2015 Grand Final Day Thread. Hawks Vs Weagles. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2015 Grand Final Day Thread. Hawks Vs Weagles.

Wouldn't we love to have had Cyril at Tigerland. Maurice would be so proud of him today.

rosy23 said:
Wouldn't we love to have had Cyril at Tigerland. Maurice would be so proud of him today.

Something I keep imagining. I love the 'Cyril' chant he gets from the fans.

Very well done Hawthorn.

A fantastic team who play the game the way it should be played.

Most of the key WCE players would have been destroyed here if they were Tigers. I'm looking at you Priddis, Kennedy, Hurn, LeCras, NicNat, Darling and Yeo.

shad said:
NicNat. 4 disposals, 0 marks. That should shut the media up for a year or two. Watts probably would have done more. :help

He was atrocious. Kennedy goalless for the first game this year was close behind.

Well done Cyril for the NS but had him behind Mitchell.

Tigers of Old said:
Well done Cyril for the NS but had him behind Mitchell.

Yep a few could have won it but Cyril was amazing in setting the standard in the first half. Just had that bit of magic that couldn't help but inspire the team.

It proves gaff 34 touches. 99% of the useless.
Priddis can't kick
NitNat. Vomit
Kennedy. Wants to go back to carlton
LeCrea. Should never play outside WA ever again
Shuey. More hungry then KB
Darling, was Jessie White quality

The only bloke to hold his high would be McGovern

I'm so *smile* envious! Seriously if Hardwick can't get our boys to perform next year.... ARGHHHH!!!

blx said:
I'm so *smile*ing envious! Seriously if Hardwick can't get our boys to perform next year.... ARGHHHH!!!

That's it blx. We can criticise Hawks all we want but what we wouldn't get to achieve their success. Alas we can only dream. Fingers crossed for next season.

rosy23 said:
That's it blx. We can criticise Hawks all we want but what we wouldn't get to achieve their success. Alas we can only dream. Fingers crossed for next season.

No chance Rosy. Pipe dream
Our leaders crumble.
how the hell would we win 1game in a row let alone 3 in September

tommygun said:
Just proves, Eagles are very ordinary without the umpires helping them out!!

The Eagles are *smile*. Earliest draw. Umpires always helping them.
Couldn't happen to a better side. The coach is ordinary too. No emotion won't win you a flag

waiting said:
Agree with you Rosy.

18 team comp
Concessions handed left right centre

Remarkable remarkable achievement
Disagree strongly with this. It's distortions in the draft life cycle over recent years which have meant the AFL have manufactured this result by pure accident.

The AFL ripped the heart out of the draft as Hawthorn became good (in order to build lists at GWS & GC). Hawthorn were therefore an accidental beneficiary, given that it was extremely hard for any middle or lower rung sides to close the gap for 3-6 years of the life cycle. Add to this, their dominant run coinciding with the introduction of free agency, compounding things.

And with the AFL perhaps going to water down free agency to the detriment of top sides, it means that all these unique factors which allowed Hawthorn their 3 in a row will likely never be repeated. No one else will get the same opportunity. The only exception I can think going forward is perhaps the two new sides as their list matures. Again, manufactured by AFL interference.

In summary. Hawthorn got EXTREMELY lucky. But will have to listen to their smug supporters for a *smile*ing generation bang on about the 'three peat' achieved through distortions created by the league itself. God I HATE those *smile*s!

Panthera Tigris said:
In summary. Hawthorn got EXTREMELY lucky.

Yep it started the day we got Wallace leaving them stuck with Clarkson. They've done extremely well no matter how much we dissect and criticise and choke on sour grapes.

TigerForce said:
Never understood why others hate or make fun of their 2 colours when 1 is ours. I like the gold & brown.

Simple. Their colours are those of a dirty nappy. Ours aren't.

Well done hawthorn. Will go down as one of the greatest sides in VFL/AFL history. Clarkson, up there with the greats of coaching

TigerForce said:
Never understood why others hate or make fun of their 2 colours when 1 is ours. I like the gold & brown. Some call us lemons due to the brighter yellow.

Worst jumpers are the Pies....no colour.

I agree about Pies..and would add Carlton to that. Not a big fan of Hawks. Hard colours to work with and they've had some shockers. Having said that I'd prefer awful colours if they brought onfield success.