Welcome to Tigerland Jacob Bauer | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigerland Jacob Bauer

We need to play him as we need a marking forward who can kick goals
What'd he kick today ? 1 goal 4 behinds??? Poor game by a lot of our magoos boys today. Was bloody disappointing today as at least with them this year we can usually expect a red hot game.

Was really one of the reasons we lost today. Missed 2 simple shots in the last quarter that would have got us over the line.

We need to play him as we need a marking forward who can kick goals
He had 3 disposals 0 marks to 3/4 time. 3 and 3 in the last. He's just not getting into games at VFL level (this game was against a bottom side that hasn't won a game for yonks), I just can't fathom how he is going to find form quickly at AFL level. It's a pity Gray became injured, he showed so much potential.

We’re doing a Cumbo on him
he should’ve been playing AFL as a forward weeks ago but we haven’t completely destroyed him yet

We’re doing a Cumbo on him
he should’ve been playing AFL as a forward weeks ago but we haven’t completely destroyed him yet
I sorta get what you mean but he has played forward the last 3 weeks since coming back from injury

Reactions: 1 users
He had 3 disposals 0 marks to 3/4 time. 3 and 3 in the last. He's just not getting into games at VFL level (this game was against a bottom side that hasn't won a game for yonks), I just can't fathom how he is going to find form quickly at AFL level. It's a pity Gray became injured, he showed so much potential.
Bauer and Davidson aren't tall forwards, size wise they are 3rd talls, the cupboard is bare. What have we got to lose to play Brown and Bauer along side Kosi or Balta.

• Love
Bauer and Davidson aren't tall forwards, size wise they are 3rd talls, the cupboard is bare. What have we got to lose to play Brown and Bauer along side Kosi or Balta.
I'm a firm believer that if you're struggling at VFL level then you're likely going to struggle at AFL level, even moreso for taller players. All we have atm are 3rd talls, we don't need 3 of them all in the forward line at the same time. If Balta goes back then yes maybe but again he's not performing atm and has had alot of injuries and imo is better for his development atm to gain confidence and form at VFL level.

I'm a firm believer that if you're struggling at VFL level then you're likely going to struggle at AFL level, even moreso for taller players. All we have atm are 3rd talls, we don't need 3 of them all in the forward line at the same time. If Balta goes back then yes maybe but again he's not performing atm and has had alot of injuries and imo is better for his development atm to gain confidence and form at VFL level.
The forward delivery today was terrible, mind you it wasn't any better in the AFL side.

Reactions: 1 user
With Brown playing forward and now out for the season, surely Bauer comes in......surely.

Reactions: 6 users
Have wanted a three tall attack all year. Two kpp's Kossie and this week Blight keeping Balta in defense and play Bauer more as a marking tall medium.

No Green thru injury. This week with those three talls MRJ for Green, Bolton, Mansell.
Just about as well as we can do id say. Our talls are also then getting some experience at the level and it makes for much better structure.

Blight so far has shown more marking ability than just about all of our talls. He also offers an ability to swap players around if need be.

Have wanted a three tall attack all year. Two kpp's Kossie and this week Blight keeping Balta in defense and play Bauer more as a marking tall medium.

No Green thru injury. This week with those three talls MRJ for Green, Bolton, Mansell.
Just about as well as we can do id say. Our talls are also then getting some experience at the level and it makes for much better structure.

Blight so far has shown more marking ability than just about all of our talls. He also offers an ability to swap players around if need be.
MRJ likely needs more VFL time. 4 disposals at VFL last week in 3/4s, looked totally out of sorts from what I saw. I'd prefer Bauer as the direct replacement for Brown, need the 2 talls minimum. And you left out Dusty or do you think he won't play?

Reactions: 1 user