Beating North melbourne | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Beating North melbourne

North have won 3 out of 9 against the finalists, rich and WCE in Tasmania, and Freo at Etihad.

North v top 8 teams at Etihad

R5
10.10.70 v Hawks 19.16.130. LOSS

R11
10.15.75 v Swans 14.7.91. LOSS

R21
14.10.94 v Freo 12.11.83. WON

R22
10.13.73 v Bulldogs 14.12.96 LOSS

R23
16.12.108 v Richmond 10.6.67. LOSS

NORTH V top 8 teams everywhere else

R1 Adelaide Oval
9.9.63 v Adel 21.14.140. LOSS

R6 - Bellerive Hobart
16.13. 109 v Richmond 10.14.74. WIN

R8 DS - Perth
5.12.42 v Freo 17.13.115 LOSS

R10 Bellerive Hobart
13.7.85 v WCE 10.15.75. WIN

What tactics do we employ next week? Do we start our spare man at the back of the square as we usually do, or do we man up on their spare defender. I prefer we go man on man because I don't think the North defenders are good individually, they rely on their spare man either intercepting or making it a two on one, usually on Jack.

joegarra said:
What tactics do we employ next week? Do we start our spare man at the back of the square as we usually do, or do we man up on their spare defender. I prefer we go man on man because I don't think the North defenders are good individually, they rely on their spare man either intercepting or making it a two on one, usually on Jack.

As I said in the Hardwick thread, I think we allow loose men in the first half and make it an arm wrestle.

After half time we will man up and flick the switch.

This is as much about energy conservation as it is about scoreboard pressure.

joegarra said:

As a more learned, than I, poster wrote sometime in the not to distant past... Have a jumper go up over Goldstein at all rucks around the ground. If they practise this, the jumper could even plan to hit the ball to designated areas and into the hands of a runner. Worked well for the 'Dogs against this mob not long ago and will be of great help in an area that is a glaring deficiency we have against them.

Also, need to watch Higgins.

Carter said:
As I said in the Hardwick thread, I think we allow loose men in the first half and make it an arm wrestle.
no. Every time we have done that this year we have lost.

It's essential we go man on man from the first bounce.

evo said:
no. Every time we have done that this year we have lost.

It's essential we go man on man from the first bounce.

Yeah. One on one from the start. Stop the overlap. Kill the sling shot. :clap

Can't pick a better team I'd love to knock out first week of the finals! Prob my least favourite team are Norf. Starting to get excited!!

im pretty sure this will be the squad of 25 that North bring out on Thursday
I'm assuming turner and Ziebell recover sufficiently in 9 days.
My Positions won't be perfect

Garner Tarrant Hansen
Firrito Thompson wright
Gibson Ziebell Cunnington
Thomas Waite Higgins
Nahas Brown Petrie

Goldstein swallow Harvey
Dalsanto Bastinac Jacobs turner atley macmillion turner
Atley

DirtyDogTiger said:
im pretty sure this will be the squad of 25 that North bring out on Thursday
I'm assuming turner and Ziebell recover sufficiently in 9 days.
My Positions won't be perfect

Garner Tarrant Hansen
Firrito Thompson wright
Gibson Ziebell Cunnington
Thomas Waite Higgins
Nahas Brown Petrie

Goldstein swallow Harvey
Dalsanto Bastinac Jacobs turner atley macmillion turner
Atley
Turner was out cold before he hit the ground, be a brave doctor that would clear him to play.

I see in the Hun that Petrie is whinging about Rance and other Tiges defenders tunnelling the opposition under the ball. Call me cynical but I don't doubt he's said it to put the umpires on notice for next Sunday's game. The mind games have commenced.

Go Toigs! said:
I see in the Hun that Petrie is whinging about Rance and other Tiges defenders tunnelling the opposition under the ball. Call me cynical but I don't doubt he's said it to put the umpires on notice for next Sunday's game. The mind games have commenced.
Yeah, I read that one and wondered if Drew wanted some cheese to go with his whine.