1st Final, where & when? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

1st Final, where & when?

Should Sydney lose today and be replaced in the top 4 by the mighty Tigers, Channel 7 will push hard for the Freo v Tigers game on Friday night.

They will want a big piece of the Tiger army.

In fact, don't be surprised if a few Channel 7 execs are out trying to ankle-tap Buddy as we speak.

PBoRSM said:
Technically, yes the AFL did - they do the fixtures. But we agreed to it. Without definitively knowing I imagine we asked for lots of Friday night games and return games against Coll, Carl and Ess, as well as having Rich v Carl to start the season. AFL said OK, we'll give you all that, but you have to play a home game at Etihad, because we sold our soul to get it built for us and agreed to play x number of games a year there and the tenant clubs don't give us enough games. Same reason Melbourne is playing a home game against GWS there tomorrow.

My only queries are - why did it have to be against an Etihad tenant club rather than say an interstate club? and why did it have to be round 23 when the result has more significance than say round 12 in June, when it's p!ssing rain and we'd welcome a game under the roof. Melbourne copped GWS, that would have been OK by us - there were only 35k at our GWS game, so Etihad would have been fine then.

I guess the only advantage is that Norf don't play the G often, whereas we do and I'm sort of glad now we won that we didn't expose our MCG game plan.
You're right.
It would have made better sense to have played GWS or the Suns there - but it must be a logistical nightmare doing the fixture.

Tenacious said:
You're right.
It would have made better sense to have played GWS or the Suns there - but it must be a logistical nightmare doing the fixture.
What kind of hacked me off about it was that Norf effectively got 2 home games against us. There were 40,000 there last night, so it was still a nice gate for us.

tigermouseau said:
I usually go to the footy with my daughter (AFL Richmond club support member) and another 8game Richmond member. I am also an AFL Richmond club support member. We usually cross over so that we can sit together. My query - as an AFL CLUB support member is can I get a three general admission tickets together using my AFL memberships and my friends Richmond 8 game Membership. I know I can buy a Guest pass in AFL area but I think that will,cost me $80 a which is just ridiculous. Any help in simplifying the ticketing will be appreciated.
Yes you can however you won't be sitting in the AFL members area. Just make sure when you select the type of membership you have that it is 'Richmond Club Membership' or something similar. Enter your membership barcodes (including your AFL memberships) and proceed with buying the tickets. In the next screen it should give you the option of purchasing also the other 'non-member' tickets.

Hope that helps.

The Shrike said:
According to Herald Sun 5th vs 8th is Saturday??
This is the article I referred to

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/hawthorn-west-coast-to-kick-off-finals-with-richmond-north-melbourne-on-sunday/story-fnelctok-1227513432603

Sintiger said:
This is the article I referred to

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/hawthorn-west-coast-to-kick-off-finals-with-richmond-north-melbourne-on-sunday/story-fnelctok-1227513432603
muchas gracias. Pumped. Go Tigers!

Smoking Aces said:
Yes you can however you won't be sitting in the AFL members area. Just make sure when you select the type of membership you have that it is 'Richmond Club Membership' or something similar. Enter your membership barcodes (including your AFL memberships) and proceed with buying the tickets. In the next screen it should give you the option of purchasing also the other 'non-member' tickets.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for that info. Yes I wasn't fussed about being in the AFL members area but wanted to get all the seats together.

PBoRSM said:
. Same reason Melbourne is playing a home game against GWS there tomorrow.o

[/quo

Melb own the 2nd and 3rd lowest attendance at docklands. Pretty good chance the 12, 544 worst will be in jepoardy tomorrow.

Play Sunday. And if we win, we play the winner of Friday night's game.

WTF?? What aren't we on sat night?? We get a 6 day break vs an 8 day break

PBoRSM said:
Play Sunday. And if we win, we play the winner of Friday night's game.

WTF?? What aren't we on sat night?? We get a 6 day break vs an 8 day break

We would play the loser of Sat afternoon's game in Perth or Sydney. 6 vs 7 day break.

We should rest a few next week.

FINALS

Fri night - WC v Haw (Subi)
Sat arvo - Freo v Syd (Subi)
Sat night - WB v Adel (MCG)
Sun arvo - Rich v NM (MCG)

I've had a vision.

Our path to glory will be.....

North at G
Syd at Syd
Haw at G
West Coast at G