Beating North melbourne | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Beating North melbourne

evo said:
no. Every time we have done that this year we have lost.

It's essential we go man on man from the first bounce.

We might well go man on man early next week but we can't do it all game.

Shifting gears not only keeps the opp guessing but helps conserve energy.

I think we can win fairly easily if we can can switch the ball in the backline and use the ball well moving forward. If North force us to go long down the line it's going to be difficult. Our forward line is going to be undersized against North so we need to be able to hit our more mobile forwards up. If we are forced into slow entries and long high balls Tarrant and Hansen will pick us off all day and set up their sling shot counter punching style of play.

By the way

The Last time brandy ellis wasn't in our top 6 possession getters, we lost.

Haw 27 Adel 17 suns 29 Coll 31 Ess 24 Nth 26

He's averaging 27.4 touches without the Adelaide game

He was -10 for that game.

Clinton said:
Can't pick a better team I'd love to knock out first week of the finals! Prob my least favourite team are Norf. Starting to get excited!!

The only team in the 8 that if they somehow won the lot, they wouldn't deserve it.

Poor year until the 6 games in a row against rubbish opposition.

Snuck in to the 8 but seem to be already thinking about week 2.

mexican_radio said:
Last week Norf had to check with the AFL to make 9 changes.
Will they need to check again this week?

:hihi

Imagine that, all the *smile* the integrity unit copped during the week, they crack down and only let Freo and N0rt bring in 3 players each.

What's gonna happen with Goldsein?

We might struggle if Goldstein has a big day.....Ivan has had trouble against him in the past (like most other rucks in the league).....Should TV spend more time in the ruck on Sunday?

Re: What's gonna happen with Goldsein?

Goldstien is the worry...
Maric has been smashed on two or three occasions this season.
has had a good year the Mullet, but he isnt up to Goldsteins class.
Ill back our coaches in.

Watch the Freo game same as we handled Sandilands

btoz_01 said:
Watch the Freo game same as we handled Sandilands

Watch the first Norf game

Or wce game

God bless Ivan. But nicnat/goldie are guns

67 special said:
We might struggle if Goldstein has a big day.....Ivan has had trouble against him in the past (like most other rucks in the league).....Should TV spend more time in the ruck on Sunday?
He'll have to I think. Last time in Tassie, Griff was hurt early and Ivan had to it all on his own against Goldstein and consequently Goldstein was just about BOG. In terms of agility, I think Ty has Griff covered to be honest. Griff can outmark him, but then he can't kick the goal and Ty can do that. I still really want to see Ivan out there as well, the man is a warrior, the rest of the team walk taller with him around geeing them up.

Clearances

Stats indicate Cunnington 7 Swallow 5 and Ziebell 5 are their top 3 for average game clearances.

Goldstein 4 will be under-pinning that obviously.

So We have miles 5 cotchin 5 maric 3

And I know averages can be a pretty mean indication. ;)

So we can budget to get break evens on miles v Swallow ; cotchin v Ziebell; Maric v Goldstein.

We somehow need to make sure Cunnington has a crap day.

Other clearance players

Grigg 3 Martin 3 edwards 3 ellis 2 lids 2 & Lambo 2 give support.
Dal Santo 2 Bastinac 2 Harvey 2 Jacobs 2

We bat deeper, but that only helps if we nullify Cunnington. According to averages.

So what about sending hunt to Cunnington. Hunt isn't one of our clearance players because he's used as a stopper.
Handbreak Hunt.

But wait.

One of our guys averages 5 clearances a game.

He's only totalled 10 so he's down the radar a bit but he's pretty high 5 in averages.

And he's snuck in some match practice lately.
I'd like to see him named on the bench, but sneak him on after three minutes.

He's out secret weapon, averages 5 clearances and I won't name him but he hasn't got much hair.

DirtyDogTiger said:
Clearances

Stats indicate Cunnington 7 Swallow 5 and Ziebell 5 are their top 3 for average game clearances.

Goldstein 4 will be under-pinning that obviously.

So We have miles 5 cotchin 5 maric 3

And I know averages can be a pretty mean indication. ;)

So we can budget to get break evens on miles v Swallow ; cotchin v Ziebell; Maric v Goldstein.

We somehow need to make sure Cunnington has a crap day.

Other clearance players

Grigg 3 Martin 3 edwards 3 ellis 2 lids 2 & Lambo 2 give support.
Dal Santo 2 Bastinac 2 Harvey 2 Jacobs 2

We bat deeper, but that only helps if we nullify Cunnington. According to averages.

So what about sending hunt to Cunnington. Hunt isn't one of our clearance players because he's used as a stopper.
Handbreak Hunt.

But wait.

One of our guys averages 5 clearances a game.

He's only totalled 10 so he's down the radar a bit but he's pretty high 5 in averages.

And he's snuck in some match practice lately.
I'd like to see him named on the bench, but sneak him on after three minutes.

He's out secret weapon, averages 5 clearances and I won't name him but he hasn't got much hair.

my fear is,

i dont think grigg is very good

and hardwick seems to like tagging midfielders with grigg

i like hunt to harvey, however

By the way

We baked them for clearances last time despite cunnington and swallow getting 8 clearances.

What we sucked at was rebounds.
We couldn't get the ball outside their 50 as well as they did.
And we gave up a lot of goals.

I think we've fixed that since round 6

And griffiths was off injured as usual, quite early.