2015 Grand Final Day Thread. Hawks Vs Weagles. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2015 Grand Final Day Thread. Hawks Vs Weagles.

I still stand by my belief that Cyril is the most overrated player in the league. Mitchell was BOG for mine

Ian4 said:
I still stand by my belief that Cyril is the most overrated player in the league. Mitchell was BOG for mine

You're not alone mate, that was the general consensus at the bbq i was at too.

Agree he is overated but his overatedness sp?? pales in comparison to NicNat who has to be the most overated player ever !

That intercept handball and dish off by Rioli was pure genius. He doesn't get as much of the football as some but he's an absolute weapon when he does.
Overrated? I'll leave that for others to argue about but IMO he's a bloody good footballer and a joy to watch.

Got to hand it to Hawthorn, they know when to turn up. No other team would've beaten them today. Still believe they'll come back to the pack in 2016.

As for the Eagles, too many melted under the spotlight, including Priddis which was a surprise. The first quarter goal where they nervously bumbled the ball out to half back only for Birchall to bomb it back over their heads, told a story. Eagles didn't settle until well into the second quarter. Naitanui struggled in general play but his ruckwork was exceptional. Made no difference though.

ToraToraTora said:
I only saw the 2nd half couldnt believe Cyril was bog

Saw the '82 GF on Foxtel last night and thought the same about Maurice. ;D

Cyril set the game up early I guess. If it was Breust or Shiels their contribution might've been downplayed, but two of Cyril's is worth three of everybody else's.

TigerForce said:
Totally disagree with Ling. This team is nowhere near as strong as the 80s unit. 7 GFs in a row.
Ling clueless. And I was glad when they moved Harley to a desk job in NSW. All is forgiven Tom.

TigerForce said:
Totally disagree with Ling. This team is nowhere near as strong as the 80s unit. 7 GFs in a row.
Those 80s teams had 2 superstars on every line. Several in this era and this one is an awesome combine albieit with some limited individuals. Spud Frwaley junior even played like Rance at times today that's how well things were going for them.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Got to hand it to Hawthorn, they know when to turn up. No other team would've beaten them today. Still believe they'll come back to the pack in 2016.

As for the Eagles, too many melted under the spotlight, including Priddis which was a surprise. The first quarter goal where they nervously bumbled the ball out to half back only for Birchall to bomb it back over their heads, told a story. Eagles didn't settle until well into the second quarter. Naitanui struggled in general play but his ruckwork was exceptional. Made no difference though.
Think I agree but I even Tigers would have put up a far better performance than Weagles today. They were disgraceful and packed themselves basically, to keep it polite. Shocked by how inept they were. Yes, Mitchell and Hodge were excellent as usual in the big games, but Rioli was just brilliant. it's the magic he creates whether high marking, chasing and tackling, amazing goals and setting up others. Would also point out how he never hesitates to pass it off to teamate in better position; not about personal glory. Compare with Shuey today who cost at least 2 crucial goals because he wouldn't handball, or Vickery at end of our EF against Norf.
Weagles very quickly became a rabble. We must challenge Squawks in 2016 by getting to the GF. We can do it.

What needs to happen is for a Victorian team (eg RFC) to get to the gf and take the Hawks on. I was in the afl members and it was like Subiaco in reverse. They might be fair weather supporters but today was extremely fair weather and seemed like every one of their 72,000 members wre inside the ground. Having said that there wasn't extreme emotion from the ones near me maybe that's what three in a row does.
But Regardless of the temperature 3 interstate teams in a row have wilted under the Hawks pressure.

Ian4 said:
Was at the game and Cyril was easily best on ground in the first half when the game counted. Definitely not over rated as a footballer.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
. Still believe they'll come back to the pack in 2016.

Interesting to know why you would say that? Sure statistics tell us you have an 80% chance of being right. But do you see mass retirements, age finally catching up on Mitchell and hodge, an opposition coach cracking the code?

Kaelan said:
Agree he is overated but his overatedness sp?? pales in comparison to NicNat who has to be the most overated player ever !

The experts were still whinging about his non selection in the AA this morning. Finals are a different game and the Gf different again.

Rioli overrated...pfft...he set that game up for the Hawks in that first half. The guy doesn't need 30 touches to be BOG.

He was BOG today. Plus I got him at 16's for the Norm Smith. ;D