Winderlich a Tiger? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Winderlich a Tiger?

To those extolling Winderlichs aquisition then in the same breath saying he will cost us peanuts, do you know why he will cost us peanuts? i can give you one reason...cause he is *smile* :help

Winderlich a tiger, lock in back to back flags, pure genius. Mind you he will probably only play in one because he is available less than 50% of the time. :hihi

blx said:
To those extolling Winderlichs aquisition then in the same breath saying he will cost us peanuts, do you know why he will cost us peanuts? i can give you one reason...cause he is sh!t :help

I don't think he's sh!t. He's actually a pretty clever footballer. Albeit one who has had a heap of injuries.
When fit he plays football as it should be played. He can run and carry, spreads well and makes good decisions.
His natural instinct is to attack. We have very few in our side who play the way he does.
29 and injury prone I get. '*smile*' I don't.

I wonder what Lennon. LLoyd, Madonna and Beanie think about Winderlich clogging the queue.

Good VFL captain though!

I very much doubt we will give up much for him similar to Ryder he could use the duty of care clause in his contract if need be!

Carter said:
What worries me is if we recruit the hard bodied senior type our coach will favour them to a fault.

At the expense of McDonagh, Lloyd, etc.

Our older recruits are beginning to form a crust over the list preventing development.

Thats alright! Just delist them and pickup more has-beens with questionable futures :hihi

dumb idea. we don't need this guy. as far as Bummers go he seems like a nice bloke, but no thanks.

year of the tiger said:
trouble is Essendon will not let him walk for nothing - for them, its the principle in that they don't want the flood gates to open.

thats a good thing. what a crazy list mamanegement decision. when winderlich announced his retirement he said he 'doesn't have another pre-season in him.' what's changed since?

Total Tiger said:
I'll do a swap for Hampson

lol, well i guess i would too.

uhuh uhuh said:
He is a better kick than Matty White

i don't recall winderlich kicking many goals on the run from outside 50

As long as he doesn't clog up Gordon and Lloyd's development on the flanks, then OK.....but only as FA. Nothing more.

What if?

The change of scenery prompts Licka to have a super year?
What if he provides the gel between midfield and forward line that we have been sorely lacking?
What if he emparts that wisdom to the younger guys.

What if he plays 15 games and kicks 30 goals and sublime i50s?

More upside than not.

If he gets injured, stick him on the LTI and promote a rookie.

He's handy for sure. But I don't want him. If we're picking a player of that vintage he must have very strong leadership qualities. I don't see Winderlich that way (Chappie would have been a great get last year).

And surely our small/medium forward possies are already highly contested spots - Knights, Gordon, LLoyd, Lennon, Martin, Edwards, McDonough, Petterd. Adding Winderlich just pushes Lennon and McDonough back another rung. I'd be pouring games into the youngies - on a rotational basis to ensure peak output.