Beating North melbourne | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Beating North melbourne

DirtyDogTiger said:
By the way

We baked them for clearances last time despite cunnington and swallow getting 8 clearances.

What we sucked at was rebounds.
We couldn't get the ball outside their 50 as well as they did.
And we gave up a lot of goals.

I think we've fixed that since round 6

And griffiths was off injured as usual, quite early.

its been the same issue since hardwick / scott took over

tactically we struggle against the norf defensive style with everyone defending behind the ball at time, and the fast rebound is often too clean / quick for us

at other times then defend very hard, forward press, like the weekend (1st half) and if houli / rance get held we struggle for any run or rebound. resort to kicking down the like malthouse style

spook said:
What???!! When did this happen!?

You should post it in every thread just in case someone misses it. :sarcasm

:blah

And Chaplin as well, in case anyone has missed it

DirtyDogTiger said:
By the way

We baked them for clearances last time despite cunnington and swallow getting 8 clearances.

What we sucked at was rebounds.
We couldn't get the ball outside their 50 as well as they did.
And we gave up a lot of goals.

I think we've fixed that since round 6

And griffiths was off injured as usual, quite early.

We are stronger and more attacking team compared to the Tassie game. Compare the outputs of

Vickery verses Griffiths
Lloyd verses Morris
Lennon verses Gordon
Lambert verses Astbury

Compound that with Griffith going down early in the game and Thomas (North) kicking those 5 goals and he looks very doubtful to start.

The only issue for us is structure - will they get ascendancy with all their talls or does that suit us with our more mobile team.

I hope they bring in Wells - good player but you would have to think he would be underdone

DirtyDogTiger said:
Clearances

Stats indicate Cunnington 7 Swallow 5 and Ziebell 5 are their top 3 for average game clearances.

Goldstein 4 will be under-pinning that obviously.

So We have miles 5 cotchin 5 maric 3

And I know averages can be a pretty mean indication. ;)

So we can budget to get break evens on miles v Swallow ; cotchin v Ziebell; Maric v Goldstein.

We somehow need to make sure Cunnington has a crap day.

Other clearance players

Grigg 3 Martin 3 edwards 3 ellis 2 lids 2 & Lambo 2 give support.
Dal Santo 2 Bastinac 2 Harvey 2 Jacobs 2

We bat deeper, but that only helps if we nullify Cunnington. According to averages.

So what about sending hunt to Cunnington. Hunt isn't one of our clearance players because he's used as a stopper.
Handbreak Hunt.

But wait.

One of our guys averages 5 clearances a game.

He's only totalled 10 so he's down the radar a bit but he's pretty high 5 in averages.

And he's snuck in some match practice lately.
I'd like to see him named on the bench, but sneak him on after three minutes.

He's out secret weapon, averages 5 clearances and I won't name him but he hasn't got much hair.
Dal Santo is the perfect match for Grigg. Dal boy is still be pretty creative but he's lazy. Grigg can shut him down when they have the ball and run off him when we have it.

The other match-ups just go head to head. I back our midfield to outperform theirs. Norf have the slowest midfeild in the league. A dry day on the G' and they can be exposed.

DirtyDogTiger said:
Sportsbet tigers 1.64 North 2.30
god damn, I don't think I will be able to stand it if we lose. And to Norf, of all teams.

:nailbiting

It's just dawned on me that if we lose on Sunday we're a) out of the finals and b) kicked out by North.

Man, the nerves, the stress, the tremors. I need to find some xanax quicksmart

evo said:
Norf have the slowest midfeild in the league. A dry day on the G' and they can be exposed.
Your wish is granted. Latest forecast is 23 degrees and a little cloud. No rain.

DirtyDogTiger said:
How has that just dawned on you?

So confident of winning our first final that I didn't even consider an alternative until now

Baloo said:
It's just dawned on me that if we lose on Sunday we're a) out of the finals and b) kicked out by North.

Man, the nerves, the stress, the tremors. I need to find some xanax quicksmart

I hope you can open this photo, https://twitter.com/foxfooty/status/641143997235265536

it looks like it just dawned on Scott and Swallow, that the task is beyond them.

R6 v r23 team differences

Out griffiths astbury morris gordon
The 4 acclimated 32 possessions and 1 goal

In lloyd lambert lennon Vickery
In r23 they got the ball 46 times and 5 goals

year of the tiger said:
We are stronger and more attacking team compared to the Tassie game. Compare the outputs of

Vickery verses Griffiths
Lloyd verses Morris
Lennon verses Gordon
Lambert verses Astbury

Compound that with Griffith going down early in the game and Thomas (North) kicking those 5 goals and he looks very doubtful to start.

The only issue for us is structure - will they get ascendancy with all their talls or does that suit us with our more mobile team.

I hope they bring in Wells - good player but you would have to think he would be underdone

Spot on with all that.
I'm feeling pretty confident.
Let's blanket Cunnington

DirtyDogTiger said:
I hope you can open this photo, https://twitter.com/foxfooty/status/641143997235265536

it looks like it just dawned on Scott and Swallow, that the task is beyond them.

Geez, someone give them a coke and a smile