Beating North melbourne | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Beating North melbourne

IanG said:
So much for the AFL enforcing that new rule. There is a clear difference between Freo and Norf but really either is tanking, no different from doing it at the other end of the ladder.

yes tanking, but with different objectives

tanking at the bottom of the ladder is in order to get a better draft pick

tanking by North is in order to win a final

North's objective is the same as Freo's.

toby64 said:
On Crownbet, which does the odds on the AFL website, Tigers are $1.14 and Roos $5.75.

Punters assuming North will rest players. Odds way out of whack otherwise.

I just feel that that we would also beat their best team this week, and next week.
I think North can feel it coming too.

Our recent form has been great
8/2.

An away loss to adelaide who have game at AO.
We had a great game v Freo and we were dumb and threw it away.

North know what's coming: they are bunkering down tomorrow night.
Their B team will be instructed to go the biff, slides, knees and elbows.
Guaranteed.

its just me but is there a fear that we will be a laughing stock if we drop this game should North rest 10 or so!!??

Also, how pi$$ed off would the crows be knowing that a home Final would depend of North defeating Richmond on Friday night.

Tiger Pops said:
its just me but is there a fear that we will be a laughing stock if we drop this game should North rest 10 or so!!??

No its not just you.

Time to possibly be brave and win WITHOUT Lids.

If Delidio is sore post the WWE tackle then rest him. Maybe we can tinker a little too??? Maybe a game Chris Knights can see if he can be the wild card for Finals?? Give Conca a make or break run too?

Out: Thomas, Delidio, Newman.
In: Cotch, Knights, Conca

I'm a bit of an Eeyore at times but I'm not worried about tomorrow night if our players get through unscathed.

I hope Cotch doesn't get a corky, lids doesn't get a broken neck, and Jack ...
Jacks jumping screamers in the wet last week were just silly and risky.

Tiger Pops said:
Time to possibly be brave and win WITHOUT Lids.

If Delidio is sore post the WWE tackle then rest him. Maybe we can tinker a little too??? Maybe a game Chris Knights can see if he can be the wild card for Finals?? Give Conca a make or break run too?

Out: Thomas, Delidio, Newman.
In: Cotch, Knights, Conca

We need to win this week.
Losing with a down and sorry Knights or conca on the bench with a red vest and an ice pack won't help us.

We play our best 22, and hope we win (we should flog them) and hope we don't have injured players.

Tigerland have a job to do

I reckon the Tiges should play as hard as possible, focussing on playing our way

Don't put too much time into oppo analysis as their team will have a lot of B graders

we should have a big lead at 3/4 time and then 'cruise' the last quarter.

I was happy with Goldstein, Petrie and Harvey out. I have played around with the ladder predictor, a Richmond win tomorrow night its almost a lock for a 2nd Richmond v North game the following week.

Making a mockery of round 23 !!!

Tiger Pops said:
I was happy with Goldstein, Petrie and Harvey out. I have played around with the ladder predictor, a Richmond win tomorrow night its almost a lock for a 2nd Richmond v North game the following week.

Making a mockery of round 23 !!!

Yep - norfs best players extra fit and fresh for finals

vs. tired richmond who played the best the week before

:help

nqtiger said:
Isn't this match fixing?

there are no rules you have to play the 'best 22'

and if there are - the afl are just making crap up as they go a long

personally i am very frustrated richmond are trying to win meaningless games without looking two weeks forward to the big picture. And jealous of Freo and norf which are managing the squad in a sensible manner, in an attempt to win finals. Not round 23

Petrie has said Boomer and himself will be playing. So it's not a given just the older players will be rested.

Imagine if we do the same thing, that would leave lolnorf running around clearly wanting to lose. I think we can afford to rest 3-4. Miles. JR. Vlas maybe. Alex if he felt he needed it.

I'd laugh so hard if somehow the Suns beat the Swans, moving us into 4th, and Bulldogs either lose or don't win by enough over Brisbane to get ahead of either of us and North had to go play Sydney up there for their final!