Andrew Browne | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Andrew Browne

geoffryprettyboy said:
Going down by that margin to any team is hard to take.

Anyway back to Browne.

Is he related to Richard Lounder?
Did Lounder ever run anyone down like Browne did today?

ZeroGame said:

Browne is a better build, with the side airbags and traction control and massive shorts. In Lounder's days this technology was never around.

geoffryprettyboy said:
Browne is a better build, with the side airbags and traction control and massive shorts. In Lounder's days this technology was never around.

Heh heh heh. Good form, gpb.

Baloo said:
i can just picture gbp singing "Bad bad ranga browne, baddest ruckman in the whole darn town" in the shower tonight
You've just gotta keep those kinda thoughts to yourself Baloo, I just know I'm gunna have nightmares.

ZeroGame said:

if Browne playes one more I think he beats lounders game record.

Any chance that GPB has put the toys back in the cot?

Ranting on the Ranga after yesterday is far too easy. Look at the midfield of Tuck and Jackson.

Both honest battlers but 1990's footballers.

The Ranga is no scape goat, most def a keeper.

Give big Red time. The little blokes like Eddo have come on this year. Big blokes take more time they keep telling us so in a year or so Gus and Brown should be staring.

I really like our ruck stocks... they seem ordinary and raw atm but all are young. Vickery may seem ordinary but give him 3 years... long wait but he will deliver, hold back ur pitch and forks a little longer people... Graham's year is next year and Browne is 2-3 years away from having a consistent impact as well.

He got 6 hitouts from 31 ruck contests and was beaten by Hampon, which is slightly disappointing considering he's only going to make it as a tap ruck man. However you have to cut him some slack because he's playing guys who are 2-3 games ahead of him.

TV's not exactly making a strong case for inclusion in the 2'nds, but if he was playing well there would be a case for rotating BRB out now.

On our ruck stocks , I see Browne hopefully been a handy back up, Graham as an a emergencies emergency and TV as more of a KF. Wont be surprised to see us ad a recycled ruck around the 24 year old bracket, and no doubt will add at least one 200cm+ doofus ;D

CC TIGER said:
On our ruck stocks , I see Browne hopefully been a handy back up, Graham as an a emergencies emergency and TV as more of a KF. Wont be surprised to see us ad a recycled ruck around the 24 year old bracket, and no doubt will add at least one 200cm+ doofus ;D

I would be happy if we added another ruckman to the roster via the rookie draft.

I am comfortable with the development of our existing rucks, however another is required. I would not be fussed if it was an 18 year old or a 24 year old.

CC TIGER said:

We are dead last in hitout differential in the AFL this year, and daylight is second last. That makes acquiring a read to go player very tempting. But the problem is they are so hard to come by in the AFL, you have to give a 1st or second rounder for someone even moderately decent. Plenty used to *smile* about Patto when he played for us, but he's about the standard of player you get for free as a mature ruck.

I reckon we have to suck it up, keep drafting rucks and hope a few of them come good.

SCOOP said:
Any chance that GPB has put the toys back in the cot?

Ranting on the Ranga after yesterday is far too easy. Look at the midfield of Tuck and Jackson.

Both honest battlers but 1990's footballers.

The Ranga is no scape goat, most def a keeper.

Give me his qualities scoop so I can look more carefully next time when he plays. Do you see him becoming our first ruck?

CC TIGER said:

go through my posts and every 10th post is asking for a 24 year old ruck. Would like a younger ruck as well. TV as a fwd who can ruck is a good idea.

I rate Graham, moves well around the ground and has shown in a number of games he has second efforts, takes marks, and can compete in the ruck... Graham will prove all doubters wrong, im very confident in him. He needs just 1 more pre season to lift that tank a little more and get some more ruck smarts. We have to support our players people

BillyJean17 said:
patto never won a tapout , few lousy possies on a good day bout all

And yet was still the best option the Saints could find as a stop gap mature ruck