Winderlich a Tiger? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Winderlich a Tiger?

Is it possible he retired earlier in the year at least in part due to exhaustion with the whole drug saga? Perhaps he overplayed the poor state of his body as an excuse to slink out of the limelight, escape the maelstrom.

This opportunity with Richmond gives him a chance to properly see out his career without the external rigmarole, which is an opportunity he didn't see for himself mid-year. If he's actually not in as poor a physical state as he made it seem then he could be an awesome pick up on the cheap.

Maybe wishful thinking, but I'm trying to get a read on his motives here.

Just hopes if we carnt sign this guy. There would be entry left over for next year FA . Be on a veteran list Newman will go after next year this is a perfect trade for us ATM

Mappa said:
How many Miles do you think are out there. Do they just grow on trees and all you do is turn up and pick them off. Neither recruiting experience or new bloods is perfect, surely a combination of both is what is required, we need to stay competitive and progress up the ladder without taking a backward step. If we recruit all youth and we drop out of the eight because of a lack of experience then everyone is up in arms. Surely its a combination of both that keeps us moving forward. If end up with Winderlich and 5 young mids that will play ten years for us I'll personally be very happy.

Agree

Hope he comes to us for free. I wouldn't want to be giving up either a player or draft pick to get him.

Pros
1. Experienced, 12 seasons, looking for immediate impact.
2. Wingman, type we need.
3. Averages more than a goal a game.
4. Consistent in RB50s as well as I50s, runs back as well as forward
5. Might be good for another year or two.

Cons
1. 4 years past his peak this year. 5 years past, next year.
2. Skinny wingman, past his days of explosive pace.
3. Not strong enough to revert to a running, rebounding HBF.
4. Has never played a full season, and looks unlikely to to next season.
5. Ordinary possie rates for an experienced player.
6. Only 2 losing EFs over a 12 season career.
7. 30yo next season.
8. "B" grade Malceski, without the premiership or HBF experience.

http://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/J/Jason_Winderlich.html

5-8 leaves me negatively inclined.
Would not want to give up something to get him.
Clearly another depth player on our list.
Hope contract is limited to 2 years at the very most.

Hearing Dan Richardson he stated they would only get him if the bombers released him from his contract other words for nothing or no deal. Cant see the bombers doing that

I think we are playing this very well.

Winderlich will come if free . His manager said last week he had retired. Essendon will either come to the conclusion that they can get something by releasing him from his contract or get nothing and he retires.

If he comes for free we will delist Arnot imo, no loss . Winderlich can play, fills a need for a year or two whilst our draftees mature.

Well played so far.

Agree, hard to see the bombers allowing him to walk for nothing. Unless they can be confident of a comp pick. I could also see us giving up a player that we were wanting to trade or delist if we couldn't. Arnot ? Essendon will need players next year that have AFL experience if the cop bans.

Mr Hird is senior coach again and wants to remind the world he doesnt trade easy.

"On other matters during the trade period, Hird said he also wanted Jason Winderlich and Ben Howlett to remain"

"Obviously, there has been a lot of speculation about our players and where they are at. We are working through that at the moment. We certainly hope to add some quality players to our list if that opportunity arises," Hird said.

"We would like to keep both Jason and Ben at the club. Jason has been at the club for a long time - (he is) a much-loved player by the supporters and by the players and by the staff. He is one we will talk to over the next few days and try and see where he is at. We would love him to stay, obviously

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/paddy-ryder-will-stay-unless-bombers-get-a-good-deal-insists-james-hird-20141007-10rg6h.html#ixzz3FRxr9JeP

Wont it be funny if Hirdy wont trade and make it hard on all 3. :) they end up staying another year and they just walk out on the club instead. Going to be some fun games.

Sintiger said:
I think we are playing this very well.

Winderlich will come if free . His manager said last week he had retired. Essendon will either come to the conclusion that they can get something by releasing him from his contract or get nothing and he retires.

Bombers won't get any compo if he leaves as a free agent ala Matty White/Jarrad Waite.

Phantom said:
Hope he comes to us for free. I wouldn't want to be giving up either a player or draft pick to get him.

Pros
1. Experienced, 12 seasons, looking for immediate impact.
2. Wingman, type we need.
3. Averages more than a goal a game.
4. Consistent in RB50s as well as I50s, runs back as well as forward
5. Might be good for another year or two.

Cons
1. 4 years past his peak this year. 5 years past, next year.
2. Skinny wingman, past his days of explosive pace.
3. Not strong enough to revert to a running, rebounding HBF.
4. Has never played a full season, and looks unlikely to to next season.
5. Ordinary possie rates for an experienced player.
6. Only 2 losing EFs over a 12 season career.
7. 30yo next season.
8. "B" grade Malceski, without the premiership or HBF experience.

http://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/J/Jason_Winderlich.html

5-8 leaves me negatively inclined.
Would not want to give up something to get him.
Clearly another depth player on our list.
Hope contract is limited to 2 years at the very most.
He averages 0.65 goals a game Phant.

tigertim said:
He averages 0.65 goals a game Phant.

0.65 goals per game over his career.

But, his last season, 2014, 15 goals from 16 games, and in 2013, 17 goals from 12 games.
Similar ratio in 2012 & 2011 too.

Al Bundy said:
Mr Hird is senior coach again and wants to remind the world he doesnt trade easy.

"On other matters during the trade period, Hird said he also wanted Jason Winderlich and Ben Howlett to remain"

"Obviously, there has been a lot of speculation about our players and where they are at. We are working through that at the moment. We certainly hope to add some quality players to our list if that opportunity arises," Hird said.

"We would like to keep both Jason and Ben at the club. Jason has been at the club for a long time - (he is) a much-loved player by the supporters and by the players and by the staff. He is one we will talk to over the next few days and try and see where he is at. We would love him to stay, obviously

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/paddy-ryder-will-stay-unless-bombers-get-a-good-deal-insists-james-hird-20141007-10rg6h.html#ixzz3FRxr9JeP

Wont it be funny if Hirdy wont trade and make it hard on all 3. :) they end up staying another year and they just walk out on the club instead. Going to be some fun games.

Watched Hirdy's video on their website.

He was near reading from cue cards.

Phantom said:
0.65 goals per game over his career.

But, his last season, 2014, 15 goals from 16 games, and in 2013, 17 goals from 12 games.
Similar ratio in 2012 & 2011 too.
Also played a lot of footy this year in particular off half back and was very good there and went forward more late in the season.

Winderlich is a good footballer, sometimes very good, the issue is whether he can stay on the park.

Al Bundy said:

Perfect. The last time he tried to talk a player into not leaving EFC for Richmond we landed Houli for free via the PSD.