2015 Grand Final Day Thread. Hawks Vs Weagles. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2015 Grand Final Day Thread. Hawks Vs Weagles.

You have to admire Hawthorn. They are such a well run club in all areas. We can learn many lessons from them.

Dev Tiger said:
You have to admire Hawthorn. They are such a well run club in all areas. We can learn many lessons from them.

Correct.
A very well run club.
Well we should learn lessons but have we?
Will we?
History suggests not.

Well done to the Hawks, as much as it irks me to say, you have to admit that they are a really well run & excellently coached club.
They have done a remarkable job of rebuilding since the dark days of the mid 90s.

I admire what they have done & hope the Tiges can replicate it in the next few years

rosy23 said:
Yep it started the day we got Wallace leaving them stuck with Clarkson. They've done extremely well no matter how much we dissect and criticise and choke on sour grapes.
The point being. Done well on the back of unfair advantages created by distortions manufactured in so called equalisation measures. Could live with it if it was a success starved club like the Saints or Doggies whom were the accidental beneficiaries. But a smug club like that with bandwagon jumping fair weather supporters. YUCK! The thought that no one else will ever get the same opportunity (outside maybe GWS or GC - yawn), so will give them an inflated sense of achievement just sucks.

So disillusioned with footy. I follow and watch Richmond, not football. Was the first GF I can remember watching barely a few minutes of.

Panthera Tigris said:
The point being. Done well on the back of unfair advantages created by distortions manufactured in so called equalisation measures......

Out of interest what "unfair advantages" have the Hawks been given over other clubs, including us?

Sintiger said:
The thing that this has proved to me again is that it's about midfield. If you dominate the midfield your forwards get opportunities. Back it up with a well organised back 6-7.

Load up on midfielders and runners Tigers

Yep it never changes.

Regardless of how much we read otherwise here on PRE, its Midfielders and defence that win flags.

One of the most frustrating grannies I've watched with one side struggling the footy from one player to the next and the other capitalising on an overawed tea.
Congrats to Hawks this was the easiest win of the three due to pathetic Opposition.
I gave up 3 minutes into the last quarter.

bringbakflemmo said:
One of the most frustrating grannies I've watched with one side struggling the footy from one player to the next and the other capitalising on an overawed tea.
Congrats to Hawks this was the easiest win of the three due to pathetic Opposition.
I gave up 3 minutes into the last quarter.
Gave up barely 3mins into the 1st.

Today Hawthorn played as a complete team, supported each other, never gave up on a chase and wanted the match so richly deserved their win. If only the Tigers could consistently have the same traits on match days.

What a yawn fest, zzzzzzzz

Lost interest in the game about 10 minutes into the 2nd quarter. Really need the tiges to make a granny coz my interest in this sport is waning big time.

Did they play the game already? Damn I was nappin and missed it. Oh well, hearty congratulations to the winners I'm sure they worked hard all year n it was a richly deserved reward for effort.
Oh n by the way, who won? Did the Hawks immortalise themselves into the history books, or did the Weagles pluck them?

I knew nicNat was poor but just checked his stats .... disgraceful , along with Yeo and Kennedy . Hope they get absolutely torched by the easr coast media as it will go unpunished in the west

I watched the first and last quarters, played outside with family during the other quarters.

I liked that the Hawks won, I love watching the aftermath and seeing people so happy.

Hopefully, one day, it will be us.

rosy23 said:
Out of interest what "unfair advantages" have the Hawks been given over other clubs, including us?
The timing of when the compromised draft came in was the crucial unfair advantage they have received. Put the rest of the comp back several years, while Hawthorn had already built their team. This has essentially gifted them an extra few years at the top, before the other clubs are able to claw back the gap. Could unfortunately go x4 next year as a result.

The introduction of free agency while they are up, and hence all the guys in the later part of their career wanting a premiership, so seeking to get to Hawthorn has compounded things. This in itself is not an unfair advantage, unless the AFL now waters down FA (as has been discussed) to the detriment of all top sides in the future. Meaning no one in the future gets the same privileges as Hawthorn enjoyed during this era.

CC TIGER said:
I'm doin the big BBQ thing so won't see it all, but looking forward to what should be a ripper game, 2 teams that play good to watch footy......Shannon Hurn for the Norm Smith....Eagles by 5 ....won't be shocked with any result today
Ha. Hurn was MY Norm Smith bet as well at $81 ! ThinkRioli kicked 2 and set up two others in about 15 minutes. His odds would have $810 by q time. So I am laughing at myself.

immorta said:
What a yawn fest, zzzzzzzz

Lost interest in the game about 10 minutes into the 2nd quarter. Really need the tiges to make a granny coz my interest in this sport is waning big time.
Yep at that point too....

josey said:
Yep it never changes.

Regardless of how much we read otherwise here on PRE, its Midfielders and defence that win flags.
Or it's about taking your chances and converting
6-1 vs 1-6
That makes it harder to put any pressure on the opposition

Premiers can't have any weaknesses, need even strength in all areas
Hardwick has asked for one on one winners, elite disposal and everyone to win their own ball, the ability to have periods of tempo play, a bit of outside pace.
Now for a tall ruck and possibly a key defender who isn't out bodied by everyone he plays on and a captain who stands up in big games
Bennell and Yarran would replace Newman and Foley quite nicely
The elevation of rookies Lambert and Castagna replace Knights and Petterd, leaving replacements required for Arnot, Macdonough and probably Gordon
After that?