Andrew Browne | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Andrew Browne

Collo said:
I rate Graham, moves well around the ground and has shown in a number of games he has second efforts, takes marks, and can compete in the ruck... Graham will prove all doubters wrong, im very confident in him. He needs just 1 more pre season to lift that tank a little more and get some more ruck smarts. We have to support our players people
Horrible with his hands though. How many times do you see him take a good mark and then dish off, only to miss the target? He must improve this area.

Punxsutawney Phil said:
Horrible with his hands though. How many times do you see him take a good mark and then dish off, only to miss the target? He must improve this area.

It seemed as if it was a team rule to miss with handballs and create a turnover on Saturday.
Browne did it as did most of the team.
The wind was a factor, subordinate though to lack of skill.

BBC said:
It seemed as if it was a team rule to miss with handballs and create a turnover on Saturday.

Missing hanballs is fine when you're 205cm with a bent neck, going the wrong way shows a lack of concentration.

BBC said:
I was actually referring to Graham with his missing by hand. He has done it over and over this year. Brown seems to be a bit better than Gus in this regard.

Certainly, if when you take a mark you are going to look to give off every time, as Gus does unless he is within scoring range, then at the very least you need to be able to hit a target by hand. He turns a Richmond advantage into a 50/50 contest far too many times.

Punxsutawney Phil said:
I was actually referring to Graham with his missing by hand. He has done it over and over this year. Brown seems to be a bit better than Gus in this regard.

Certainly, if when you take a mark you are going to look to give off every time, as Gus does unless he is within scoring range, then at the very least you need to be able to hit a target by hand. He turns a Richmond advantage into a 50/50 contest far too many times.

Ah yes Phil, big Gus hasn't played any good since McPhee smashed him during the Freo game.
His skills are questionable.

geoffryprettyboy said:
Missing hanballs is fine when you're 205cm with a bent neck, going the wrong way shows a lack of concentration.
In his defence the umpire called him to get the free kick and pointed in the wrong direction

ZeroGame said:
In his defence the umpire called him to get the free kick and pointed in the wrong direction

Really? Then I should take back eveything negative about Browne. Well then for Browne's actions going the wrong way, the umpire needs crucifying.

geoffryprettyboy said:
Really? Then I should take back eveything negative about Browne. Well then for Browne's actions going the wrong way, the umpire needs crucifying.
He should still know better, but for a kid in his what 2nd or 3rd game at the time, I imagine his head may have been in the clouds a little bit (especially with his height)

Training the house down apparently, along with Paddy C

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/105872/default.aspx

I see something in Browne.

Shown enough to me to suggest he can be something.

The sub rule won't help him but I think that rule will be in and out in one year.

SCOOP said:
I see something in Browne.

Shown enough to me to suggest he can be something.

The sub rule won't help him but I think that rule will be in and out in one year.

I agree thats probably true, but the pies changed the rules of the game and tHe club was training browne to be a single ruck anyway last year

I saw a game or two for the burg when they were playing Browne as the sole ruck spelled by post

This will get howled down on here but I think the first ruck spot is even money at the minute.

For me there is only a smidge of difference between Gus and Browne despite the difference in games.

With more game time I could see Browne getting better very quickly.

SCOOP said:
This will get howled down on here but I think the first ruck spot is even money at the minute.

For me there is only a smidge of difference between Gus and Browne despite the difference in games.

With more game time I could see Browne getting better very quickly.

I would put the odds at 40-35-25 to Gus- browne- Bo 

As noted in the lade/daily report  Ranga was the only ruck training at the start of the year because Gus had surgery on his ankle.  That gives him a bug shot. The question I have with Browne is whether he has enough leap to win enough hut outs. He's got to be got to be good in the ruck because he's never going to be mobile round the ground

Col.W.Kurtz said:
I agree thats probably true, but the pies changed the rules of the game and tHe club was training browne to be a single ruck anyway last year

I saw a game or two for the burg when they were playing Browne as the sole ruck spelled by post

Well spotted! Re the interchange reduced to 3 next season, Dimma made this comment on SEN recently:

"From our point of view we will probably just reduce a ruckman; were pretty fortunate that trialed it towards the end of last season with just playing the one ruck and Jayden Post pinching in from forward; So we’re very blessed Ty Vickery (a young 20yo old) who can play forward but also can play ruck. So, hopefully we can get Ty up and going and can kick goals for us, as well as help Angus Graham & Andrew Browne in the ruck. So, from our point of view it won’t affect the midfield changes as much but will be the death of the 2nd ruckman, at this stage."

As a fan of Brownie I'd love to see him step up and become our number one ruckman!

tigers_of_old_1980 said:
Well spotted! Re the interchange reduced to 3 next season, Dimma made this comment on SEN recently:

"From our point of view we will probably just reduce a ruckman; were pretty fortunate that trialed it towards the end of last season with just playing the one ruck and Jayden Post pinching in from forward; So we’re very blessed Ty Vickery (a young 20yo old) who can play forward but also can play ruck. So, hopefully we can get Ty up and going and can kick goals for us, as well as help Angus Graham & Andrew Browne in the ruck. So, from our point of view it won’t affect the midfield changes as much but will be the death of the 2nd ruckman, at this stage."

As a fan of Brownie I'd love to see him step up and become our number one ruckman!

Nice, good to hear.

In one of the games I saw Post was beating Josh Fraser in ruck contests...

Col.W.Kurtz said:
Nice, good to hear.

Hopefully he can meet more demanding standards in 2011

Col.W.Kurtz said:
Nice, good to hear.

Probably not saying much C.W.K.

I reckon there would be a lot of young ruckmen that would fancy their chances against Josh.

On Browne, FWIW the difference between him and Gus is simply size. At the moment Browne could not match it with the likes of Jolly, Hudson and most other first rucks. He would be mauled.
While the jury is still out on Graham he at least has the size.

Our rucks still haver a long way to go.