Welcome Tom Brown | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Tom Brown

We are often criticised for all players going up in a marking contest, leaving only opposition players at the crumb. At some of the contests, if you were at the ground, you could see Brown stayed down as he was too far away to impact and we were better off if he stayed on the ground. This is a judgement call and Brown does not yet have the judgement, hopefully he learns with experience.

DS

Reactions: 5 users
Yep. He happily stands under high balls coming in- today he backed back into a leading forward- tho he got outmarked. He isnt afrad to put his body on the line. But sometimes he still plays like the kid who was better and probably stronger than all his opponents. at times he tries to avoid contact so he can use the ball.
He will find a better balance as he matures. He might end up further up the ground, but I would prefer he stays down back for the rest of the year. There are others who could be shuffled to make room for Trezise and Smith.
Yep

He was ok today, decent first half.

Saw him standing in the hole a few times and you don’t do that if you are scared.

Reactions: 3 users
He's played 15 senior games in an under siege backline, and probably not many more than that at VFL level due to repeated injuries. Cut him some slack

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
He's played 15 senior games in an under siege backline, and probably not many more than that at VFL level due to repeated injuries. Cut him some slack
26 games in the VFL. 26 consecutive games btw.

Third year in the system and should be showing way more than he does. Yes, he is a great kick but that’s all he is right now. Like so many others, lacks competitiveness and really doesn’t deserve a game but gets one anyway because of injuries.

• Dislike
Reactions: 4 users
It's a worry most of our kids lack competitiveness. Obviously Clarke didn't have an eye for this.

Reactions: 5 users
Not his best game but that’s okay, another game to figure it all out. No way should he play anything other than AFL for the rest of the year.

Brown more than a good kick. Very calm and has great hands to grab a loose.
But needs to commit to every contest.
Noticeably across the board we lacked endeavour to join the fight and support teammates. To whit he didnt go 3rd man up.
Its a malaise.
All the young pups are too worried for their own game. In it for themselves. Who will sacrifice their game?

Reactions: 1 user

Third year in the system and should be showing way more than he does. Yes, he is a great kick but that’s all he is right now. Like so many others, lacks competitiveness and really doesn’t deserve a game but gets one anyway because of injuries.
26 consecutive games in the VFL?

3 times in the 1st half, he had the opportunity to go up to spoil as the 3rd man, but sat down and watched Hogan out mark Miller twice and then watched Greene out mark Broad.
He dosent like contact.
Did he go home after half time
6 possessions after half time.
Bull *smile* Zips
I saw him take plenty of contact yesterday
It’s a decision making thing, when to go or when to stay down.
Nothing to do with not liking contact.
He played a lot on the side of the ground I was on and he was definitely not avoiding contact.

• Dislike
Reactions: 8 users
Bull *smile* Zips
He played a lot on the side of the ground I was on and he was definitely not avoiding contact.
Once a cat always a cat.
Swap for Stengle

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users
Bull *smile* Zips
Don't worry too much about the naysayers Sin. Just enjoy the room we have on the Brown Bus, it got crowded with hangers on for a few weeks.

In tipping they will all be fighting for a ticket again soon enough.

Reactions: 2 users
I’m heartened by seeing Hugo gain confidence and some physicality. I think we’ll see the same with this bloke.
That's a good point. Hugo has been much better with his attack on the ball and contest,. has improved immensley in this area.

Brown has the physical tools, very quick and a great leap. Hopefully can harden up. Short's pathetic efforts are not showing him the way.

Reactions: 2 users

Good points. Let's hope he can improve on his committment to the contest. He ain't a first year kid.

26 consecutive games?? He missed the 1st 10 games in 2023 after an interrupted pre-season.

Reactions: 1 user