2015 Grand Final Day Thread. Hawks Vs Weagles. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2015 Grand Final Day Thread. Hawks Vs Weagles.

Woohoo Onya Hawthorn. Great win. Great team. :clapping

Only criticism I can think of is awful colours but what does that matter compared to sustained excellence. :vomit

TigerForce said:
Totally disagree with Ling. This team is nowhere near as strong as the 80s unit. 7 GFs in a row.

Things are designed for equalisation now yet Hawks trade and draft well and still dominate. A class above the rest in a time 3 premierships in a row should be impossible.

rosy23 said:
Woohoo Onya Hawthorn. Great win. Great team. :clapping

Only criticism I can think of is awful colours but what does that matter compared to sustained excellence. :vomit

Never understood why others hate or make fun of their 2 colours when 1 is ours. I like the gold & brown. Some call us lemons due to the brighter yellow.

Worst jumpers are the Pies....no colour.

TigerForce said:
Grumpy Dennis.... :hihi
:)
To be fair it must be psychologically tough when the free kicks are even at half time instead of 2:1 your way. LOL

As an aside a great tweet by Titus O'reilly

" A mate of mine had a grand final drinking game where he had a drink every time an ad came on. He's dead now " ;D

Did anyone believe this could happen after we got Wallace and they got Clarkson?
2004 feels like it is a million years ago

Agree with you Rosy.

18 team comp
Concessions handed left right centre

Remarkable remarkable achievement

But that Hawk side in the 80"s was awesome as was the Melb team in the 50"s that played as many and were stopped by Collingwood achieving the 4peat!

Jealous and as much as I hate them I'm in awe as I have 3 Hawk mates who are gracious and not big headed like most.

What ifs. . Zip them Wallace us Clarkson ??????

Like his uncle before him Cyril Norm Smith. Congrats!

zippadeee said:
Did anyone believe this could happen after we got Wallace and they got Clarkson?
2004 feels like it is a million years ago

Haha TF you keep bringing up depressing info. To think people on here laughed at Hawks getting stuck with Clarkson while we landed the mighty Terry Wallace. Missed by that much.

waiting said:
Jealous and as much as I hate them I'm in awe as I have 3 Hawk mates who are gracious and not big headed like most.

Yep I am so happy for my son, my grand kids, my sister, my brother, my daughter's partner and my Hawk friends. Same as they'd be happy for me if the tables were reversed. Hawthorn, from my limited experience with them, are very friendly and welcoming. I am genuinely happy for them.

Well done Hawks. To,think I barracked for them for about 24hours when I was about 5.

NicNat. 4 disposals, 0 marks. That should shut the media up for a year or two. Watts probably would have done more. :help

waiting said:
Agree with you Rosy.

18 team comp
Concessions handed left right centre

Remarkable remarkable achievement

Yep and added to that sickness and family death etc affecting key coaches.

TigerForce said:
Was that Ratten crying?

It wouldn't surprise me. I feel so sorry for him. What an emotional roller coaster for him. Losing his son and winning a grand final. So sad.

Sintiger said:
As an aside a great tweet by Titus O'reilly

" A mate of mine had a grand final drinking game where he had a drink every time an ad came on. He's dead now " ;D
Reminded me of why I prefer to watch the games on Fox.