Welcome Tom Brown | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tom Brown

He won a 2-1 against early in the season and remember thinking this lad has some tricks. Confidence in the body should do wonders.

Reactions: 1 user
He won a 2-1 against early in the season and remember thinking this lad has some tricks. Confidence in the body should do wonders.
Not sure you can blame his shoulders but I saw him getting brushed aside way too easily against Collingwood. And had no agility to recover

In reality though it will put Tom way behind in pre-season again, most shoulder surgeries would be 4 - 6 month full recovery wouldn't they?
Depends on the surgery - if they’re full shoulder recos that’s true, but maybe that’s not what he’s having done.

Pretty hard to bump and tackle with two *smile* shoulders.
I didn’t say bumped or tackled.
He got pushed off the ball way too easily and couldn’t recover whilst the young Collingwood player whisked away.
And If his shoulders were that bad, he shouldn’t have been playing. Full stop

I didn’t say bumped or tackled.
He got pushed off the ball way too easily and couldn’t recover whilst the young Collingwood player whisked away.
And If his shoulders were that bad, he shouldn’t have been playing. Full stop
I agree on your last two sentences and I was yelled down for saying the same thing.
Still getting pushed off the ball means you have no core strength resistance because you can’t put forward force to protect yourself because you’re going to take a hit near your shoulders. He must have been playing like he had no arms and in possible pain. The restrictions would’ve been so vast on what would he could normally do. The whole thing is a joke and there should be no criticism of the player here.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Yes Tom will be the '6 Million Dollar Man' next year, he is being re-built :cool:

Tom Brown, ankle

"'Browny' had surgery on his right shoulder last week, he's pulled up really well. He's also in a moon boot for his syndesmosis. He'll have surgery in about four weeks' time on his other shoulder, but from all reports, he's going really well."
Was surprised they kept playing him with two stuffed shoulders and all that tape. Wasn’t like we needed him for the finals.

Reactions: 3 users
In reality though it will put Tom way behind in pre-season again, most shoulder surgeries would be 4 - 6 month full recovery wouldn't they?
Yeah that’s about right. All depends on what was actually done, but for certain he won’t be able to do any serious upper body gym work over the summer.

Reactions: 2 users
Shoulders can be super complicated. Lots of different muscles having to co-ordinate together. Physio's dream.

Not a great sign having 2 shoulder surgeries at his age.

Reactions: 1 users
Plenty of players get loose shoulders n then spend most of their careers wearing strapping to both support the shoulder during contact or help keep the player from over extending when reaching for marks.
No idea what Brownies issues are, rotator cuffs, loose ligaments, shallow sockets, whatever? Bit of a tweak n scrape late in the year or seasons end, whack on the sticky tape n away they go again the next season.

I did a rugby union pre season , every second person had a scar on their shoulder , sometimes both ... shoulder reco's , I felt naked
that was '94 and the guys didn't seem to have any problems and were playing a heavy contact sport

so hopefully Tom will be more than ok

with the being brushed aside too easily , Hugo was being accused of similar and now something has clicked with him ,
hopefully adjusting to the pace and physicality of AFL (over VFL and U18's etc ) and having a feeling of belonging

Reactions: 3 users
I did a rugby union pre season , every second person had a scar on their shoulder , sometimes both ... shoulder reco's , I felt naked
that was '94 and the guys didn't seem to have any problems and were playing a heavy contact sport

so hopefully Tom will be more than ok

with the being brushed aside too easily , Hugo was being accused of similar and now something has clicked with him ,
hopefully adjusting to the pace and physicality of AFL (over VFL and U18's etc ) and having a feeling of belonging
Yeh, Hugo was poor physically but that is definitely an area he has improved massively. His defensive efforts have been standouts at times.

Hopefully Tom can do the same.

Yeh, Hugo was poor physically but that is definitely an area he has improved massively. His defensive efforts have been standouts at times.

Hopefully Tom can do the same.
Well it won’t be this preseason as he’ll be very limited with the contact work.
I’d like to see him work on his athleticism over summer. His second efforts are very ordinary for a defender