop hole and exploiting it and the AFL can't do a thing now as clearly they set a precedence changing this rule after what Ross did two years ago , which got his team into a GF and nearly pulled it off.

Personally I wouldn't flirt with form but in saying that I'm sure some players at the Tigers could have used a week off to freshen up for a full on assault.

If North goes ahead with its plan let's hope we have no injuries, no suspensions and don't embarrass ourselves and lose to their B team.

waiting said:
North doing what's written within the rules but clearly manipulating a lop hole!

Filthy we can't as according to some stats I saw in the paper we can't paste or quote that out of the top 8 sides we have players who have played more games and game time minutes!

Good one Freo. It should be only the top side who is clear from second that can do not other teams in the 8 is my view.

I hope North fall on their sword.

If some upsets happen it will stuff up Norths thinking that it's a gimme they play us in the 1 st final. Sometimes there are no gimmes in life, but they found a loop hole and exploiting it and the AFL can't do a thing now as clearly they set a precedence changing this rule after what Ross did two years ago , which got his team into a GF and nearly pulled it off.

Personally I wouldn't flirt with form but in saying that I'm sure some players at the Tigers could have used a week off to freshen up for a full on assault.

If North goes ahead with its plan let's hope we have no injuries, no suspensions and don't embarrass ourselves and lose to their B team.

lol

the horror

the horror !!

As someone has just said on Twitter the AFL love the prospect of Tiger fan$ filling the G the following week. They have no real interest in North trying to win this week either. Mind you I don't fancy another trip to Adelaide to face the Crows.

If we hadn't have ballsed up the last few minutes against Freo we could be resting players as well.

You reap what you sow.

Tiger Pops said:
Prove the resting policy does not work, no different to many teams who look "rusty" after the mid year bye.

i think you will find that qualifying final winners have a pretty good record in the prelim (after a week off)

Tigers of Old said:
As someone has just said on Twitter the AFL love the prospect of Tiger fan$ filling the G the following week. They have no real interest in North trying to win this week either. Mind you I don't fancy another trip to Adelaide to face the Crows.

the afl cant do squat about it

they have no power - "you must play maric in the ruck"

toby64 said:
If we hadn't have ballsed up the last few minutes against Freo we could be resting players as well.

You reap what you sow.

we can rest 22

Mantikorr said:
This is my concern too. A few errant knees in contests is all it would take.
Lids, Ivvy, Cotch, Rance, Jack should be rested i think

Its also the retaliation factor. Don't want any of our guys getting rubbed out for something stupid.

Tiger Pops said:
We already did that when we played Melbourne this year ;D

no, we played our apparent best side and go rolled

i propose 'tanking', if you will, by not playing our better players to rest them

Tiger Pops said:
We already did that when we played Melbourne this year ;D

The odds for the Melbourne game were similar to those of Friday night from memory.

I get jittery when the Tigers are so short.