Welcome Tom Brown | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tom Brown

I would like to see them move him up to a wing and free him up a bit.

Competetiveness is a good word for Browny and others. Certainly something that has to improve. I think it will.

Not a bad half forward performance for three quarters. Seems as though he has the ability to play both defensive and a forward role. We have to persist with him

Reactions: 1 users
Looked good up forward early but completely faded out of the game. I think he’s got to get a lot fitter & stronger to have a good AFL career. You can see the talent, just needs the work rate to match. Given stamina has always been an issue for him, he’s got a lot of hard work ahead…

Reactions: 3 users
I would like to see them move him up to a wing and free him up a bit.

Competetiveness is a good word for Browny and others. Certainly something that has to improve. I think it will.
Not a winger no way.

He can barely run out a game off a flank.

Wing is the hardest position to play besides ruck.
Very little reward for crazy running and patterns.

Reactions: 2 users
Good move by Yze to try him forward. Brown has Riewoldt level smarts, and created a few opportunities last night through it.

Also has the leap, the hands and the kicking. If his weakness is one on one defending, a move forward minimises that.

Plus, we desperately need forwards with some skill, and two thirds of our squad are backmen.

Fwd:

Rioli Balta Green
Brown Bauer Mansell

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.....

Reactions: 3 users
Good move by Yze to try him forward. Brown has Riewoldt level smarts, and created a few opportunities last night through it.

Also has the leap, the hands and the kicking. If his weakness is one on one defending, a move forward minimises that.

Plus, we desperately need forwards with some skill, and two thirds of our squad are backmen.

Fwd:

Rioli Balta Green
Brown Bauer Mansell

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.....
Played as a mobile half forward and got marks on the wing. Played well.

He also got burnt a couple of times by Macintosh deep forward.

Forward, back or wherever - reckon there is one single area he needs to work on to elevate his game.

His ground ball game. He's very much a mark kick player ATM.

Needs to learn how to win loose ball from the turf. Regularly.

Vlastuin is the guy for him to watch. Nick is a star overhead as we know - But is also clean as a whistle below his knees.

He will be twice the player he is if he can develop just that skill and not purely be an aerial threat.

Reactions: 10 users
Great coaching by yze to see the potential in brown as a forward .

Brown has a lot of talent but gee he lacks intensity at times ,

Reactions: 2 users
He's only forward because hes struggling to tackle with his loose shoulder as I've stated before, but definately still need to keep him out there till seasons end one of the few positives for the year

Love him forward. We need blokes that can kick it low and hard to team mates.

Still needs to realise when he does and doesn’t have space. Rushed a couple of kicks where he had time.

Reactions: 1 user
Can't complain about his game, a heap of random *smile* incoming to the forwards as per usual makes life difficult for any forward never mind a young bloke still learning the game who's suddenly been shunted from half back to half forward. His marks against Macy Door n Mane Hard were bloody quality work, n 3 fat sausages just reward for his day's efforts.

Love him forward. We need blokes that can kick it low and hard to team mates.

Still needs to realise when he does and doesn’t have space. Rushed a couple of kicks where he had time.
There was one he kicked to Ryan which was a dart. Seeing it live you appreciate it more.

There was one he kicked to Ryan which was a dart. Seeing it live you appreciate it more.
Got there in half a second and hit him on the tit. Even Ryan couldn’t drop it.

Something we haven’t had much of this year.

Reactions: 1 user