Welcome to Tigerland Jacob Bauer | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigerland Jacob Bauer

I was sitting close to our bench yesterday and at one stage we had Bauer, Trezise, Dow and Campbell there as well as the sub Smith. They were all very lean, good muscle definition but small and very lean in the body.

The st kilda players looked much “chunkier” if that is the right word.
Like Higgo? :ROFLMAO: Even Hill looks like he's had a few dim sims.

Reactions: 1 user
Like Higgo? :ROFLMAO: Even Hill looks like he's had a few dim sims.
Hill is very broad isn’t he, but he still moves well.

I have wondered if we are training these guys in endurance and sacrificing strength. I don’t know really, I am no expert on this space.

As far as Bauer is concerned he is nowhere near strong enough to be playing a kpp role at AFL level. I think he is a player but he has to play in roles that suit his physical capability. He could be a 3rd tall forward but he could also be a back in the style of Broad or Grimes.

But we desperately need forwards and he is a beautiful finisher.

Hill is very broad isn’t he, but he still moves well.

I have wondered if we are training these guys in endurance and sacrificing strength. I don’t know really, I am no expert on this space.

As far as Bauer is concerned he is nowhere near strong enough to be playing a kpp role at AFL level. I think he is a player but he has to play in roles that suit his physical capability. He could be a 3rd tall forward but he could also be a back in the style of Broad or Grimes.

But we desperately need forwards and he is a beautiful finisher.
Yeah Bauer's got a set of hands to clutch marks and is a good kick but does look too flexible for a KPP role. 3rd forward for sure.

Reactions: 1 users
The *smile* that is Brian Taylor called him Bayer, the other *smile* commentating (was it Jab or the head ducking *smile* ?) called Ralphsmith, Naismith
I thought I was just hearing things with the Naismith one. With the Bayer one, I would have been more surprised if BT got the pronunciation right.

I was sitting close to our bench yesterday and at one stage we had Bauer, Trezise, Dow and Campbell there as well as the sub Smith. They were all very lean, good muscle definition but small and very lean in the body.

More concerned that he can back up a game and then back up again without tearing a hammy / calf. He's had a few injuries that have disrupted his progress

I have wondered if we are training these guys in endurance and sacrificing strength.
Looking at the player's body composition it appears that way, which only worsens my perception of our strength and conditioning team. If we have trained our players with endurance as the highest priority at the expense of strength/muscle mass then why are we the most unfit (& weak) club in the competition?

Looking at the player's body composition it appears that way, which only worsens my perception of our strength and conditioning team. If we have trained our players with endurance as the highest priority at the expense of strength/muscle mass then why are we the most unfit club in the competition?
Are we?

Struggling teams often push the better teams for long periods and then drop away, it’s been happening for 100 years. I’m not sure fitness is the reason.

Are we?

Struggling teams often push the better teams for long periods and then drop away, it’s been happening for 100 years. I’m not sure fitness is the reason.
Part fitness, part mental / belief, part skills, part maturity, part list or team balance, part injuries to key players. There's a dozen things could be a little out of kilter that will cause teams to perform horribly. Only need to look at the performance inconsistency of even the finals contending teams this year.

Reactions: 2 users
Part fitness, part mental / belief, part skills, part maturity, part list or team balance, part injuries to key players. There's a dozen things could be a little out of kilter that will cause teams to perform horribly. Only need to look at the performance inconsistency of even the finals contending teams this year.
Yep. There are lots of reasons as you say.

I’m not saying Toothless is wrong, I don’t know how fit we are or aren’t, but I suspect if we were the fittest team in the league we wouldn’t be much better off in terms of wins and losses.

They bullied us a lot around the ground in one on ones

The *smile* that is Brian Taylor called him Bayer, the other *smile* commentating (was it Jab or the head ducking *smile* ?) called Ralphsmith, Naismith
I thought Jobes best line was "Richmond have great leg speed, at ground level." Where the *smile* else are you going to have leg speed? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
I thought Jobes best line was "Richmond have great leg speed, at ground level." Where the *smile* else are you going to have leg speed? :ROFLMAO:
Jobe starts a sentence and a thought then finishes it with potentially related words and thoughts

Reactions: 1 users
Not only is the sentence ridiculous, it's also incorrect as leg speed is something we don't have.

It is quite the feat where a sentence is not only obvious, but also incorrect.

Jobe playing 4D Duplo.

• Haha
Jobe is the dumber version of Tim…nice bloke but not quite bright….

• Haha
They put Sicily on him late as a compliment. Good on the ground as well as those hangers. Created many options