Welcome Tom Brown | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tom Brown

That’s got to be a joke doesn’t it?
Steely Green got 3 goals the other week. Where’s his then?
Must have been a quiet week for potential nominees. I had a look at recent years too and there are some outliers like this as well.

I didnt follow the other games closely enough this weekend to know whether it was a quiet week. For what its worth, I don't think Sunday was even close to one of Tom's better performances so far in his career.

Reactions: 2 users
That would be the softest nomination in the history of Rising Star nominations. 3 goals from 9 disposals doesn’t cut it.
L Morris Brisbane Rising Star nominee Rd 15 2024 - 9 disposals 2 goals.. Edit: Oops already mentioned

How about M King Saints R12 2020 - 7 disposals 3 goals

Best one Hayward Swans R23 2017 - 3 disposals 3 goals

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
L Morris Brisbane Rising Star nominee Rd 15 2024 - 9 disposals 2 goals.. Edit: Oops already mentioned

How about M King Saints R12 2020 - 7 disposals 3 goals

Best one Hayward Swans R23 2017 - 3 disposals 3 goals
Let's not facts get in the way of a good story thanks!

• Haha
The worse part is Geelongs Dempsey is favourite. Top kid.
BUT it's his 3rd year in the AFL.
How can he win Rising Star award???
Sonsie, Banks and Brown all in their third year and all eligible for the rising star but yet to be nominated.

Have said it before but the lack of rising star nominations is a big indicator that something is wrong with our young players. We have only had two nominations since 2019!

• Wow
Sonsie, Banks and Brown all in their third year and all eligible for the rising star but yet to be nominated.

Have said it before but the lack of rising star nominations is a big indicator that something is wrong with our young players. We have only had two nominations since 2019!
I think you’re putting way too much into what is an arbitrary selection process. Gibcus from memory has a huge game the same week Ginnivan kicked five and Ginnivan got the nod. Purely bad luck.

Brown as mentioned could have got a nomination based on the performance and selection of previous players like Morris but didn’t.

Don’t forget that a number of RS judges don’t even watch every game! Brad Johnson anyone?

Reactions: 3 users

We were busy winning flags

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Probably a blessing he can fix his shoulder and get back to preseason at the start of it

Reactions: 1 user
like a lot about Brown but have a lingering little query on his intensity, agree with others

Good to see he got in and had both shoulders operated on will be great for him to get back to preseason in time. As i said ages ago hes been dealing with this for months so maybe all the people having a go at his intensity should rethink some criticism. I challenge anyone with 2 dislocated shoulders to tackle or even lift there arms above there head in a marking contes! Great season by the lad

Reactions: 9 users
Good to see he got in and had both shoulders operated on will be great for him to get back to preseason in time. As i said ages ago hes been dealing with this for months so maybe all the people having a go at his ineltensity should rethink some criticism. I challenge anyone with 2 dislocated shoulders to tackle or even lift there arms above there head in a marking contes! Great season by the lad
Have to say I’ve been impressed with his marking in the forward line in the past few weeks

Good to see he got in and had both shoulders operated on will be great for him to get back to preseason in time. As i said ages ago hes been dealing with this for months so maybe all the people having a go at his intensity should rethink some criticism. I challenge anyone with 2 dislocated shoulders to tackle or even lift there arms above there head in a marking contes! Great season by the lad

Yes Tom will be the '6 Million Dollar Man' next year, he is being re-built :cool:

Tom Brown, ankle

"'Browny' had surgery on his right shoulder last week, he's pulled up really well. He's also in a moon boot for his syndesmosis. He'll have surgery in about four weeks' time on his other shoulder, but from all reports, he's going really well."

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Yes Tom will be the '6 Million Dollar Man' next year, he is being re-built :cool:

Tom Brown, ankle

"'Browny' had surgery on his right shoulder last week, he's pulled up really well. He's also in a moon boot for his syndesmosis. He'll have surgery in about four weeks' time on his other shoulder, but from all reports, he's going really well."
Better, Stronger, Faster