Andrew Lovett suspended indefinately by Saints | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Andrew Lovett suspended indefinately by Saints

Gee, Lovett has really thrown it away hasn't he.

I mean, I don't know if he is guilty here or anything, but after what he went through at Essendon, then his early stuff up with the Saints, to find yourself even close to being accused in this situation is just silly.

Sorry Saints, but I think you have made a blue.

brigadiertiger said:
If I was to do that I would be suspended from my job whilst it was investigated and any court proceedings if any and if found guilty I would be immediately unemployed.

I'm sure a good number of people would Brig - but TF doesn;t seem to think it's an issue. Go figure?

Lovett interviewed yesterday.Michael Gleeson said sources told him Lovett is claiming the female consented so it then becomes a he said she said.No decision on whether he will be charged for several weeks apparently.

A report in the herald Sun suggested Lovett will be charged with rape.That being the case you would think his AFL career is over.

"Andrew will not be involved with the club in any shape or form until a further decision is made."

Club chief executive Michael Nettlefold would not speculate on Lovett's AFL future.

Asked if Lovett would pull on a Saints jumper, he replied: "I would prefer not to answer that question - it's not appropriate for me to answer that question."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,26570342-23211,00.html

Adds weight to the rumour that he's been ostracised by the players.

mb64 said:
A report in the herald Sun suggested Lovett will be charged with rape.That being the case you would think his AFL career is over.

Gawn. Hard to get a game when your stuck in jail.

There is something a bit smelly here....
A single girl willingly goes home with a single AFL footballer, then is supposedly raped by the player....

The first person she calls is her ex-boyfriend, who is also an AFL footballer????
Is it just me or wouldn't you think that you would call the police? or a close friend? or a family member?

I personally think Lovett is a creep and if he did it, he belongs in jail..... but if this charge is thrown out, it will not be the first time that a girl has cried foul in an attempt to muster up some attention or spark a bit of jealously.
Also if this is found to be a false alarm, the girl in question will never be made accountable for her actions so she really has nothing to lose.

Add 'taking home women' to the growing list of things that AFL players will soon not be able to do.

rickyvaughn99 said:
There is something a bit smelly here....
A single girl willingly goes home with a single AFL footballer, then is supposedly raped by the player....

The first person she calls is her ex-boyfriend, who is also an AFL footballer????
Is it just me or wouldn't you think that you would call the police? or a close friend? or a family member?

I personally think Lovett is a creep and if he did it, he belongs in jail..... but if this charge is thrown out, it will not be the first time that a girl has cried foul in an attempt to muster up some attention or spark a bit of jealously.
Also if this is found to be a false alarm, the girl in question will never be made accountable for her actions so she really has nothing to lose.

Add 'taking home women' to the growing list of things that AFL players will soon not be able to do.

you might wanna read the article again.

If there's an ounce of truth to the papers comment that he supposedly broke down and told teammates he'd stuffed up then you'd think he's in deep *smile*. The prosecuters would be all over his teammates like a rash and ripping them through the trial process.

TigerMasochist said:
If there's an ounce of truth to the papers comment that he supposedly broke down and told teammates he'd stuffed up then you'd think he's in deep sh!t. The prosecuters would be all over his teammates like a rash and ripping them through the trial process.

Last time I checked you can't convict a person on hearsay. it will get down to a him versus her as to whether consent took place. And in that situation he will beat the charge. I'm not going to go in and bat for any rapist - in fact I think they should be castrated then hung (along with murderers); but, it wouldn't be the first time a female has said no when she means yes, or yes when she means no.

tiger12 said:
Last time I checked you can't convict a person on hearsay. it will get down to a him versus her as to whether consent took place. And in that situation he will beat the charge. I'm not going to go in and bat for any rapist - in fact I think they should be castrated then hung (along with murderers); but, it wouldn't be the first time a female has said no when she means yes, or yes when she means no.

Exactly right. Innocent until proven guilty and stupid St Kilda shouldn't waste their pre-season training by going around with 1 player less.

TigerForce said:
Exactly right. Innocent until proven guilty and stupid St Kilda shouldn't waste their pre-season training by going around with 1 player less.

His AFL career is most likely cactus, and we're all wiser in hindsight. St.Kilda is good enough to cover 1 player.

TigerForce said:

Pretty pointless letting him train if he's already been ostracised by the rest of the playing group. Much like Carey at North and Fev at Carlton.