Andrew Browne | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Andrew Browne

josey said:
Probably not saying much C.W.K.

I reckon there would be a lot of young ruckmen that would fancy their chances against Josh.

On Browne, FWIW the difference between him and Gus is simply size. At the moment Browne could not match it with the likes of Jolly, Hudson and most other first rucks. He would be mauled.
While the jury is still out on Graham he at least has the size.

Our rucks still haver a long way to go. 

True, but I prefer to focus on the positives. If I was a darksider I'd probably point out that McNamara, the Pies US import from Milwaukee (of all places!), looked at least as good as Browne. In fact to the uneduacted eye McNamara was actually the best ruck on the ground, but I gave Browne some points because he was playing more minutes.

Col.W.Kurtz said:
True, but I prefer to focus on the positives. If I was a darksider I'd probably point out that McNamara, the Pies US import from Milwaukee (of all places!), looked at least as good as Browne. In fact to the uneduacted eye McNamara was actually the best ruck on the ground, but I gave Browne some points because he was playing more minutes.

Fair enough.

It seems as though he has a long way to go though.

Some things change, some things stay the same.

I like Browne. He'll take a few years to grow into himself but he's a footballer. Takes a strong grab, kicks pretty well, will become a good ruck technician and will be a massive man. Sandilands is the only bloke currently in the league who will be bigger than him in 3-4 years, and he could be gone by then anyway. Don't forget Browne captained the Murray Bushrangers side that won the flag with Sidebottom, Rockliff and co.

evo said:
Post your positive comments here:
OK

168zn84.jpg

+

9qbm2g.jpg

=

f3i7tu.jpg

Lets hope he can give us a better chance of getting the ball to our starting 3 centre square midfielders. IF looks at his man and not the ball, continually jumps early then the problem at Richmond I say is with Lade not out ruckmen. Whilst the current crop will never be elite (or even close) you have to question the technique and tactics Gus has shown this year thus far.

Might be like for like team change but its time for Browne to show us what he’s got.

Id be hoping for

- Better contests at centre bounces,
- Competing better at ball ups and throw ins
- taking more contested marks than Gus (can only recall 1 contested mark this year Gus has taken)
- Resting in the forward line and if not taking marks busting packs for the little ones to pounce on

Give him 2-3 games to stake his claim and in the mean time pray Derixx starts showing something for the burgers.

For those that have been watching the big fella at Coburg recently,what have been his main attributes to warrant selection?

Good ruck work at the level and ability to take the odd contested grab in the few games I've seen. I've got doubts about his athleticism at AFL level, but he does get around the ground OK at Coburg.

tigerdave said:
For those that have been watching the big fella at Coburg recently,what have been his main attributes to warrant selection?

He's not Angus Graham

Good for Brown to get a go. It is important for all our developing rucks to get AFL game time this season.

wammo said:
Good ruck work at the level and ability to take the odd contested grab in the few games I've seen. I've got doubts about his athleticism at AFL level, but he does get around the ground OK at Coburg.

Cheers wammo,We desperately need a quality ruckman.Fingers crossed the big fella goes alright. :clap

Really wish the kid well and hope he proves me wrong but it will be a short stay i believe. The kid is slower than Graham if that is possible. Hopefully the big X is ready after the bye at the latest. Don't care what his Coburg form is like.