Andrew Browne | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Andrew Browne

impressed with the big ranga, took some quality pack marks 2day....
all of a sudden our ruck stocks look good, gus, browne and vickery how things turn...

Most impressed with his tap work.

Not only gets his hand on it, but seems able to place it very well. Now we just need to learn his hitting zones, or he needs more time to click with the midfield group.

For a 19 year old, off the rookie list playing his 4th game, he is showing some good signs.

Again today he had some nice work around the clearances with some good second efforts and diving on loose balls.

DragicevicFan said:
For a 19 year old, off the rookie list playing his 4th game, he is showing some good signs.

Agreed, I reckon he's tracking better than Mumford was at the same time..............

DragicevicFan said:
Most impressed with his tap work.

Not only gets his hand on it, but seems able to place it very well. Now we just need to learn his hitting zones, or he needs more time to click with the midfield group.

Again today he had some nice work around the clearances with some good second efforts and diving on loose balls.

Well said - think we have a player here who may be a better bet than Graham. The main differences are that Browne is better equiped against the bigger ruckmen and can take a mark around the ground - something Graham hasn't done enough of. Despite what was said in the media post game, Jamar didn't dominate like he has other teams in recent weeks.

Streak said:
Gus seems to have plateaued lately. Hopefully another preseason will see him pick it up and go further.

Probably because he's been playing injured the last couple of weeks.

Big fella did well today. Nice marks, hand balls even kicking. Feels nice with 3 rucks. Vic Gus and Browne in the system

The big Ranga is improving and I am slowly warming up more to him now. He played well yesterday and is getting better in the ruck contests. It's great to have three developing ruckman at the club that are showing that they could be very good players in the future.

One of the positives to come out of yesterdays game.Is gaining confidence with every outing.

poppa x said:

I think he was channelling you through CptJonno2Madcow2005.

And you responded.

Amazing psychic powers that :)

Not a massive fan of the ruckman, unless they are of the ilk of Cox and co, however you apparently must have them ;) so Im happy with the Browne, seems to be improving his marking and I like the way he fights hard on the deck and throws his body around, reckon he will make a handy 2nd stringer