Winderlich a Tiger? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Winderlich a Tiger?

Pretty much every one on here has agreed that we need to target outside speed and goal kicking rovers/pockets. And what? They are going to arrive with afl ready bodies? I doubt it. Winderlicht for 2 years as a free agent sounds like good sense. If we have to manage him, all the better to give the young whippets a run.

What are we doing to improve our list. We know it's not good enough. We are desperate in drafting Winderlich..

People talk about using a 4th or 5th rounder for him. If we are going to give those picks away why aren't we looking hard at the GWS and Gold Coast lists for young players on the fringe or about to be cut? There will be many that will face the chop at GWS especially that might just be diamonds in the rough. Miles the perfect example. Those are the sort of trades/pickups i want our club to be doing. We have essentially picked up a 10 year player that could become a star in Miles, yet we are now looking at wasting our picks for a 30 year old that is extremely injury prone!!! Why does this club love shooting itself in the foot!

I dont mind getting him if he comes super cheap, but are we going to actually chase a gun player? WHat the hell are we doing? The window finally opens for us and we fanny about with the dregs.

I wonder if we are looking into other retirees we can swing around to play again... :'(

frawleyudud said:
People talk about using a 4th or 5th rounder for him. If we are going to give those picks away why aren't we looking hard at the GWS and Gold Coast lists for young players on the fringe or about to be cut? There will be many that will face the chop at GWS especially that might just be diamonds in the rough. Miles the perfect example. Those are the sort of trades/pickups i want our club to be doing. We have essentially picked up a 10 year player that could become a star in Miles, yet we are now looking at wasting our picks for a 30 year old that is extremely injury prone!!! Why does this club love shooting itself in the foot!

I'm against it, but at least we're asking as a FA only. Let's hope we don't change our mind as this is just a bonus.

evo said:
I dont mind getting him if he comes super cheap, but are we going to actually chase a gun player? WHat the hell are we doing? The window finally opens for us and we fanny about with the dregs.

Exactly clevo. We should be chasing younger players more....but we don't hear or read anything.

TigerMasochist said:
Prince Harriet will get around him n help straighten out his life issues.

Maybe it's King Poos who sucks them in more. What a legion he's building. Poosy's all-stars. :hihi

frawleyudud said:

How many Miles do you think are out there. Do they just grow on trees and all you do is turn up and pick them off. Neither recruiting experience or new bloods is perfect, surely a combination of both is what is required, we need to stay competitive and progress up the ladder without taking a backward step. If we recruit all youth and we drop out of the eight because of a lack of experience then everyone is up in arms. Surely its a combination of both that keeps us moving forward. If end up with Winderlich and 5 young mids that will play ten years for us I'll personally be very happy.

Fantastic great player hope we get him why would anyone not like him > Can play as small forward will move through the midfield and he wants to play for us well done Jason Eat em Alive !!

Mappa said:
How many Miles do you think are out there. Do they just grow on trees and all you do is turn up and pick them off. Neither recruiting experience or new bloods is perfect, surely a combination of both is what is required, we need to stay competitive and progress up the ladder without taking a backward step. If we recruit all youth and we drop out of the eight because of a lack of experience then everyone is up in arms. Surely its a combination of both that keeps us moving forward. If end up with Winderlich and 5 young mids that will play ten years for us I'll personally be very happy.

Agree Mappa..

Its funny talk of brightsiders and darksiders.. I think most part the darksiders like Frawleydud are considered this as they dont post anything positive at all, then there are normal posters that are considered etc.. I tend to skip over what ever FD or others of this ilk say as i cant actually reason with people that arent reasonable and consider in totality, just negative purging out.. Of course i would take it back and eat humble pie if there was at least a few positive posts within the last 12 months, but i tend to see same same from same same people, makes it difficult for me to understand how they get any joy from RFC, hence why bother, anyhow each to their own i guess!

I also think we should get him as a FA only as we are seriously lacking quality for his type, could be a bridging player for a couple of years and agree pervian, fantastic that he wants to join RFC.

Strange to say the least. Yes he can play but has spent more time in the rehab group than any player in the AFL in recent times.

If we do get him, regardless if it costs us nothing and we get off to a bad start again next season you can guarantee that there will be numerous articles of our aging list, poor recruiting, recycled hacks etc....

But again, all we can do is trust that Richo and Hartley have a sensible plan and know what they are doing.

I'm in two minds about this one. Part of me wishes we had of chased Malceksi instead. Other part of me thinks if its 2 years on moderate coin with a late pick, he will add some depth to our starting 18.

Panthera Tigris said:
Only if you get him for next to nothing.

Which is why the club is probably after him. Too afraid to chase someone good because it will cost.

You pay peanuts you get peanuts.

Barnzy said:
Which is why the club is probably after him. Too afraid to chase someone good because it will cost.

But who is good, who can genuinely improve the side, who is out there at present? And how much do you want to pay them? Wouldn't it make sense to lock away our own guns, and then look to use the war chest on some genuine quality like Dangerfield next year when he's not under contract?

Barnzy said:

Who are the players we should be chasing right now? Why would a club pay overs this year for role players when next year there is an abundance of free agent stars? Plus imagine losing any of our top players for peanuts next season when we have over payed for a handy type this year....greenwood is a good example in both cases.

I may be wrong but seems like the same 6 or so clubs are the only ones been mentioned with every player , it's like a round about with only 4 exits