Beating North melbourne | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Beating North melbourne

I was looking through Norths results.

North were going ok, and then had that crazy thrashing by the GC Suns.
Now North had the bye the round before.
They were obviously affected by the break, just like we were against WCE.

If the bye had that effect on North, it's possible that half the team having a weeks rest from
R23 will have the same effect.

Half the team will be over-rested, the rest will be under-rested.

Brad Scott will be singing this song to Dimma on Sunday afternoon... :hihi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZY9oYSSjFI

DirtyDogTiger said:
League teams on fox footy

Dermie parko Dixon shaw all picked us.

They were unanimous on freo & hawthown too.
they were 3-1 for the Bulldogs I think

Now that's a 4some..Dermie mention tunnelling?

DirtyDogTiger said:
R6 v r23 team differences

Out griffiths astbury morris gordon
The 4 acclimated 32 possessions and 1 goal

In lloyd lambert lennon Vickery
In r23 they got the ball 46 times and 5 goals

How much better does that look!

I reckon there will be niggle and plenty of it. I suspect we are going to take it up to them physically, especially early.

Look for Taylor Hunt to wear Harvey like a glove, and try and annoy him. We will also target the ones we see as softies in their team like Thomas and DalSanto.

This won't be dirty stuff, just the Hawthorn game like physical pressure.

Sintiger said:
I reckon there will be niggle and plenty of it. I suspect we are going to take it up to them physically, especially early.

Look for Taylor Hunt to wear Harvey like a glove, and try and annoy him. We will also target the ones we see as softies in their team like Thomas and DalSanto.

This won't be dirty stuff, just the Hawthorn game like physical pressure.
Do you think Morris sneaks in as the Lindsay Thomas minder? Btw I reckon Lindsay sleeps with the light on.

Smoking Aces said:
Do you think Morris sneaks in as the Lindsay Thomas minder? Btw I reckon Lindsay sleeps with the light on.

Cant let Morris anywhere near the ground.

Finals arent his thing. Been a disaster past two campaigns.

Smoking Aces said:
Morris on Thomas would be a disaster. No-one milks frees harder than Thomas. And no-one is clumsier than Morris.

toby64 said:
Cant let Morris anywhere near the ground.

Finals arent his thing. Been a disaster past two campaigns.
evo said:
Morris on Thomas would be a disaster. No-one milks frees harder than Thomas. And no-one is clumsier than Morris.
Point taken and fair call. :D

Smoking Aces said:
No, I reckon Grimes will play on Thomas and Batch will play 3rd tall, which worries me a bit. Dimma likes Grimes on the small forwards who can take a grab as well because he is quick enough to go with them on the ground.

Sintiger said:
No, I reckon Grimes will play on Thomas and Batch will play 3rd tall, which worries me a bit. Dimma likes Grimes on the small forwards who can take a grab as well because he is quick enough to go with them on the ground.
Batch to Waite
Chaplin to Brown
Rance to Petrie

They will try and push Petrie up the ground and isolate one of Brown or Waite deep in our defence. They will try and cause separation amongst our back 6 and expose them that way.

Tiger Pops said:
We need a start like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fst0PFGDq3I
Thanks for that footage, was on way to Antarctica and listened to this game on the ships radio,great memories let's hope it repeats this week.

Smoking Aces said:
Batch to Waite
Chaplin to Brown
Rance to Petrie

They will try and push Petrie up the ground and isolate one of Brown or Waite deep in our defence. They will try and cause separation amongst our back 6 and expose them that way.

Rance needs to pass Petrie over to someone and stay back patrolling if they try that.

We cant afford to leave the other two matchups alone one on one.

Reckon we all agree its nervous times if Batch/Chappy are left to there own devices against far taller opponents.

Smoking Aces said:
Batch to Waite
Chaplin to Brown
Rance to Petrie

Maybe Batch on Brown who shouldn't be much of a threat.