1st Final, where & when? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

1st Final, where & when?

casper68 said:
Finally got in sitting in M15.Don't give up Tiger supporters.

Yep M15 as well. Had great Cat 1 in N8-1 but the *smile* timed out because I hadn't ticked the box for tix insurance.

Olympic stand Q55
Crazy crap system.
$188 for that. Wtf!

Good omen tho as this is roughly where i sat for matty knights bouncing goal against the bombers way back then...

Usual ticketing fiasco, daughter got on then just constantly refused an allocation of four tickets together category one, supposed to be able to get two tickets per membership, got four memberships but can't get one for each. Were hoping to get in the same area as our usual reserved seats. Fluffed around n tried category two southern stand n same crap can't get four together, then of course timed out n start again.
Finally managed after nearly half an hour to get four tickets in the Ponsford stand, looks like we're going to be somewhere alongside the Norf *smile* cheer squad, similar to what we got for the Port final last year.
At least we're in, if it was me trying to get tix I'd still be trying to find the site n log in ;D.
Bloody Tigers better not feed me a dose of last years finals again this time, old coot might get fairly agitated n grumpy.

feisty tige said:
I got told that Category one and two was exhausted, at about the same time you seem to have got yours, I think they screwed me over in that respect.

Thats just the stupid Ticketek system of selling in blocks. If you get nose bleed seats, be patient and keep refreshing your page. They won't sellout in 45 mins

M10 - row LL (last row) - happy with that - midday flight from sydney after sons B&F that morning and back on the 8pm flight - WILL be a great day!

feisty tige said:
HOW?! I am a member and got charged $20 more for level 4. Not happy re pricing.

I'm also a member.

Cat 7 pricing ... they had 1 bay (M3) on Lv1 in this price range for some reason and the rest of this price range was the VERY back rows of the top deck of the Southern.

I learnt from previous years you need to be logged in to your account around 8:45 before the rush (and to avoid being put in the queue) and then as soon as 9am ticks over click the search tickets. Also have your barcodes in a word document typed out so you can just cut and paste them in to speed up the process.

Ian4 said:
Thats just the stupid Ticketek system of selling in blocks. If you get nose bleed seats, be patient and keep refreshing your page. They won't sellout in 45 mins

I got tix in level 4 from the guy on the phone who told me the 1 and 2 were gone. Got row A, so not tooo bad. Still, the walk up that ramp... I think I need some exercise anyway.

69 vintage said:
Got same seats we sit in for 3121 members area
Front Row level 2 southern stand
Makes getting up at 2.30 to get a line ticket at the local news agency worth it .
GO TIGES .
I might try that next week. ;D

feisty tige said:
WORST ticketing agency EVER!!

I just had a machine tell me three options, each time I said RICHMOND and each time it told me I was after the Western Bulldogs games tickets.

How hard is it?!

Cannot get in on the web, cannot get through on the phone, I knew I should have gone to an agency.

This is crock.
yeah it's crazy. And if you mess it up you go back to back of the line. Just relieved I got good tickets in the end. Missed out the game against Carlton it was such a debacle.

tote said:
M10 - row LL (last row) - happy with that - midday flight from sydney after sons B&F that morning and back on the 8pm flight - WILL be a great day!
i m near you. Pretty happy in the end.

Geez what a huge difference for most Tiger supporters travelling to the G this season when compared to that Kokoda trail to Adelaide last season. ;D

Happy to get seats 3 rows back of our usual reserved seats however what I found dodgy was that I tried to buy a family pass and got a message saying that system was unable to allocate seats in a block for the category I wanted. So I went back and changed it to 2 adult tickets and 2 kid tickets (which is obviously more $$) and bingo bango it could now find tickets in the category I wanted. Oh well.

Might have to do a TAFE course in how to use ticketek :hihi didn't know you could select own seats .... probably would't have known what to do anyway ... so hopefully will be surrounded by yellow and black

For future reference on getting your preferred tickets without exhausting the time limit:

- Sign in at 8.45am
- Copy and Paste all barcodes in advance to save time
- If you're not confident about the website layout, in the days before, pretend you're buying a ticket to another sporting event just so you're familiar with the process. Bail when you get to payment, or let the clock tick over. This way you can take your time and read everything.

For those who'd like a dummies guide to copy and pasting your barcodes:

Open word or notepad. Type in your barcode, press enter, type in the next barcode, press enter, etc.
Press Command + A (mac) or Control + A (windows) to highlight all the text.
Press Command + C (mac) or Control + C (windows) to "copy".
Now you just have to click on the space where you want to paste the barcodes and press Command + V or Control + V. It will appear all at once in a second, instead of taking a minute or two to type them out and get stressed about the ticking clock.

I know it can be stressful buying tickets and you'll probably experience this a LOT over the coming years ;D So it might be helpful to try these tips so you'll feel calmer knowing what to expect. As many have found out this morning, that ticking clock can be stressful.