Andrew Lovett suspended indefinately by Saints | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Andrew Lovett suspended indefinately by Saints

jb03 said:
Why do the AFL have to re-act only to illegal acts. The woman's actions beyond the event should be irrelevant. There are many other ways to bring the AFL into disrepute. I would say Fevola's antics on the night could easily be construed as bringing the game into disrepute. Cousins was punished despite not being convicted. And also, many players break the law but do not suffer any retribution from the AFL. So illegal behaviour does not correspond to AFL action. Easy cop out from the AFL - I suspect they had a hand in shipping him to Brisbane.

That's fine. I agree, he did bring the game into disrepute. But taking that incident out, and without a complaint you have to, all he did was be very publicly and very obnoxiously drunk. Happy for the AFL to take action there, but the precedent they would set is massive. How many AFL players are publicly drunk through the course of an AFL season?

Total Tiger said:
How many AFL players are publicly drunk through the course of an AFL season?

That depends on how far you want to go back >:D I can recall StKilda players being drunk virtually every weekend at Transformers, won't mention names but they were a real bunch of pi$$ants back then.

Tiger Force in most instances, if charges are laid, it takes months for them to be charged given the Brief of Evidence goes through chains of command for checking and finally consideration to approval.

Phar Ace said:
That depends on how far you want to go back >:D I can recall StKilda players being drunk virtually every weekend at Transformers, won't mention names but they were a real bunch of pi$$ants back then.

If you remember Transformers, you weren't trying hard enough. ;)

Total Tiger said:
If you remember Transformers, you weren't trying hard enough. ;)
Is that place still operating?

Funny. I thought Phar Ace was more of a Chasers bloke back in the early 80s. ;D

TigerForce said:
Is that place still operating?

Funny. I thought Phar Ace was more of a Chasers bloke back in the early 80s. ;D

Yeah, that too :hihi Get up and boogie, aaaahhh Freak out, la freak, la......, on the rivers of Babylon..............., actually, that was like about 1978/9

Actually in the 80's I was in downtown Bundaberg - most eligible bachelor status too. Tails was skateboarding around Pialba and U2 was probably just starting school - but I'd seen 5 glorious premierships in 14 years ;D

Phar Ace said:
Yeah, that too :hihi Get up and boogie, aaaahhh Freak out, la freak, la......, on the rivers of Babylon..............., actually, that was like about 1978/9

Actually in the 80's I was in downtown Bundaberg - most eligible bachelor status too. Tails was skateboarding around Pialba and U2 was probably just starting school - but I'd seen 5 glorious premierships in 14 years ;D
Disco was earlier, I suppose you got into new wave a bit at the Chasers and a bit of Oz rock at the Espy? ;D

TigerForce said:
Disco was earlier, I suppose you got into new wave a bit at the Chasers and a bit of Oz rock at the Espy? ;D

Definately 78/79 with the mirror balls on Bay Rd........ Josephines I think they called it.....Your memory might be in dementia mode mate :hihi

Phar Ace said:
Definately 78/79 with the mirror balls ........ Your memory might be in dementia mode mate :hihi

Disco up to 1979 like you said, but I'm asking if you got into new wave from late 1979 upto 1983?

TigerForce said:
Disco up to 1979 like you said, but I'm asking if you got into new wave from late 1979 upto 1983?

An I said I was in Bundaberg, the closest thing to new wave there was the first set at Bargara Beach. Ur talking Duran Duran and Boy George r u. City slicker music! We were still enjoying Chisel, a bit of Tattoo and Akadacka

Phar Ace said:
An I said I was in Bundaberg, the closest thing to new wave there was the first set at Bargara Beach. Ur talking Duran Duran and Boy George r u. City slicker music! We were still enjoying Chisel, a bit of Tattoo and Akadacka

Sorry I thought you headed north either recently or with the mass exodus during the 1991 recession. ;D

Didn't realise you left Vic 30 years ago.

Nuh not Duran Duran....they were for the girls. I'm talking about Gary Numan, Steve Strange, Simple Minds, Split Enz, Icehouse, The Church to name a few.

Oz rock was great with Chisels, Oils, Aus Crawl, ACDC (Bon days), Rose Tattoo.......too many to mention.

TigerForce said:
Sorry I thought you headed north either recently or with the mass exodus during the 1991 recession. ;D

Didn't realise you left Vic 30 years ago.

Came back 1987 for 10 years of footy and an education :hihi But that was as much of the cold as I could stand that time round :-X

Phar Ace said:
Came back 1987 for 10 years of footy and an education :hihi But that was as much of the cold as I could stand that time round :-X

Oh well I might be heading for Maroochydore for 4 days on Jan 7.......maybe not sure yet.

Phar Ace said:
Ironman event? Or the Scrapbooking Fair;D

Nuh just travelling with the family to give the nephew and little nieces a great experience......unless those torrential rains arrive again. ;D

They're going but I'm undecided still.

I'll shout you a beer at O'Malley's if you make it - check to see if MB is up here then too (checking out his latest condominium purchase probably - nearly owns all of Mooloolaba by now :-X)

Phar Ace said:
I'll shout you a beer at O'Malley's if you make it - check to see if MB is up here then too (checking out his latest condominium purchase probably - nearly owns all of Mooloolaba by now :-X)

Don't shout just let mb64 put it on the house then. ;D

TigerForce said:
If I decided to go into the next bedroom where a lady is sleeping and roughly undressed her (rape?), would I be sacked from employment? No.

If I was to do that I would be suspended from my job whilst it was investigated and any court proceedings if any and if found guilty I would be immediately unemployed.