Andrew Lovett suspended indefinately by Saints | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Andrew Lovett suspended indefinately by Saints

YinnarTiger said:
Pretty pointless letting him train if he's already been ostracised by the rest of the playing group. Much like Carey at North and Fev at Carlton.

Maybe so, but I find the St Kilda players' public comments very childish. Then again, we haven't read or heard any actual quotes from their players have we?

YinnarTiger said:
Pretty pointless letting him train if he's already been ostracised by the rest of the playing group. Much like Carey at North and Fev at Carlton.
Exactly

rickyvaughn99 said:
There is something a bit smelly here....
A single girl willingly goes home with a single AFL footballer, then is supposedly raped by the player....

The first person she calls is her ex-boyfriend, who is also an AFL footballer????
Is it just me or wouldn't you think that you would call the police? or a close friend? or a family member?

I personally think Lovett is a creep and if he did it, he belongs in jail..... but if this charge is thrown out, it will not be the first time that a girl has cried foul in an attempt to muster up some attention or spark a bit of jealously.
Also if this is found to be a false alarm, the girl in question will never be made accountable for her actions so she really has nothing to lose.

Add 'taking home women' to the growing list of things that AFL players will soon not be able to do.

Can tell you now I have heard what happened from someone close to the saints and he is in a lot of trouble!

tiger12 said:
Read my 4th sentence you self-righteous clowns!!

tiger12 said:
I'm not going to go in and bat for any rapist - in fact I think they should be castrated then hung (along with murderers); but, it wouldn't be the first time a female has said no when she means yes, or yes when she means no.

yep, read it again.
you should still be embarrassed.

tiger12 said:
Read my 4th sentence you self-righteous clowns!!

Here is your 4th sentence:

tiger12 said:
I'm not going to go in and bat for any rapist - in fact I think they should be castrated then hung (along with murderers); but, it wouldn't be the first time a female has said no when she means yes, or yes when she means no.

The second half of that sentence (following the semi-colon) totally negates the sentiment you put in the first half and quite frankly is a disgrace. As Brodders said, you should be embarrassed.

Brodders17 said:
yep, read it again.
you should still be embarrassed.
Total Tiger said:
Here is your 4th sentence:

The second half of that sentence (following the semi-colon) totally negates the sentiment you put in the first half and quite frankly is a disgrace. As Brodders said, you should be embarrassed.

I'll stand by what I've said. Not all females are as pure as the driven snow; oh, except for you TT. (Mind you, that applies to males as well).

Total Tiger said:

Agreed, it is still offensive.

tiger12 said:
I'll stand by what I've said. Not all females are as pure as the driven snow; oh, except for you TT. (Mind you, that applies to males as well).

The fact that I am female does not excuse your statement. May I remind you of a woman's right (legally and morally) to say no, regardless of whether foreplay has commenced with consent. A man has the same right, to be honest. So have a good look at your statement and if that sums up your beliefs, then I feel sorry for you and any woman who comes in your path. I hope you do not have daughters.

tiger12 said:
You need to get out and experience life a bit more.

You should have paid more attention in legal studies at school. As Total Tiger has said, a woman can pull the pin (so to speak) at any stage and has the right to say no at any stage of the sex act, including half way through. Like it or lump it T12, that is called rape.

Not sure what you are suggesting is the alternative, force her to finish regardless of any second thoughts she may have? You need to get with the times here, and regardless about what you are implying about women saying no when they mean yes, I hazard a guess that the number of men being falesly accused would be miniscule compared to the number of sexual assualts that go either unreported or unpunished.

This thread has taken a bit of an emotional turn. Whilst right now it doesn't look great for Lovett, it's still only an accusation.
That has happened certainly before when it wasn't rape and was found to be consensual.
Bottom line is if Lovett's charged and found guilty it will come out in the courts and he will be punished accordingly, until then he has a right to innocence.

Tigers of Old said:
This thread has taken a bit of an emotional turn. Whilst right now it doesn't look great for Lovett, it's still only an accusation.
That has happened certainly before when it wasn't rape and was found to be consensual.
Bottom line is if Lovett's charged and found guilty it will come out in the courts and he will be punished accordingly, until then he has a right to innocence.

I agree. I know two blokes that we accused of rape, both never denied having sex with the women, but bot got off cause the women changed there story. One cause she was married and the other because she had a boyfriend, they were covering there own arse. This is something that will stay with him now for the rest of his life, even if found innocent. Very hard to prove when only 2 people were there. I feel very sorry for her if he did do it, but even worst for him if he didn't. This will cost him thousands, his career and is social life to try and prove he's innocent

innocent till provem guilty.

ParisAmos said:
I agree. I know two blokes that we accused of rape, both never denied having sex with the women, but bot got off cause the women changed there story. One cause she was married and the other because she had a boyfriend, they were covering there own arse. This is something that will stay with him now for the rest of his life, even if found innocent. Very hard to prove when only 2 people were there. I feel very sorry for her if he did do it, but even worst for him if he didn't. This will cost him thousands, his career and is social life to try and prove he's innocent

innocent till provem guilty.

This is the point I was making, without having to spell it out for the children on this site. At no stage have I tried to defend Lovett. At no stage have I tried to condone the act of rape. And at no stage am I trying to denigrate women in general. And if a person (generally a male) is found guilty and convicted of rape then he deserves to cop the full force of the law (which imo is not harsh enough). However, in relation to sexual activity, I am aware of (as you have outlined PA) situations where after consenting, the female has experienced a guilt trip for reasons best known to herself, and tried to blame the male to cover her own backside. This happens in life, you might not like it, but it happens.